Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Here is an interesting article from the Guardian.

How the rest of the world must look at us. What the hell state are we in when Albania, Peru and Belize can take the moral high ground.

It is criminal that these fucking fascistsbastards are still in government. How can anyone defend their immigration policies?

From the Refugee Council:
  • There is no such thing as an ‘illegal’ or ‘bogus’ asylum seeker. Under international law, anyone has the right to apply for asylum in any country that has signed the 1951 Convention and to remain there until the authorities have assessed their claim
  • It is recognised in the 1951 Convention that people fleeing persecution may have to use irregular means in order to escape and claim asylum in another country – there is no legal way to travel to the UK for the specific purpose of seeking asylum
  • People seeking asylum do not come to the UK to claim benefits. Most know nothing about welfare benefits before they arrive and had no expectation that they would receive financial support
  • Most people seeking asylum are living in poverty and experience poor health and hunger. Many families are not able to pay for the basics such as clothing, powdered milk and nappies
  • Almost all people seeking asylum are not allowed to work and are forced to rely on state support – this is as little as £5.84 a day to live on
  • Over 6.8 million people have fled conflict in Syria, and many more are displaced inside the country. Türkiye is the biggest refugee hosting country in the world. At the end of 2022 Türkiye was providing safety to 3.7 million Syrian refugees. By the end of February 2021 the UK had resettled 20,319 refugees from Syria under the Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme (VPRS). This includes 239 refugees who were resettled prior to the target of 20,000 being set. Overall, the UK is home to approx. 1% of the 27.1 million refugees who were forcibly displaced across the world.
And yet it seems according to this Tory Government that it is the largest problem we face.
On the grounds that this United Kingdom is damaged and divided would it be possible to claim refugee status in a country that hasn't lost the plot.
I quite fancy Germany...

Nah, they don't really. Some might but no more than the English who hate every country that isn't England. My missus is Glaswegian and we have a place there and I've never ever had an issue when visiting due to where I'm from.

0c18f65b45abd55e3dfac936ede59488.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.