Summer 2023 outgoing

I'll really miss Bernardo. I think his attitude and work ethic on the pitch is nothing short of oustanding.
For me, yesterday was the last game for Gundo, but he's been magnificent and iconic during Pep's time here.
Time is right for Laporte and Mahrez to leave.

Having said that, i'm incredibly excited that Gvardiol is coming , really looking forward to the incomings for next season.

I'd make Gundogan and Bernardo 2 of the highest paid players in the team to convince them to stay!
I wouldn't. If they want to leave, let them go out with a bang. Fresh faces are needed to keep the hunger and hanging on to players for to long is never a good idea, don't wanna see them end up like Yaya's last season.

Surely Silva leaving opens the door for Mahrez to be a starter. Gundo can equally be replaced by Foden/ Alvarez.

Need to find a couple up coming talents now circa 10-20 M.

Mahrez statistically will be the most difficult to replace. 15 goals and 13 assists this season. 24 and 9 last.

hHowever, It will be difficult for Mahrez to turn the reported 100m a year tax free down in Saudi whilst leaving on a high at City.

33 next year and will probably feel his game time will become more and more reduced from here on in.

I am still hopeful Gundogan stays. I think he just wants a long contract and not a 1 year extension.

Bernardo definitely off I feel.

Rumours about Alvarez in Spain (colour me shocked). He has been quoted saying "I'll go on holidays and we'll see what happens next" when asked about his future. I highly doubt he goes, just signed an extension and he seems happy

Goes without saying but it'll be a critical summer.

The squad is already thin, especially in midfield, and there's a scenario where Laporte, Cancelo, Mahrez, Bernie, and Gundogan are off (personally I think at least 1 of Bernie/Gundo will stay). That's a lot to replace.

Fortunately the player sales from last year and the above will generate a lot of cash, can't wait to see who we bring in. Probably looking at 5-6 incomings + incorporating a few of the youngsters into the squad more (McAtee?)

Leaving or Left:
Cancelo
Laporte
Gomez
Mahrez
Gundogan
Silva.

In
Gvardiol
Kovacic
Slobozslai

Cancelo and Gomez don't need replacing in my opinion.

Lewis already took Cancelo's spot and Gvardiol can take both Laporte and Gomez's time.

Kovacic and Phillips back up the Rodri/Stones base.

Slobozslai starts at RW

Starting 11 next season

............Ederson (Ortega)
Walker (Akanji)....Dias (Akanji)....Gvardiol (AKe)

,.....,..Stones (Perrone)... Rodri (Phillips)

Slobozslai(Palmer)..........................Jack ( ???)

........Kevin(Alvarez).....Foden ( Kovacic)

.................Halaand( Alvarez)

Other subs

Carson
Lewis

Huge task to replace that lot. Gvardiol and kovatic is a start. At least two big, BIG signings needed though
I agree. If Bernardo, Gundogan and Mahrez are going we need to sign a couple of top quality players, a listers. You can’t win a treble, lose 3 of your best players and replace them with potential. We will never be in a better position financially or prestige wise to make waves in the transfer market than we are right now.

I think Gundo, Mahrez and Alvarez will go.

Bernando Will see it out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.