Who’s gone in the summer?

Quite a few UK papers quoting that figure.
Right, well not really the best indicator is it. If he sells for that much then he sells for that much. Transfer fees are not the same otherwise we would be sat here wishing we bought Andy Carroll because he cost more than Aguero...

I mean in terms of the number of goals he’s likely to score. If he did go to a domestic rival he’d probably come back to haunt us at some stage.
But it wouldn't matter how many goals he scores for someone else if we don't play to his strengths and if he wants out as reported. We can't sign and keep every player just to stop them playing for a rival. Personally, I'd rather keep him but it's not going to reflect badly on the club in any way or manner if he does go.

But it wouldn't matter how many goals he scores for someone else if we don't play to his strengths and if he wants out as reported. We can't sign and keep every player just to stop them playing for a rival. Personally, I'd rather keep him but it's not going to reflect badly on the club in any way or manner if he does go.
But him scoring goals for fun might make us look a bit silly, as I said in my original post, I didn’t mention the fee and I know we can’t buy/keep everyone. I know it doesn’t reflect badly on the club but the media would use it as a stick to beat us with, for those who care about that sort of thing. If he leaves, I reckon he’ll go down as one of Pep’s biggest disappointments; I don’t think he’s improved greatly on the player we signed.

I hope Pep/txiki is serious abut that they can let Laporte, Jesus, Bernardo but they and especially their agents have to bring in suitable offers.

Now only thing I hope suitable offers does not mean the usual soft shit selling fees but we make it a high price so we either benefit from selling them financially or they are forced to stay as we kind of need them especially Laporte and Jesus as a sub too. i am ok with deals like loan+obligated to buy at a higher price next summer than smaller fee received this summer.

i wouldnt just go this time to be nice ince to buyer clubs as same clubs would fuck us over without hesitation for the price if its the other way around.

Same with Bernardo, stump up 60m for him or fuck off. he is a great player, you see mediocre player chaging clubs these days for 35-40m quite often. Bernardo for 40m or less could be the deal of the summer apart from the Donnarumma,Messi for free to PSG.

If the plan is sell Laporte for a shit 35-40m fee with his prime years coming up as a CB and use Sandler as 4th choice i will be very unimpressed with that and makes us deffo weaker in the defence department and the price we get is just not serious compared to how good player he is in today market.
look at what happened with Liverpool defence last year if they had a Laporte coming in for Van Dijk their season might not go down the toilet.

We spent 60m on Laporte and he is not a worse player when he came, he had some shit injuries and was rotated only due to Stones rebirth but for Spain now he is pretty much number 1 CB for years to come and had a pretty solid Euros too.
Bbut Barca is financially fucked, Real imo is planning with Militao+Alaba CB duo, so where the hell Laporte would really go? Italians couldnt even offer 30m at this point which would be laughable.
if Atletico has any money hope they spend it on Bernardo, they wont have enough for both.

Pep has made it very clear, he is not one to massage egos and he certainly isnt going to keep people here who dont want to be. He has no time for "unhappy faces" and he certainly won't have Laporte, Bernardo and Jesus around for the sake of it.

All 3 will be gone by the end of the window, we have replaced Bernardo, Kane replaces Jesus and we already have 3 CB's and Fernandinho and maybe even Sandler.

Pep has made it very clear, he is not one to massage egos and he certainly isnt going to keep people here who dont want to be. He has no time for "unhappy faces" and he certainly won't have Laporte, Bernardo and Jesus around for the sake of it.

All 3 will be gone by the end of the window, we have replaced Bernardo, Kane replaces Jesus and we already have 3 CB's and Fernandinho and maybe even Sandler.
Not sure we have replaced Bernardo

Really hope we hold out for a great fee on Bernardo. Let buyers know they cannot mug us off. stop with the "being nice to accomodate leaving players"...

If we would be after Bernardo lets say as he would like a change of scenery at Atletico after similar seasons he had with us, do you think 40m offer would not be laughed off from us.

would hope 60-70m, not 30/40...
or at least closer to 60 than 50m.
Bit of a buyers market currently though.
Pandemic has left very few clubs able to afford the fees we'd realistically expect for the players who, allegedly, want to leave.
Until we splashed 100m on Grealish I actually hoped football might come to its senses

I hope Pep/txiki is serious abut that they can let Laporte, Jesus, Bernardo but they and especially their agents have to bring in suitable offers.

Now only thing I hope suitable offers does not mean the usual soft shit selling fees but we make it a high price so we either benefit from selling them financially or they are forced to stay as we kind of need them especially Laporte and Jesus as a sub too. i am ok with deals like loan+obligated to buy at a higher price next summer than smaller fee received this summer.

i wouldnt just go this time to be nice ince to buyer clubs as same clubs would fuck us over without hesitation for the price if its the other way around.

Same with Bernardo, stump up 60m for him or fuck off. he is a great player, you see mediocre player chaging clubs these days for 35-40m quite often. Bernardo for 40m or less could be the deal of the summer apart from the Donnarumma,Messi for free to PSG.

If the plan is sell Laporte for a shit 35-40m fee with his prime years coming up as a CB and use Sandler as 4th choice i will be very unimpressed with that and makes us deffo weaker in the defence department and the price we get is just not serious compared to how good player he is in today market.
look at what happened with Liverpool defence last year if they had a Laporte coming in for Van Dijk their season might not go down the toilet.

We spent 60m on Laporte and he is not a worse player when he came, he had some shit injuries and was rotated only due to Stones rebirth but for Spain now he is pretty much number 1 CB for years to come and had a pretty solid Euros too.
Bbut Barca is financially fucked, Real imo is planning with Militao+Alaba CB duo, so where the hell Laporte would really go? Italians couldnt even offer 30m at this point which would be laughable.
if Atletico has any money hope they spend it on Bernardo, they wont have enough for both.
So he stays

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.