Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

It's not: abuse does not know race. Unfortunately, we are living in times where the current government believe that they can make capital from racism, hinting at problems from Johnny Foreigner and his brown brothers. It feeds in to the prejudice within their core support and is deeply, deeply divisive and unhelpful. We all know why they are doing it, just like the endless cries of 'the boats, the boats', and I am pleased that more and more are calling it out. They have occupied the seat of power for thirteen years, so this myriad of problems that they are now identifying as desperately needing to solve, are largely on them.
I'm well aware of the depths the Tories will sink to but that wasn't the point. Complicated matters shouldn't be used as political point scoring.

Much of the discussion with the Rochdale case For instance was why the authorities ignored it for so long. This latest one may be completely different or again down to those paid to protect us being fucking useless. Who knows at this stage.

I'm well aware of the depths the Tories will sink to but that wasn't the point. Complicated matters shouldn't be used as political point scoring.

Much of the discussion with the Rochdale case For instance was why the authorities ignored it for so long. This latest one may be completely different or again down to those paid to protect us being fucking useless. Who knows at this stage.
I agree with you. Whenever cases like these emerge, there have been failings, both of and by parents, social care, policing, et al. I think it has been made clear that there were failings of police in Rotherham partly because of issues around race, and a reluctance to deal with the issue because of the political and social impact that could result. I don't think that would be a surprise to anyone. To try to make political capital from it though is dire and causes the kind of 'well what about this lot' responses we have seen. As you rightly say, these issues are complex.

I agree with you. Whenever cases like these emerge, there have been failings, both of and by parents, social care, policing, et al. I think it has been made clear that there were failings of police in Rotherham partly because of issues around race, and a reluctance to deal with the issue because of the political and social impact that could result. I don't think that would be a surprise to anyone. To try to make political capital from it though is dire and causes the kind of 'well what about this lot' responses we have seen. As you rightly say, these issues are complex.

There was also a disinclination to believe the victims in the Rochdale case, a tendency that cuts across race, ethnicity and class. The odds are already stacked against victims of sexual abuse. If you add in other factors as in Rochdale, or institutional power like the Catholic Church then the struggle for justice is a long and arduous one.

Difficult to imagine anything more grotesque than using the abuse of children for such purposes..... not helped by people turning a blind eye to shit like this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.