Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

"The fake garb of humanitarianism..."

I'm not even sure if the below is a genuine quote from Hitler, but it's as if she's now mining the 1930s for what she says.

"The so-called humanitarianism is the expression of a mixture of stupidity, cowardice and conceited ignorance" (Adolf Hitler)​

(I can't find it in German - I'm not even sure the Nazis had a word for "humanitarianism"; Humanismus was humanism, and they were against that - but also against Christianity's moral squeamishness about eugenics.)
More on "Humanitätsduselei"...

I give you, from Mein Kampf:

"Every problem in foreign politics must be considered from this point of view, and this point of view alone. Shall such and such a solution prove advantageous to our people now or in the future, or will it injure their interests? That is the question.
"This is the sole preoccupation that must occupy our minds in dealing with a question. Party politics, religious considerations, humanitarian ideals--all such and all other preoccupations must absolutely give way to this."

And this:
"Whoever ignores or despises the laws of race really deprives himself of the happiness to which he believes he can attain. For he places an obstacle in the victorious path of the superior race and, by so doing, he interferes with a prerequisite condition of all human progress. Loaded with the burden of humanitarian sentiment, he falls back to the level of those who are unable to raise themselves in the scale of being."

Another:

"The humanitarian idiocy becomes fashionable, and by submitting to these aberrations, and sparing individuals, one sacrifices the future of millions."

I think the only question is whether Braverman is deliberately channelling Nazi language, or just innocently echoing Hitler.

Last edited:
After showing pictures of pristine multi-storey buildings when this barmpot policy was announced, these images seem to be unlikely to impress people.

I went to Rwanda about 10 years ago, and this is very much the more usual style of buildings there.

I suppose it's one way for the Home Secretary to get official trips abroad at the tax payers expense.
Her predecessor used our money to pay for her own girly weekends away.

A mate of hers bragged about it on a social media channel. Funnily enough another story our free press buried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.