Summer Sales 2015

Dzeko 25
Jovetic 25
Nasri 25
Yaya 20/25
Kolarov 12

That's over 100 million alone. We can spend that on two midfielders, personally id go all out for Pogba and either Koke or Schneirdelin. Then raise up cash elsewhere to fund Bale and a top striker. If this window goes to plan we'll be back and shove a bit fat dick up everyone's arse.

Armaan said:
Dzeko 25
Jovetic 25
Nasri 25
Yaya 20/25
Kolarov 12

That's over 100 million alone. We can spend that on two midfielders, personally id go all out for Pogba and either Koke or Schneirdelin. Then raise up cash elsewhere to fund Bale and a top striker. If this window goes to plan we'll be back and shove a bit fat dick up everyone's arse.

I know people have this argument on here quite often but I just don't think we will get very much for Yaya. I think we would have got that figure last summer but a year older, the legs looking every bit a year more gone, the form dipped hugely and the wages still enormous. I think we will get about 10m 15m at a push. Think some of your other figures are a bit ambitious too tbh.

From our current first team squad:

Kolarov - £7m
Yaya - £12m
Jovetic - £12m
Fernando - £8m
Dzeko - £14m

I would only sell Navas and Nasri if we received relatively generous offers for both.

Dr Jacoby said:

Kolarov - £7m
Yaya - £12m
Jovetic - £12m
Fernando - £8m
Dzeko - £14m

I would only sell Navas and Nasri if we received relatively generous offers for both.

14m for Dzeko,u gotta be joking,he is worth half that at most,nobody will want to take a punt with him unless some silly Italians like Fiorentina/ Lazio maybe are interested

None in the prem will be anyway not even championship,he's that bad

New manager comes in might have a completely different take on players.

For example. Ancelotti probably would rate Edin and Jovetic. Edin because he looks an identikit Milan striker and Jojo because he has a good reputation in Italy.

The one thing that has become abundantly clear over the past few months is that City's current squad has begun to stagnate, what's needed is an influx of younger, hungry players, with more dynamism about them, greater pace, and a higher work rate/energy levels. The rumours seem to be that City will have a pretty decent "war chest" (Christ I hate that term) to spend this summer, what's required is to attract/target the right types of players.

What we need to do therefore is find some space in our existing squad for some new faces, we've got a squad with a relatively high average age, so we'd probably be best targeting those in or around the 30 years of age bracket, with the odd exception.

Samir Nasri - He's a good player, but recently he's been below the standards you'd expect of him. There are better, younger options out there so, for me, this summer would be an ideal time to look for a suitor and sell him on. He'll still have a decent amount of residual value to him so we'd claw back a good sum too.

Alexandar Kolarov - He had a good season last time around, which promopted a new contract. This year he's lost his spot to Clichy and has reverted to his pre-2014 form. He'll be 30 before Christmas so is entering the final stages of his career, a younger option (potentially Angelino from the youth squad, but more likely a foregin purchase) would be welcome here.

Fernando - Yes he's only been here for 1 season, but there seems to be very little difference between him and Javi Garcia if you ask me. He looks to be struggling with the pace of the Premier League, and his particular set of skills (defensive spoiler with limited creative abilities) simply doesn't suit the responsibilities we are asking him to undertake.

Edin Dzeko - Like Kolarov his form last year prompted a new contract, like Kolarov he's disappointed this term. Dzeko minus goals equals a forward far from good enough for City. Dzeko plus goals equals a forward City can find a use for. He's just turned 29 so, again, hedaind towards the end of his career, and there are more dynamic strikers out there, and there are certainly better technical footballers.

Stevan Jovetic - Still pretty young, but his time at City has been blighted by injuries, and poor form. Being left out of the Champion's League squad was the nail in his coffin, he'll probably be as happy to leave as City will be to sell. It just hasn't worked for Jovetic but, because of his age, we'll probably get a decent sum for him still.

Bacary Sagna - We'll likely keep him for another year but, for me, we need someone younger, not older, than Zabaleta, to form a platoon at right back. Zabaleta has been overplayed the last 3 or 4 seasons and it's now catching up with him, he'll need a more prolonged rest next season, maybe even sharing the playing time 50/50, I don't really want Sagna as our right back for half a season.

Yaya Toure - He'll be 32 before the season ends and, unless we plan to play him more exclusively in a forward midfield role, he's someone I'd look to move on. He'll still command a hefty price at this stage, despite an "off year", and we can look for someone with more "legs" in the centre of the park.

Jesus Navas - Simply put, he doesn't do enough top warrent the playing time. He doesn't score enough goals, and despite his pace, he doesn't get past the full back often enough and, when he does, his delivery isn't adequate enough.

I think kolarov, yaya, Lampard, Milner, Nasri, jovetic and Dzeko will definitely leave from the first team squad with Nastasic, Negrado, Guidetti, sinclair, Richards all officially leaving and freeing up wages.
For me Rony Lopes should take Nasri's place in the squad and be silva's understudy.

meeesh said:
Dr Jacoby said:

Kolarov - £7m
Yaya - £12m
Jovetic - £12m
Fernando - £8m
Dzeko - £14m

14m for Dzeko,u gotta be joking,he is worth half that at most,nobody will want to take a punt with him unless some silly Italians like Fiorentina/ Lazio maybe are interested

None in the prem will be anyway not even championship,he's that bad

What an absolute dick!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.