Summer Transfers

We're going to see a lot of players linked and a ton of rumors these next few weeks. A lot of teams are hunting bargains. So there will be a lot of smoke screens and agents drumming up interest for their clients. Fun transfer window ahead for a lot of teams.

Just much better at negotiations. Chelsea sold Morata for almost 60m after flopping (and a 6m loan fee), a 65yo Matic for 40m, 52m for Oscar and close to 30m just in loan fees over the past 3 years. Liverpool sold Benteke for 27m, 15m for Ibe, 26m for Sakho, and 20m for Dominic Fucking Solanke who wouldn’t get a game for our womens U16s
I know it seems like this, but we employ some of the best in the business, I just don't see why they wouldn't be any good at negotiations. If they wre, surely they would either be replaced, or at least have this part of the job taken off them and someone else given resposibility. My question is why after years of fans saying we are no good at selling has nothing changed, or are we just not seeing the bigger picture.
This is genuine, not being awkward because I get the same impresssion.

Just United trying to get Inter to put up the money. Imagine if they sold him to us and he scored 20 goals. They'd never take that risk.

And that's before trying to work out why we'd want a player thats 32 in december and hasn't really played well for 2 years now.

He's been Inters best player since the restart

I know it seems like this, but we employ some of the best in the business, I just don't see why they wouldn't be any good at negotiations. If they wre, surely they would either be replaced, or at least have this part of the job taken off them and someone else given resposibility. My question is why after years of fans saying we are no good at selling has nothing changed, or are we just not seeing the bigger picture.
This is genuine, not being awkward because I get the same impresssion.
From my perspective, realistically what players have we had that we wanted to sell that have been that desirable?

Morata, proven CL striker. Ok he flopped in the prem but Atletico are very weird with transfers anyway.
Oscar, went to China. Nuff said.
Matic, Mourinho was desperate and Chelsea knew how much he wanted him.

Benteke, Palace desperate and blinded by previous goals.
Ibe, young talent and again Bournmouth blinded by him playing for the dippers. Solanke the same.

Looking at the players we have sold recently, Sane and Tevez in the last 10 years have been the only ones who I have actually been bothered about.

Some of the biggest out goings;
Danilo, made our money back and got Cancelo in for 25m. Not a bad deal all round.
Douglas Luiz, 15m for an unproven player, secured a 25m buy back which looks great value now.
Delph, 3 years of good service and sold for the same price we bought him for.
Brahim, 15m for a player not cut out for the prem and done nothing at Real.
Gunn, 12m for again a decent keeper but is now sat on the bench.
Ihenacho, 25m, good business considering what he has done since.
Unal, 12m again for a good player but hes not tearing it up anywhere and I don't think his current club will make a profit.
Bony, 12m, roughly 50% loss but huge wages, injury problems and age. We hardly had teams knocking the door down to get him.

By and large Txiki has done well to get rid of most of the players he has, he has especially used his links in Spain to get us good fees for players.

From my perspective, realistically what players have we had that we wanted to sell that have been that desirable?

Morata, proven CL striker. Ok he flopped in the prem but Atletico are very weird with transfers anyway.
Oscar, went to China. Nuff said.
Matic, Mourinho was desperate and Chelsea knew how much he wanted him.

Benteke, Palace desperate and blinded by previous goals.
Ibe, young talent and again Bournmouth blinded by him playing for the dippers. Solanke the same.

Looking at the players we have sold recently, Sane and Tevez in the last 10 years have been the only ones who I have actually been bothered about.

Some of the biggest out goings;
Danilo, made our money back and got Cancelo in for 25m. Not a bad deal all round.
Douglas Luiz, 15m for an unproven player, secured a 25m buy back which looks great value now.
Delph, 3 years of good service and sold for the same price we bought him for.
Brahim, 15m for a player not cut out for the prem and done nothing at Real.
Gunn, 12m for again a decent keeper but is now sat on the bench.
Ihenacho, 25m, good business considering what he has done since.
Unal, 12m again for a good player but hes not tearing it up anywhere and I don't think his current club will make a profit.
Bony, 12m, roughly 50% loss but huge wages, injury problems and age. We hardly had teams knocking the door down to get him.

By and large Txiki has done well to get rid of most of the players he has, he has especially used his links in Spain to get us good fees for players.
Reading that and thinking about buy backs /sell ons you make a good point.Think the chelsea reputation comes from mainly the Luiz and Oscar sales.Liverpool Benteke Ibe. AS you say the only first team players we've really sold are Sane, Tevez, Dzeko. Stones will be an interesting one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.