Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

Fair point re the council elections. Hadn't considered that. I guess it will also help councils to improve systems supporting the change in requirements prior to the GE.

My hope is that Labour and the Lib Dems reduce the voting age. Thus reducing, not eliminating, the influence of the vote of the elderly. For too long parties have pandered, in terms of policy, to the elderly at the expense of the young. Caveat: I do not think all elderly UK citizens have had an easy time of it. Fair from it.

I think they fucked up - the voter suppression is undoubtedly aimed at a GE and I suspect there was a plan to get a GE in before the locals but as we know its all gone so swimmingly they couldn't manage it lol

Something I've not seen a comment on, and therefore don't know if it happened, but did Braverman go to the any of the Genocide memorials or the Genocide Museum while there?

I could understand the latter - it needs longer and is grim - but I'd expect a senior dignitary to go to one of the memorials.

That photo of her laughing like a drain - was that taken at the Genocide Memorial by any chance?

The full exchange - I mean just when you thought Patel was woeful they dredge up someone who is even more inadequate

So in the same breath as accusing the Shadow Home Secretary of making crass political points, she blames the “Labour Mayor of London” accusing him of being ultimately responsible when everyone knows that responsibility is equally shared with the Home Office. She is possibly the most objectionable, obnoxious and vile government minister and that’s quite an achievement when you look at the rest of them.

So in the same breath as accusing the Shadow Home Secretary of making crass political points, she blames the “Labour Mayor of London” accusing him of being ultimately responsible when everyone knows that responsibility is equally shared with the Home Office. She is possibly the most objectionable, obnoxious and vile government minister and that’s quite an achievement when you look at the rest of them.

Indeed she is.
Hey Siri, show me the personification of abhorrent troll.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.