Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

I'd like to think we could almost all agree that the government are making a **** of it and Lineker could have used a better analogy.

The persistent hyperbole you employed in attacking Lineker’s comment was excessive. Wouldn‘t a comment such as ‘I don’t agree with the ‘30s Germany reference, but the refugee policies and language used by this Govt is divisive and wrong’ have sufficed?

I think it would have landed better than frothing hysteria about Ribbentrop. Just a thought.
Yes no one likes hyperbole when fighting for their side on bluemoon;-)

Not the best analogy I have to say. Shitting in a river is never a great idea but living in a place where there’s lots of people and the infrastructure to support that number quite often is, and there’s plenty of places with higher population densities than anywhere in the UK that are desirable places to live.
I refer you to choking children, commuting and lack of open spaces the world over.

Give up with the nirvana of populated cities you ain't going to win.

I'd like to think we could almost all agree that the government are making a **** of it and Lineker could have used a better analogy.
What other analogy would work where a government is trying to scapegoat a minority, wants to lock up or deport people without due process, wants to ignore international law and treaties, and refers to destitute people fleeing persecution as an invasion?

As I said I don't know the quotes Lineker was responding to and quite honestly why would anyone in today's world compare anything to the Holocaust. Nothing would ever come close to it so your question is pretty facile
Hope you were this vociferous when MP Bridgen actually compared covid vaccination to the Holocaust. That’s an elected Member of Parliament using the word Holocaust, compared to an ex footballer suggesting the Home Secretary shouldn’t really be using the language of 1930’s Germany.
No mention of Nazi’s, no mention of Holocaust.

I see Swella has now said how hurt she is by Lineker as she is married to a Jew so her children are all direct descendants of people who went through the Holocaust, thereby deliberately telling lies about what Lineker actually said. Oddly enough, she didn’t seem bothered in the slightest by Jacob Rees-Mogg accusing Tory Jews of being "illuminati", nor by Boris Johnson's book saying 'Jews control all the media', not by Bridgen comparing vaccines to the actual Holocaust, no Mrs Bridgen using the antisemitic conspiracy theory of 'Cultural Marxism'.
Its almost like they’re duplicitous fuckers who’ll cheat, lie and misrepresent anything and everything to try to create division as it’s all they’ve got left.…

Penny, ‘I used to be a senior Naval officer’ Mourdant wading in now.

"Labour are borrowing from the Gary Lineker playbook. They are a party of goalhangers and the occasional leftwing striker hanging around the goalmouth poised to seize any opportunities and take any shot."

No idea what she’s trying to say but I think they might just be doubling down a little too much, even for them.…

Let’s face it, this is all a ruse to distract people from the shitshow of a country that we have become under the Tories. Instigated to attack Labour, Lineker‘s statement has added more fuel to the fire and the electorate who agree with what the government is pushing are fighting to prove that their opinion is valid, even though the international law, and every human rights organisation slams the policy.

In the meantime the country burns, lurching from crisis to crisis that we cannot fix because the government that got us here seem to have lost all the money.

Keep up with your faux arguments people, let’s hope your future has a better forecast than this current government.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.