Summer Sales 2015

So far we know that all of Martin, milner and frank are out of contract, only frank is certain to leave but I think all 3 will. I think Dzeko, Jovetic, Kolarov and yaya will also leave. jovetic for me offers nothing to the team and the other 3 are at a point where the price will be highest so time to cash in and freshen up the squad. The likes of Negrado, sinclair, Nastasic, Richards and Guidetti will be off the books and money recouped but that won't affect the squad anyway.
This leaves us needing a minimum of 6-7 players Lb, Cb, 2xCm's, Lw, St and poss a verstille forward and 2 of those would have to be home grown.
I don't think the likes of willy, fernando, Fernandinho, Boyata, Sagna or Navas will leave this summer as that would be too much all at once and prob saved for the following summer.

City have stated they want to have 2 players for every position, which you can see here when you replace Negredo with Bony and Nastasic with Boyata.
city-squad.jpg

Even without counting Nastasic as part of the 2 players for every position ideal, you are talking about replacing 9 of City's best 22 players. That is a lot of turnover in 1 summer

Sitka said:
City have stated they want to have 2 players for every position, which you can see here when you replace Negredo with Bony and Nastasic with Boyata.
city-squad.jpg

Even without counting Nastasic as part of the 2 players for every position ideal, you are talking about replacing 9 of City's best 22 players. That is a lot of turnover in 1 summer

oh my, I remember when that pic circulated the web in the summer, everybody on here felt invincible.

Really just tells you that a really expencive reserve squad only gets you so far. Really hope we go for quality over quantity in the summer and add some world class players

SergioInAddedTime said:
Sitka said:
city-squad.jpg

oh my, I remember when that pic circulated the web in the summer, everybody on here felt invincible.

Really just tells you that a really expencive reserve squad only gets you so far. Really hope we go for quality over quantity in the summer and add some world class players

I dont think there will be a mass clearout but if I was manager I would certainly get rid of

WILLY
KOLAROV
MDM
BOYATA
NAVAS
FERNANDO
JOVETIC
DZEKO

I would hope to keep Milner .....

Daz_Blue said:
I dont think there will be a mass clearout but if I was manager I would certainly get rid of

WILLY
KOLAROV
MDM
BOYATA
NAVAS
FERNANDO
JOVETIC
DZEKO

I would hope to keep Milner .....

Can't see Willy or Fernando being sold as they have only been here a year. Don't think Navas will be sold as he is one of the only players that gives City real width. Boyata is club trained and therefore not going to be sold.

I could see Kolarov, Jovetic, and Dzeko all being sold, which would open spots for non home grown LB, LW, and Striker

Azul Luna said:
Give Fernando another another 12 months.
How many times have we seen a player be shit and then settle in and turn good?

I don't think settling is the issues, I think his lack of ability is the issue. He's shit!

He only cost 12 mil so I imagine his wages won't be too high so I'd sell others before him

Dzecko, Kolarov, Jovetic, probably Sagna(not worked out for whatever reason), and Big Willy

Get Lopes and Deneyar back and playing a few games. Also get Pozo playing a bit more. We need a younger, quicker and settled team. Not a load of expensive subs. The theory is great but in reality it doesn't create competition at all, all it does prompt the manager to give players game time and drop other for the sake of it - see starting 11 V Chelsea then Hull

Edin @ £ 20m
Kolarov @ £ 10m
Jovetic @ £ 18m
Yaya @ £ 20m (only time to cash in now)
Navas @ £ 10m
Fernando @ £ 10m
Guidetti @ £ 3m
Sinclair @ £ 3m

Over £90m in sales there.

ins:

Reus @ £25m
Kurzawa @ £ 15m
Lacazetta @ £ 30m
Pogba @ £ 65m
Pepe or miranda @ £ 15m
de bruyne @ £ 30m
Schneiderlin @ £ 30m

Nett spend £110m but i do think it is required this summer!!! Plus wages saved on yaya, lampard, milner and mdm then we would be set for a real go in all competitions

SergioInAddedTime said:
Sitka said:
city-squad.jpg

Not everybody.

much better to keep a stable squad imo,

Out:
Jovetic - 15m, unhappy and injury prone
Lampard - Free
Guidetti - Free, he won't renew contract
Wright - Free, can promote lawlor to 3rd choice keeper
Fernando - 10m (unlikely though as only been here 1 season), doesn't provide enough protection to back 4 and gives nothing going forward
Boyata - 5m, will never be good enough to start regularly
Sinclair - 3m, why did we buy him????

In:
Pogba - 65m, long term yaya replacement, in games against weaker teams can play alongside yaya and in harder matches can play in a midfield 3
Ings - Free, young striker who has experience scoring goals in premier league, free and home grown. whats not to like
Schneiderlin - 25m (only if fernando goes) top quality defensive midfielder with premier league experience

Youth players back from loan who can join first team squad:
Denayer, called up for Belgium senior squad, impresses in europa league aswell as scottish PL
Lopes, done well at Lille when hes not been injured, impressed every time ive watched him
Rekik, when he played for City i was disappointed but very good for PSV

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.