Suarez - banned for 4 months (page 74)

Re: Suarez

Bewar3them00n said:
mcmanus said:
Jackson-ctid said:
Behave, it was a nibble. Disgusting and Repulsive from an adult but utterly harmless. It's clear that Suarez was trying to force a flailing arm from Chiellini to try and get him sent off for an elbow, to increase his country's chance of progression. Suarez is a calculated genius; immoral and disgusting but he does what he does for the greater good of his team.

In my opinion, he should be handed a 10 match International ban. In line with what is expected for spitting on someone plus 4 for violent conduct.

All of these calls for a 2 year ban etc. are ludicrous.

El loco has now bitten three players for fucks sake. Banning goofy for a month or two doesn't work.

If he did it in a street brawl he would be arrested, it's viewed worse than a punch as bodily fluids can be passed from biter to victim, and hence whatever nasties are present in said individuals. and my 5 year old bit me this morning and broke my skin, imagine what a grown man can do with teeth like those!
Personally, banning him doesn't work, banning or punishing the side he plays for would be the only way to curb his antics, so kicking Uraguay out of the World Cup, and awarding a win to all the opponents faced so far

That's the only way Roy Hodgson's team will get three points and we still wouldn't qualify then!

leighton said:
TonyM said:
Why would banning him impact his ability to make a living? surely Liverpool fc will pay him as per his contract....unless his contract has some precondition that he is can't bite people.

He deserves a life ban from football imo. Enough is enough.

If he was to get a extreme ban then his contract will be worthless. This won't happen. All of the player unions will support him if he was given a life ban or anything from over 6 months or more.
Would a union support someone who was found guilty of using violence in the workplace and assaulting a fellow professional in such a way?

Jackson-ctid said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
urmston said:
I don't find the bites repulsive. They are pathetic and silly from a grown man, but they have done no damage, a bit like one toddler biting another.

I find a dive for a penalty repulsive. It is cheating pure and simple.

So going down too easily in the box is worse than potentially infecting another player with a blood borne virus such as hepatitis or HIV/Aids?
What a fucking odd world you inhabit.

Behave, it was a nibble. Disgusting and Repulsive from an adult but utterly harmless. It's clear that Suarez was trying to force a flailing arm from Chiellini to try and get him sent off for an elbow, to increase his country's chance of progression. Suarez is a calculated genius; immoral and disgusting but he does what he does for the greater good of his team.

In my opinion, he should be handed a 10 match International ban. In line with what is expected for spitting on someone plus 4 for violent conduct.

A genius? A genius?!!

Racially abusing a fellow human being and BITING 3 fellow professionals are the actions of a genius? That attitude is disgusting quite frankly.

If Suarez is trying to make Chiellini react and get him sent off, or Ivanovic or Bakkal then he must realize that for the referee or officials to see it they must not only be looking in his direction but also see his actions..

What good does he do his team when they are on the attack and he stops play by falling to the ground after biting someone? There wasn't even a claim to the referee to send either Ivanovic or Chiellini off, he simply reacts to implicate a coming together to spare himself a redcard not to induce one for the opponent.

What benefit is it to his team to racially abuse another person? None.

He's a disgusting piece of scum that shouldn't be allowed back on the football pitch.

I tell you what, you go into your work and racially abuse a co worker and bite 3 others and claim it's because you're a "calculated genius" and you can use your one call in jail to let me know how it goes.

mcmanus said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
mcmanus said:
El loco has now bitten three players for fucks sake. Banning goofy for a month or two doesn't work.

I know you are a bit slow at times but how does "10 match international ban" translate as a month or two in your head? I did a bit of digging to investigate how long it would take to serve a 10 match ban and it would take almost a year if Uruguay's fixture schedule is anything like the year following the previous world cup.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_in_Uruguayan_football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80 ... n_football</a>

There were 15 games in all played that year. But you also have to take into account other factors of course, such as any further games played in the world cup (Uruguay have at least one to play), and the fact that 9 of the 15 international games were friendlies, two of which (Copa Confraternidad de Antel and Copa 100 Años del Banco de Seguros del Estado) were prestige friendlies sponsored by corporations (A telecom giant, and a bank), one of which was a 100 year commemoration- so not likely to be played in the coming year. I have checked FIFA's index for Uruguay fixture and they only have one friendly lined up (against Saudi Arabia in Jeddah), Although a strong finish or even victory may increase the amount of friendlies played. But then again that is restricted by FIFA international dates. A 10 match ban in all likelihood affect his available appearances at the Copa America next year, it is also worth noting the difference of magnitude between 10 Liverpool league fixtures that weren't exactly most important , and an inevitable world cup expulsion if he receives any punishment. This is not about a deterrent, the player obviously had anger issues and one he is angry he hits out by biting. People don't behave in a considered and rational manner when the red mist descends. The punishment even when severe may not be enough to make him seek anger management treatment. A 12 month ban would also be appropriate- there is not much between the a 10 match and a 12 month as I have demonstrated, but a fixed time period may send a greater message. A 2 year ban is disproportionate to the offence, and although Suarez's previous character should be taken into account, there is no need to view this as criminal proceedings as some posters appear to be doing.

'
Cheers for that.

However the last two times he's sunk his teeth into an opposition player it has been in domestic football and been banned for 8 and 10 games for the incidents, which kinda is about two months worth of football each time. I've got the feeling that these punishments are not particularly working as demonstrated last night. He kinda still thinks biting folk isn't wrong.

A lengthy worldwide ban might just put into his obvious tiny brain that putting his quite big teeth into others isn't really on.

I was just winding you up mate. I know it doesn't bother you, I do the same to Markt85, I don't think you nearly as thick as you call yourself out at times. The trouble is that a deterrent is based on rationality and obviously Suarez has a short fuse which impairs his ability to think rationally and control himself, I think if you took away the aggression he would actually perform at a poorer level. Bellamy was bastard, not quite the same as Suarez but a bastard nonetheless, and he admitted himself that his on the pitch persona was his game face he put on, otherwise he would lose attention and drift out of the game. The player himself therefore may not actually care about anger management because of a reason such as that. There is another thing, people moan about lack of characters in sport and that people are boring but then paradoxically "expect" players to be well be behaved and act as though they have a professional code of conduct like doctors and lawyers, and condemn even the slightest misdemeanor and demand for lifetime bans, deportation,etc in response. But then some people are stupid aren't they, although again I wouldn't consider you one of them,

Song for Liverpool at the start of next season (since we all know they won it)? "We are the champions, my friend… We'll go on biting till the end".

Seriously, I just think that if FIFA don't have the balls to chuck this guy out of the tournament, then it discredits the whole thing, and I for one won't be watching one second more of it. It's not the incident that counts, now, it's their reaction to it.

pudge & rodge said:
Jackson-ctid said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
So going down too easily in the box is worse than potentially infecting another player with a blood borne virus such as hepatitis or HIV/Aids?
What a fucking odd world you inhabit.

A genius? A genius?!!

Racially abusing a fellow human being and BITING 3 fellow professionals are the actions of a genius? That attitude is disgusting quite frankly.

If Suarez is trying to make Chiellini react and get him sent off, or Ivanovic or Bakkal then he must realize that for the referee or officials to see it they must not only be looking in his direction but also see his actions..

What good does he do his team when they are on the attack and he stops play by falling to the ground after biting someone? There wasn't even a claim to the referee to send either Ivanovic or Chiellini off, he simply reacts to implicate a coming together to spare himself a redcard not to induce one for the opponent.

He's a disgusting piece of scum that shouldn't be allowed back on the football pitch.

I tell you what, you go into your work and racially abuse a co worker and bite 3 others and claim it's because you're a "calculated genius" and you can use your one call in jail to let me know how it goes.

What a brilliantly put post, words out my mouth. There shouldn't even be an arguement on how this is deemed to be either bad or not bad. It's fucking disgusting and he should be banned from football.

Bewar3them00n said:
mcmanus said:
Jackson-ctid said:

If he did it in a street brawl he would be arrested, it's viewed worse than a punch as bodily fluids can be passed from biter to victim, and hence whatever nasties are present in said individuals. and my 5 year old bit me this morning and broke my skin, imagine what a grown man can do with teeth like those!
Personally, banning him doesn't work, banning or punishing the side he plays for would be the only way to curb his antics, so kicking Uraguay out of the World Cup, and awarding a win to all the opponents faced so far

Why would they award a win to all the opponents faced so far? He didn't play v Costa Rica and did nothing v England other than embarrass a shit team.

The only ones with an argument to get reinstated are Italy due to the fact he should have been sent off, but the ref didn't see it and incidents are missed all the time so their argument is weak.

The only valid reason I see to punish Uruguay which I think should happen is through their stance thus far of supporting him and his actions, they should be made aware this and an example of for defending the undefendable.

Will it happen? Will it fook.

All everyone seems concerned about is punishing the player when the focus should be the Uruquayan FA too.

I think he should receive a global ban till the start of 2015, and then be warned that any further serious breaches/episodes of violent conduct will result in the ban being doubled. He should also be made to seek professional help during that period.

Obviously he'll get a 10 game ban, poxy fine and be back helping the professional mourners when he shouldn't be allowed to.

Oh and that ban will be suspended till after they visit us.

Manchester_lalala said:
pudge & rodge said:
Jackson-ctid said:

A genius? A genius?!!

What a brilliantly put post, words out my mouth. There shouldn't even be an arguement on how this is deemed to be either bad or not bad. It's fucking disgusting and he should be banned from football.
I've seen a few defending and justifying his actions with the reasoning that he's trying to benefit his team and "win at all costs" but again, that attitude is horrific imo.

He's only a benefit to his team when he chooses to harness his immense quality, that nobody can deny, and put the ball in the back of the net. He is of np benefit to anyone when he racially abuses and assaults other human beings.

There is no "method to the madness" as someone else on here put it, again there's never a reaction to the officials to send the other player off but rather just to spare his own blushes. That shows he doesn't bite, still can't believe I have to type that, to induce a reaction he does it because he's a disgusting, detestable person.

He's not a "calculated genius" when he does it, he's a danger to everyone else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.