Summer 2023 outgoing

This is your first post on here, unbelievable.

He made 49 appearances for City last season and scored 17 goals, also signing a new contract into the bargain, the lad is going nowhere.
Especially when Kev is fucked for possible 12 weeks
Then he needs to train so long recovery for KDB

His days of training & playing at the rate Pep goes will be tough
This will be a major fact in both Gundo & Bernardos choices imo

They look fucked

Could be Stones fulltime in midfield if Gvardiol is signed leaving Alvarez to push on

I honestly believe he will push from within, Pep loves wingers, Palmer will need to play more & then maybe some winger out of the blue signing if Berny & Mahrez go

Gnabry, Diaby?

Last edited:
I know he had a poor season, but I reckon Pep could work wonders with Kulusevski if Spurs don’t take up their option to buy him

He probably wasnt as good as spurs were shite for the most part mate and the dressing room mood was no doubt not great?

I have no worries if Gundogan, Mahrez or Laporte left, as they will gradually start to fade now anyway. I am assuming Cancelo is also a gonner.
I would be a little disappointed if Bernado went, but I believe it's time for Grealish to use his strengths inside and for a Palmer to be given that slot on the left. Foden must now play inside, so we need a new pacey right winger and a replacement for Laporte.

Of course we will purchase more than that, and I would not be surprised if Pep was already planning another change of shape and new way of playing, with Txiki already knowing who is on Pep's list.

Perhaps even the potential for a system of 2 up top with a 1980's big and little of Haaland and Alverez being used. Now that would confuse the opposition!

Becoming scary

Bernie
Gundo
Mahrez
Laporte
Cancelo
then squad
Philips
Cole
Gomez not scary

Who replaces the top 3 while keeping the quality of squad we have
Tbf a similar scenario happened last summer.

Jesus, Sterling, Zinchenko, Fernandinho all left and there were rumours at one stage that Ake, Gundagon and Laporte were leaving too. In the end some stayed despite the rumours and we adequately replaced the rest and won the treble.

It's gonna be another interesting ride and I suspect we will see a fair bit of movement depending on who leaves. Pep won't want a smaller squad but I doubt he'll want one much bigger either. If he needs an emergency player to come in like Akanji, then he'll be backed. I have faith in the club to get it right once again.

I have no worries if Gundogan, Mahrez or Laporte left, as they will gradually start to fade now anyway. I am assuming Cancelo is also a gonner.
I would be a little disappointed if Bernado went, but I believe it's time for Grealish to use his strengths inside and for a Palmer to be given that slot on the left. Foden must now play inside, so we need a new pacey right winger and a replacement for Laporte.

Of course we will purchase more than that, and I would not be surprised if Pep was already planning another change of shape and new way of playing, with Txiki already knowing who is on Pep's list.

Perhaps even the potential for a system of 2 up top with a 1980's big and little of Haaland and Alverez being used. Now that would confuse the opposition!
i somehow see Palmer as our Asensio, mainly as a sub and maybe start some odd games.

little large.jpg

The beauty of what Pep has built this last season, is that we have the perfect defence and defensive midfield platform going forward, that should see us right for another 3/4 seasons (and upfront tbf, but not as stacked), this means Pep can perform major surgery if he chooses to do so.

Kev will die here. They're taking him out in a box, where as Gundy and Bernie have been run into the ground and deserve an easy life in one of the European farmers leagues.

So 2/3 suitable attacking midfielders that fit the system. Gvardiol - fair enough, Kovatic - decent short term signing that can cover for Bernie or Gundy, if needed. But we need a big game player who can replicate what we are going to loose in Kev. If it comes from club/academy - fine, but the transfer wizard needs to be focusing on that. I'm sure he knows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.