Summer 2023 outgoing

I have no worries if Gundogan, Mahrez or Laporte left, as they will gradually start to fade now anyway. I am assuming Cancelo is also a gonner.
I would be a little disappointed if Bernado went, but I believe it's time for Grealish to use his strengths inside and for a Palmer to be given that slot on the left. Foden must now play inside, so we need a new pacey right winger and a replacement for Laporte.

Of course we will purchase more than that, and I would not be surprised if Pep was already planning another change of shape and new way of playing, with Txiki already knowing who is on Pep's list.

Perhaps even the potential for a system of 2 up top with a 1980's big and little of Haaland and Alverez being used. Now that would confuse the opposition!

I like the idea of Grealish shifting to play in the left IH position. He is hardly an out and out winger anyway. The wide left options are awfully thin as it is. Depending on what formation Pep will play next season, with Foden being expected to play inside, the problem would become a bit more serious. The question is whether we should rely on Palmer to replace Grealish.

I think Phillips and Gomez should stay for another season, though I'm starting to think whether Gomez is actually needed now if Pep continues using this formation. Also would very very much like to keep Alvarez, the guy probably his amount of game time when he joined along with Haaland.

Would expect a hell of a lot of rotation next season since the schedule is ridiculous, so I expect the squad to be used more.

Laporte, Cancelo, Bernardo are goners. Gundogan, Phillips, Palmer, and Mahrez are maybes.

Leaves us with:

Ederson, Ortega

Walker, Lewis
Stones, Dias, Akanji, [new CB]
Ake, Gomez

Rodri, [new CM]
De Bruyne, Foden
[new CM], [new CM]

[new RW], [new RB]
Haaland, Alvarez
Grealish, Borges

I reckon they go from most likely to least likely to leave

Cancelo
Laporte
Gomez
Palmer
Mahrez
Bernardo
Phillips
Gundogan

Only really been linked with Kovacic and Gvaridol so far going to need another 4 on top of that imo

Could see Mahrez being tempted by that Saudi offer.

Cancelo, Laporte, Bernardo, Gomez and Mahrez could probably be 170-190m altogether.
Could be lots of CFG/Youth outgoings as well. Harwood-Bellis, T. Doyle, Lavia (sell-on), Breckin, Borges, Delap and JWE could probably be another 70-80m. Add Steffen, Yangel Herrera, Couto and Kabore and there could be another 30m. Would be fun if we could beat the dippers to the net spend trophy, could easily be looking at 200m in sales
dont know mate....we will never compete in that until that endless Coutinho money fountain runs dry...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.