Suarez called up for Villa cup game!

It was hard for both of them as youths are better brought into a settled and solid team, not that mess from last night. For example, those say Suarez can't make it based on yesterday but for example did Gareth Barry - who long ago made it - look a Premier League quality player last night? Not really. I'm confident Suarez has a huge future (and so are Spain who keep calling him up to a very talented team), not sure on Razak really, he loses the ball far too easily but that is something that can possibly be coached out of his game.

quiet_riot said:
IMO, both Suarez and Razak showed why they're not ready yet. Razak was the better of the two, but his decision making and his need of an extra touch let him down. He often made up for it, but he won't be able to do that against better teams.

Razak - Gelson Fernandes

Suarez looked ok to me - once he gets used to the pace of first team football he'll be a class act. Razak - his over complicating style might be ok in the reserves but not sure he'll adapt as well as Suarez. Unfortunate shades of Jason Beckford meets Gelson Fernandes

Suarez was quiet and found it difficult to stamp his authority on the game. That can come, look at Ireland in 08-09 (I know it was one season, but the transformation from previous seasons was huge). When he was on the ball he was neat and tidy.

What we now need to do is start giving him 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there, in games where we are 3 or 4-0 up. Give him a real taste of first team football in a proper atmosphere and a proper team, rather than that shambles last night.

nunogo said:
Suarez was quiet and found it difficult to stamp his authority on the game. That can come, look at Ireland in 08-09 (I know it was one season, but the transformation from previous seasons was huge). When he was on the ball he was neat and tidy.

What we now need to do is start giving him 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there, in games where we are 3 or 4-0 up. Give him a real taste of first team football in a proper atmosphere and a proper team, rather than that shambles last night.
We're a long way off that the way we've been playing recently.

LoveCity said:
It was hard for both of them as youths are better brought into a settled and solid team, not that mess from last night. For example, those say Suarez can't make it based on yesterday but for example did Gareth Barry - who long ago made it - look a Premier League quality player last night? Not really. I'm confident Suarez has a huge future (and so are Spain who keep calling him up to a very talented team), not sure on Razak really, he loses the ball far too easily but that is something that can possibly be coached out of his game.

He should be on loan. Now when there isn't any capital one cup games, he won't get any chances. Does he even play in the u-21 league? He won't develop this way.

I knew before the game he would disappoint. The only reason he has been hyped is because he came for big money and is Spanish, that's it. Last night was the 5th time i have seen him play since he came here and each time i have left thinking "is that it?"

He's got talent but he's a way way off the first team, needs a year in the U21 this season and 2-3 years on loan somewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.