Suarez - banned for 4 months (page 74)

Re: Suarez

TonyM said:
Why would banning him impact his ability to make a living? surely Liverpool fc will pay him as per his contract....unless his contract has some precondition that he is can't bite people.

He deserves a life ban from football imo. Enough is enough.

If he was to get a extreme ban then his contract will be worthless. This won't happen. All of the player unions will support him if he was given a life ban or anything from over 6 months or more.

I haven't read all 62 pages so apologies if this has been reported...............Luis Suarez has asked Liverpool for a transfer to ......................................

Borussia Munchonacentrebach..............................

leighton said:
Fifa need to make a stance on this. They fucked up with the Zidane headbutt at the world cup final a 3 game ban and a small fine.
I don't think they will do the same with Suarez. I think if they want to hit him hard they will do big time. He got a 10 game ban I wouldn't be shocked to see that getting doubled. For competitive games be it international games or both club and international games. They can't ban him completely as the player will claim he won't be able to make a living and the players unions will be supporting him in this for not a major ban.

It wouldn't have made any difference if they had given him a 100 game ban or 100 year ban, it had already been announced that he was to retire after the world cup any punishment is likely to be closing the door after the horse has bolted. You might have a point about the fine of £3,260, but then Matterazi was also fined £2,170 for provoking him.

EDIT

Also, has anyone actually considered that FIFA like dramatic off the ball events- it draws in interest from "non-football watchers" and "casual fans", and nobody actually wants the game sanitized and a return to the sepia coloured handlebar moustaches, Simon Cowell waistbands, and "Gentlemanly" days of old.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
leighton said:
Fifa need to make a stance on this. They fucked up with the Zidane headbutt at the world cup final a 3 game ban and a small fine.
I don't think they will do the same with Suarez. I think if they want to hit him hard they will do big time. He got a 10 game ban I wouldn't be shocked to see that getting doubled. For competitive games be it international games or both club and international games. They can't ban him completely as the player will claim he won't be able to make a living and the players unions will be supporting him in this for not a major ban.

It wouldn't have made any difference if they had given him a 100 game ban or 100 year ban, it had already been announced that he was to retire after the world cup any punishment is likely to be closing the door after the horse has bolted. You might have a point about the fine of £3,260, but then Matterazi was also fined £2,170 for provoking him.

More so the fine they got him to do community service instead of the 3 game ban lol. You can't second guess FIFA at times.

I haven't read all 62 pages so apologies if this has been reported...............Luis Suarez is hoping that Uruguay get drawn against Germany in the quarter-finals because he fancies ...................................... a "Shoulder of Lahm".

If the ban is International Football only both Suarez and Uruguay will not suffer any real punishment in my opinion. A year to come with friendlies leading up to next summer's Copa America in Chile apparently. Even if it's longer and includes the start of the next qualifying period for the 2018 World Cup; Uruguay only have to finish in the top five from ten to get at least a play off spot - shouldn't be too hard even without him.

If it's all forms of Football; he may very well miss out on a dream move to one of the Spanish giants and a nice signing on fee, alternatively he will lose his win bonus's for playing for the Mickeys and to quote RAWK "those dreamy Anfield European nights". I would think his income from commercial deals are also going to be hit.

All of Football's governing bodies need to nail him to the wall.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
mcmanus said:
Jackson-ctid said:
Behave, it was a nibble. Disgusting and Repulsive from an adult but utterly harmless. It's clear that Suarez was trying to force a flailing arm from Chiellini to try and get him sent off for an elbow, to increase his country's chance of progression. Suarez is a calculated genius; immoral and disgusting but he does what he does for the greater good of his team.

In my opinion, he should be handed a 10 match International ban. In line with what is expected for spitting on someone plus 4 for violent conduct.

All of these calls for a 2 year ban etc. are ludicrous.

El loco has now bitten three players for fucks sake. Banning goofy for a month or two doesn't work.

I know you are a bit slow at times but how does "10 match international ban" translate as a month or two in your head? I did a bit of digging to investigate how long it would take to serve a 10 match ban and it would take almost a year if Uruguay's fixture schedule is anything like the year following the previous world cup.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_in_Uruguayan_football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80 ... n_football</a>

There were 15 games in all played that year. But you also have to take into account other factors of course, such as any further games played in the world cup (Uruguay have at least one to play), and the fact that 9 of the 15 international games were friendlies, two of which (Copa Confraternidad de Antel and Copa 100 Años del Banco de Seguros del Estado) were prestige friendlies sponsored by corporations (A telecom giant, and a bank), one of which was a 100 year commemoration- so not likely to be played in the coming year. I have checked FIFA's index for Uruguay fixture and they only have one friendly lined up (against Saudi Arabia in Jeddah), Although a strong finish or even victory may increase the amount of friendlies played. But then again that is restricted by FIFA international dates. A 10 match ban in all likelihood affect his available appearances at the Copa America next year, it is also worth noting the difference of magnitude between 10 Liverpool league fixtures that weren't exactly most important , and an inevitable world cup expulsion if he receives any punishment. This is not about a deterrent, the player obviously had anger issues and one he is angry he hits out by biting. People don't behave in a considered and rational manner when the red mist descends. The punishment even when severe may not be enough to make him seek anger management treatment. A 12 month ban would also be appropriate- there is not much between the a 10 match and a 12 month as I have demonstrated, but a fixed time period may send a greater message. A 2 year ban is disproportionate to the offence, and although Suarez's previous character should be taken into account, there is no need to view this as criminal proceedings as some posters appear to be doing.

'
Cheers for that.

However the last two times he's sunk his teeth into an opposition player it has been in domestic football and been banned for 8 and 10 games for the incidents, which kinda is about two months worth of football each time. I've got the feeling that these punishments are not particularly working as demonstrated last night. He kinda still thinks biting folk isn't wrong.

A lengthy worldwide ban might just put into his obvious tiny brain that putting his quite big teeth into others isn't really on.

oakiecokie said:
Fair play to Phil Thompson who I`m just watching being interviewed on SS1.He is devastated at Suarez and what he has done and in no way can support him.
Well done big nose on not standing by him in this instance.

That was funny as fuck. As you say, old big nose was truly devastated. It was genuinely funny to watch him squirm. The long pauses and pained expression were a joy to behold. I actually thought he was going to burst into tears.

Bluep*ss said:
I haven't read all 62 pages so apologies if this has been reported...............Luis Suarez has asked Liverpool for a transfer to ......................................

Borussia Munchonacentrebach..............................

Tumbleweed.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.