Suarez - banned for 4 months (page 74)

Re: Suarez

I don't see how he can possibily play football again in England.

We pride ourselves on having the best league in the world, yet one of the star players bites people?

No. No way. It simply cannot happen and he MUST be banned.

That's the third time he's bitten someone on the football pitch - it has to be the last.

The cheating rat is disgusting and deserves a one year worldwide football ban.

If you were biting people on the street every few months, I'm pretty sure you'd get a jail sentence.

Am I right in thinking that he had already committed an offence that warranted a red card earlier in the game as well as following up the bite with a worse head butt than that which saw Pepe red carded a few days ago?

Its his response of these things happen in football that irks, they only happen when he's about, he's not even sorry. But than again an apology would be an admission of guilt. Can't wait to hear the uruguay explanation later, I think it will be an accidental collission and he's goofy.

i reckon he'll be banned for the remainder of the world cup (4 games) and thats it. Prem League wont touch this.

super_city_si said:
i reckon he'll be banned for the remainder of the world cup (4 games) and thats it. Prem League wont touch this.
I can see Fifa coming down hard on him, maybe even a ban for the whole of ghe next European campaign. But in my opinion I believe the only action taken will be for international games.

however, this is my question.
usually when ever a punishment is handed out it usually carries the tag line of "and warned about their future conduct". If this is the case then surely the Premier league have an obligation to take action. He has clearly shown that he has resorted to type less than 12 months after serving his ban. The fact it was while on international duty should not come into it.

do the premier league have the balls?

Do the dippers?

CityFan94 said:
I don't see how he can possibily play football again in England.

We pride ourselves on having the best league in the world, yet one of the star players bites people?

No. No way. It simply cannot happen and he MUST be banned.

That's the third time he's bitten someone on the football pitch - it has to be the last.

The cheating rat is disgusting and deserves a one year worldwide football ban.

If you were biting people on the street every few months, I'm pretty sure you'd get a jail sentence.
Only with a muzzle. He could disguise it with a mask. A Bugs Bunny one with a dangly carrot would be apt.

Over here in Ragland my little granddaughter attends a pre-school group,one day a little boy there bit another little boy-result-said little boys parents were told their son was banned from the group until this behaviour was proved to have been brought under control,if this behaviour cannot be tolerated coming from a 4 year old why can it be tolerated by so called adults in positions of authority ? It's complete bollocks what this fucker gets away with just because he happens to be a so called sports star,complete and utter fucking bollocks !

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
mcmanus said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
I know you are a bit slow at times but how does "10 match international ban" translate as a month or two in your head? I did a bit of digging to investigate how long it would take to serve a 10 match ban and it would take almost a year if Uruguay's fixture schedule is anything like the year following the previous world cup.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_in_Uruguayan_football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80 ... n_football</a>

There were 15 games in all played that year. But you also have to take into account other factors of course, such as any further games played in the world cup (Uruguay have at least one to play), and the fact that 9 of the 15 international games were friendlies, two of which (Copa Confraternidad de Antel and Copa 100 Años del Banco de Seguros del Estado) were prestige friendlies sponsored by corporations (A telecom giant, and a bank), one of which was a 100 year commemoration- so not likely to be played in the coming year. I have checked FIFA's index for Uruguay fixture and they only have one friendly lined up (against Saudi Arabia in Jeddah), Although a strong finish or even victory may increase the amount of friendlies played. But then again that is restricted by FIFA international dates. A 10 match ban in all likelihood affect his available appearances at the Copa America next year, it is also worth noting the difference of magnitude between 10 Liverpool league fixtures that weren't exactly most important , and an inevitable world cup expulsion if he receives any punishment. This is not about a deterrent, the player obviously had anger issues and one he is angry he hits out by biting. People don't behave in a considered and rational manner when the red mist descends. The punishment even when severe may not be enough to make him seek anger management treatment. A 12 month ban would also be appropriate- there is not much between the a 10 match and a 12 month as I have demonstrated, but a fixed time period may send a greater message. A 2 year ban is disproportionate to the offence, and although Suarez's previous character should be taken into account, there is no need to view this as criminal proceedings as some posters appear to be doing.

'
Cheers for that.

However the last two times he's sunk his teeth into an opposition player it has been in domestic football and been banned for 8 and 10 games for the incidents, which kinda is about two months worth of football each time. I've got the feeling that these punishments are not particularly working as demonstrated last night. He kinda still thinks biting folk isn't wrong.

A lengthy worldwide ban might just put into his obvious tiny brain that putting his quite big teeth into others isn't really on.

I was just winding you up mate. I know it doesn't bother you, I do the same to Markt85, I don't think you nearly as thick as you call yourself out at times. The trouble is that a deterrent is based on rationality and obviously Suarez has a short fuse which impairs his ability to think rationally and control himself, I think if you took away the aggression he would actually perform at a poorer level. Bellamy was bastard, not quite the same as Suarez but a bastard nonetheless, and he admitted himself that his on the pitch persona was his game face he put on, otherwise he would lose attention and drift out of the game. The player himself therefore may not actually care about anger management because of a reason such as that. There is another thing, people moan about lack of characters in sport and that people are boring but then paradoxically "expect" players to be well be behaved and act as though they have a professional code of conduct like doctors and lawyers, and condemn even the slightest misdemeanor and demand for lifetime bans, deportation,etc in response. But then some people are stupid aren't they, although again I wouldn't consider you one of them,

Haha then don't try.

Yes I am. My IQ is well below my age pal.

Suarez is a goofy **** who will not stop biting folk till he gets a severe punishment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.