Suella Braverman - sacked as Home Secretary (p394)

As regards my belief that the Civil Service seem to be running the country and not the MPs elected to do so - well I get that from watching 'Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister'!
I get the same belief from being a Civil Servant and thank goodness we do, as I wouldn't trust the vast majority of our elected MP's to run the Tombola Stall at a church fete.

Drip, drip. Look up the Big Issue story on Cruella last week, add the Matt Dothan via the Tory supporting Times news outlet above and others and it’s obvious that the knives will remain sharpened.
A Cabinet Minister has said that her conduct with the information breach will not be investigated.
This is toxic to the Gvmt and she is toxic to the country.

Sunak cannot settle into his role until she goes. I see it as a win- win. She either gets booted again or persists in post and pisses more and more voters off.
Sunak has done a deal with a real live devil woman and hopefully reaps what he has sown.

Drip, drip. Look up the Big Issue story on Cruella last week, add the Matt Dothan via the Tory supporting Times news outlet above and others and it’s obvious that the knives will remain sharpened.
A Cabinet Minister has said that her conduct with the information breach will not be investigated.

Sunak cannot settle into his role until she goes. I see it as a win- win. She either gets booted again or persists in post and pisses more and more voters off.
Sunak has done a deal with a real live devil woman and hopefully reaps what he has sown.
Agree it’s win-win for opponents of this government. Those impacted by her appalling policies will continue to lose until she’s replaced by someone who actually wants to solve the problems rather than perpetuate them to fuel a culture war.

I suspect that there will be plenty in the Tory party who have a splendid set of knives, all sharpened, and ready to plunge, Brutus-like.

Thanks for drawing my attention to this.

There's a Triratna centre fairly near me, the one in London that she apparently goes to once a month.

It all depends on whether I am physically up to it (have a couple of chronic health issues that impair my mobility from time to time) but next week there is a meeting in the evening that I think is open to the public.

If I am up to going, when it gets to question time and if the opportunity arises, I intend to point out that Braverman is their most prominent member and that her Rwanda policy would appear to be incongruous with the foundational Triratna practice of metta-bhavana, which entails radiating feelings of loving-kindness to all living beings, as well as the core primary precept of Buddhism that requires both lay and monastic adherents to refrain from physically harming sentient beings.

I would then ask them to explain how a committed member can subscribe to such a morally repellent policy without risking expulsion from the community.

Used to teach Buddhism at A Level and have had a couple of pieces published in pop philosophy books on the faith, so any attempts at deflection or the invoking of esoteric aspects of Buddhist ethics won't work with me.

Fingers crossed I can make it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.