Summer Sales 2015

Glad all the Balkans are in that list. All of them are equally bad and equally annoying.

sam-caddick said:
City Watch @City_Watch · 10s 11 seconds ago
Telegraph: Yaya, Milner, Nasri, Dzeko, Kolarov, Boyata and Jovetic could all be playing for elsewhere next season as part of an overhaul.

Won't be sad if that happens.

I think we need a massive shake up for next season, we have about 4 or 5 world class players and the rest are not up to scratch IMO.

GK-Hart
RB- Zabaleta
LB- Ricardo Rodriguez (someone good defensively and offensively)
CB- Kompany
CB- Godin (possibly) I would promote Denayer and would not give Mangala another chance. The man has no football brain whatsoever.
DMC- Schneiderlin (gives a side a great balance defensively and offensively)
CM- Pogba (hopefully) Get rid of Yaya, his time has come.
CM- Koke (The man is an absolute engine, he is what we need, someone who can run the hard yards)
LW- Bale/Sterling/Reus (we have to aim for the best homegrown talents)
RW- Silva/De Bruyne (Free Role)
ST- Aguero

I would get rid of Dzeko and Jovetic and bring in someone like Lacazette, who can play on the last shoulder with plenty of pace. If we are looking to sell Yaya to Inter, i would think about trying to get Kovacic on the cheap, the kid could be an absolute megastar, all the makings of a potential world class talent.

To clarify who i would sell:

Dzeko
Clichy
Jovetic
Yaya
Mangala
Fernando
Sagna
Nasri

Time for a change and time to mix things up, the one thing our side lacks is pace on the counter attack. I personally feel that if we had raw pace on the counter, we would be a massive threat in Europe. Would also promote Lopes, Angelino for a few games and Brandon Barker when the time is right. Offer us different kind of options and for me could be good enough to make the grade. Would possibly think about bringing Karim Rekik back too as a squad player.

I would love Diego Simeone as manager as well. He gets the balance between defence and attack to absolute perfection.

mcfcstu said:
Cannot for the life of me understand why we spend 6 million on a foreign reserve keeper who in reality is only going to get 6-10 games a season. surely we would be better off getting a cheap english understudy to Joe to help the homegrown quota and use our extra foreign placement to better effect.

It's a good question

This summer, we need a whopping clear out, and we need a focus on young talent as well as not overloading players we don't necessarily need. I'd start of by selling the likes of Boyata, Sagna, Kolarov, Fernando, Yaya, Dzeko and Jovetic. With Negredo and Lampard set to leave (and unfortunately Richards as well) and possibly Richard Wright, we need a focus on homegrown players that can be potential replacements. Before I mention any names, I wish to add that i Believe Viera should get a say in all transfer dealings as he is set to be a future manager of the club, he should get an opinion on some of the transfers.

To replace Wright, I reckon we should promote Angus Gunn, amazing English talent, will fit in perfectly fine. In defence, with Zabaleta, Kompany, Rekik, Demichelis, Denayer, Mangala and Clichy still to be rostered on. We should give games to Rekik and Denayer and sign a left back to replace Kolarov, possibly Kurzawa, and in time, bring in Angelino to replace Clichy, a homegrown player for a homegrown player.

Midfield we need the biggest transfers as we need to be able to adapt the different formations while having a solid, yet techinical midfield. We should continue to keep Zuculini, Fernandiniho, Milner (MUST), Nasri, Navas and Silva. Nasri I could see leaving the club as well as Navas but we would need viable replacements which would be costly. In holding midfield we need either Pogba, or possibly last option Witsel from Zenit, a big midfielder that can tackle and hold up play, and can play as a CDM in a three or five man midfield. Walcott I believe would be a good buy as he can put pace on the right wing as a homegrown replacement for Navas and can actually strike a ball. Sterling will cost too much for City so I dont think he should be a target. De Bruyne, Barkley are other options for central midfield just to solidify it while replacing Fernando and Yaya and Nasri.

Up front along with Aguero and Bony, we should target a striking replacement for Dzeko, preferabbly younger and possibly play in the same generation as Hiwula and Cole. Lacazette is possibly an option along with possibly Breel Donald Embolo or Anothony Martial from Monaco. Both extreme talents that will progress into stars. Soin general;
SELL/RELEASE:
Wright, Boyata, Clichy (One/two more seasons), Sagna, Demichelies (One more season), Kolarov, Fernando, Lampard, Nasri, Navas, Sinclair, Yaya, Dzeko, Guidetti, Jovetic

BUY/PROMOTE:
Danilo (RB), Gunn (GK), Kurzawa (LB), Angelino (LB), Pogba, Witsel, De Bruyne/Barkley, Wallcott, Lacazette, Embolo/Martial

Our potential squad 2015/16:
Hart (GK)*
Caballero (GK)
Gunn (GK)*^
Zabaleta
Danilo
Kompany
Mangala
Demichelis
Rekik*
Denayer*^
Clichy*
Kurzawa
Fernandiniho
Pogba*
Witsel
Zuculini
Milner*
Silva
Walcott*
De Bruyne/Barkley*
Aguero
Bony
Lacazette
Martial^/Embolo^
KEY: * = HOMEGROWN
^= UNDER 21 (Does not comply with the 25 Man squad
With this squad, we would be within out 25 Man Limit and also have more players that qualify to the Homegrown Quota, therefore, giving us more room to promote more players as well as have a significantly younger squad (average) as well as more room to tinker with the team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.