Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

I'll give you something to cheer your heart. They are so far behind in the polls, they are going to be battered into oblivion when the election does happen. The SNP will probably be leaders of the opposition, not the tories, and the other quite magical point to consider is the traditional way people vote for them in increasing numbers as they age isn't happening. Millennials and Generation X are remaining steadfast in their refusal to vote for them because they can't think of any positives a tory government during their lifetime has given them.

It's quite possible this will be the last tory government for decades, if ever again, because there are too many people that detest them with a vengeance. It prevents them from supporting them, and they're not changing their view in time honoured fashion.

The election is coming, and they will be toasted. I remember that glorious morning in 1997 when I switched on the telly and they had lost. It was one of the happiest days of my life, watching the cabinet ministers walking out of No 10 with cheesy smiles on their faces after Labour had secured a 179 seat majority.

People have had enough of them, it's time for change, and that''s reflected in the polls.

Unfortunately, I’m seeing more and more racist fuckers.

You have to add to the fact that photo ID will be required for the next election, which favours the elderly as their photo travel passes quality, while it will impact on young people as they are less likely to have such ID, unless they apply to the local council.

It will be interesting to see the extent in which the requirement for ID will reduce the Tory vote. After all, the towns that now make up the blue wall are full of insular people who don't have ID like a passport as they don't go anywhere. I would think that, in part, this explains their questionable attitudes.

I expect a massive push by Labour and the Lib Dems at the appropriate time to apply for a Voter Authority Certificate - this can be done on-line or by post and of course there are also postal votes. The biggest flaw in the Tory plan is that they are in a situation now where the next GE will be after local elections....... all the opposing parties, all the anti-gerrymandering groups and all those wanting people to vote will be all over it after the Tory Voter ID rules prevent people who want to vote in the local elections. Regardless of the results Starmer and Davey need to push the VAC and hard so voter suppression impacts are reduced

I expect a massive push by Labour and the Lib Dems at the appropriate time to apply for a Voter Authority Certificate - this can be done on-line or by post and of course there are also postal votes. The biggest flaw in the Tory plan is that they are in a situation now where the next GE will be after local elections....... all the opposing parties, all the anti-gerrymandering groups and all those wanting people to vote will be all over it after the Tory Voter ID rules prevent people who want to vote in the local elections. Regardless of the results Starmer and Davey need to push the VAC and hard so voter suppression impacts are reduced

Any idea who pays for these certificates (which I'd not heard of before today)? The councils who are already short of money?

If there's a campaign about it, it also needs to get people to apply as far in advance as possible.

You have to add to the fact that photo ID will be required for the next election, which favours the elderly as their photo travel passes quality, while it will impact on young people as they are less likely to have such ID, unless they apply to the local council.

It will be interesting to see the extent in which the requirement for ID will reduce the Tory vote. After all, the towns that now make up the blue wall are full of insular people who don't have ID like a passport as they don't go anywhere. I would think that, in part, this explains their questionable attitudes.
I think this could backfire on the Tories. All those thick tw@s who voted for them in the last GE will probably not get ID because they can't be arsed.

Yikes, even the yanks are calling her out and they lock kids in cages….

44e03838430bf949555c1e936ae05a98.jpg

Edit:

"Rwanda operated a system including harsh and life-threatening prison conditions, arbitrary detention, serious restrictions on free speech including the imprisonment of journalists, and no effective system of collective bargaining."

Is this a copy of the Tory manifesto?

Fair point re the council elections. Hadn't considered that. I guess it will also help councils to improve systems supporting the change in requirements prior to the GE.

My hope is that Labour and the Lib Dems reduce the voting age. Thus reducing, not eliminating, the influence of the vote of the elderly. For too long parties have pandered, in terms of policy, to the elderly at the expense of the young. Caveat: I do not think all elderly UK citizens have had an easy time of it. Fair from it.

Something I've not seen a comment on, and therefore don't know if it happened, but did Braverman go to the any of the Genocide memorials or the Genocide Museum while there?

I could understand the latter - it needs longer and is grim - but I'd expect a senior dignitary to go to one of the memorials.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.