Summer Transfers

Do we really Need him tho?
He‘s a better CB than LB and plays on the same side as Laporte. The last time he was an worldclass LB was when Ribery was there especially in his prime. Since then imo Alaba has definitely dropped in quality as a LB. I‘d rather sign a right footed CB.
It really depends on what you are asking him to do in the system. Why did we win games when Delph/Zinch was in the team? Them being able to be the left sided holding midfielder in the final 3rd instead of a flying wingback that just puts in crosses. Alaba can hold and feed the ball into the frontline players and still defend better when team when teams counter. I think Alaba would give you lots of tactical options. 3 at the back or psudo 3 at the back like how Walker played in some games. Back up or rotate with Laporte as well.

Surely it would mean both Angelino and Zinchenko moving on though, not sure Zinchenko would play much and he’s good enough to be a regular in midfield in many teams and should move on.
Definitely. I think Angelino will stay at RB on loan again with his future fee moved to next summer to allow RB to sort out finances. Zinchenko has barely played this year, I dont know where a bid will come from for him.

a centre half is an absolute priority

no way we can keep expecting to win things playing ottomendi

Left back for me is second priority - I jut dont rate Mendy at all

third - an attacking player to replace Sane. - unlikely and we will have a square peg ina round hole for another year.

Problem is, Semedo is terrible. He has been underwhelming for Barca, well thats why they want rid. Plus Semedo and Cancelo pure swap is not good. Barca should pay us money on top cos in the right environment, Cancelo is much better than Semedo.

Getting fucked over by G14 club would be disgusting too. (barca one of the clubs putting pressure on uefa)

a centre half is an absolute priority

no way we can keep expecting to win things playing ottomendi

Left back for me is second priority - I jut dont rate Mendy at all

third - an attacking player to replace Sane. - unlikely and we will have a square peg ina round hole for another year.

Last year i said we need a back up for Sane and everyone started talking about who could play there,obviously i did not know the injury was around the corner and hopefully Braaf can do the back up this year but we do need a left winger, i would buy Rodon to replace Otamendi better all round association trained, cheap price, cheaper wages and will not get upset at being behind Laporte,
Mendi is not going anywhere, we could not sell him, but the other two will go as we need the places for a proper LB/LWB.
This season we need an Aguero back up and that is not Jesus as he will be first choice, i have said before i would go for Isak`s as he is nothing like these two,

That's true but don't forget that Hernandez and Sule were injured for long period and Bayern might be interested signing another CB like Upamecano.Will he then be a starter player? Im not sure.

Yes, I am sure about that. You have to see what Flick did to Bayern's system to understand that. What Bayern missed with Kovac was a working spine of players that played centrally on the pitch and that really take responsibility. With Neuer - Alaba - the midfield with Kimmich, Thiago and Müller - and Lewy - they really have that now. All players playing since Peptime - knowing each other very well. Hernandez has very good defender abilities - but not the build up abilities that Alaba has (and some things he cannot have like the standing in the team, the knowledge of the system and the language and command) - and two left feets (?) in inner defense does not work as left feets usually have their right foot only for standing... Süle will complement very well when he comes back because of his header qualities etc. - but despite Kovac wish to make him "commander in defense" he until now is not.

No - there really is no doubt. He actually already played this role in 15/16 with Pep.

Signing another CB is not a question at Bayern right now. Upemecano is on the Bayern list - but not for this but for next season. Upemecano is (especially when you listened to his agent on Sunday in German TV) extending his contract for another year - Bayern and other clubs that he is interested into transferring to aren't paying that 60 mio. EUR for a defender this season and giving him the contract he wants. Bayern is looking for a right back as supplement. They are satisfied with Pavard's performances - even if some fans underrate the role that he plays as he plays more defensive than the left fullback - but he gives a very good shield to Gnabry and Müller and the defensive midfielder.

What is your gut feeling will happen? Is he holding out for a move to Spain? If Barca and Madrid don't come calling will he be willing to reunite with Pep?

When you look at him on the pitch and in training (he is a very communicative type and in the center of everything) he looks like he is more than satisfied in the surrounding. And the role as boss of the defense is something he seems to like as an upgrade to just a team role. Yes, he always wanted to play midfield... - but that is actually nothing other top teams would offer him either. City right now does not play Champions League in the next two season - something that is important to players that usually play it. I am not 100% sure - but I think right now it is a story about money and "appreciation" - not really the desire for new things. With Corona influencing the transfer market this season I somehow doubt that offers in the range he would like them really will fly in in bundles.

Last edited:
Yes, I am sure about that. You have to see what Flick did to Bayern's system to understand that. What Bayern missed with Kovac was a working spine of players that played centrally on the pitch and that really take responsibility. With Neuer - Alaba - the midfield with Kimmich, Thiago and Müller - and Lewy - they really have that now. All players playing since Peptime - knowing each other very well. Hernandez has very good defender abilities - but not the build up abilities that Alaba has (and some things he cannot have like the standing in the team, the knowledge of the system and the language and command) - and two left feets (?) in inner defense does not work as left feets usually have their right foot only for standing... Süle will complement very well when he comes back because of his header qualities etc. - but despite Kovac wish to make him "commander in defense" he until now is not.

No - there really is no doubt. He actually already played this role in 15/16 with Pep.

Signing another CB is not a question at Bayern right now. Upemecano is on the Bayern list - but not for this but for next season. Upemecano is (especially when you listened to his agent on Sunday in German TV) extending his contract for another year - Bayern and other clubs that he is interested into transferring to aren't paying that 60 mio. EUR for a defender this season and giving him the contract he wants. Bayern is looking for a right back as supplement. They are satisfied with Pavard's performances - even if some fans underrate the role that he plays as he plays more defensive than the left fullback - but he gives a very good shield to Gnabry and Müller and the defensive midfielder.

When you look at him on the pitch and in training (he is a very communicative type and in the center of everything) he looks like he is more than satisfied in the surrounding. And the role as boss of the defense is something he seems to like as an upgrade to just a team role. Yes, he always wanted to play midfield... - but that is actually nothing other top teams would offer him either. City right now does not play Champions League in the next two season - something that is important to players that usually play it. I am not 100% sure - but I think right now it is a story about money and "appreciation" - not really the desire for new things. With Corona influencing the transfer market this season I somehow doubt that offers in the range he would like them really will fly in in bundles.

Upamecano has a year left on his contract why would he sign a new 1 year contract if he wanted to move to Bayern next season ? the press is reporting his agents reaction to Arsenal trying to buy him on the cheap as ` Dayot Upamecano's agent Volker Struth believes it is highly unlikely the defender will move to Arsenal this summer, despite RB Leipzig having made clear that the Bundesliga club will not allow any of their high-value players to run down their contracts and leave on a free.`What happens when City offer more than Bayern + Angelino?

I don't believe large transfers will take place this summer," Struth told German TV channel Sport 1.

"And I think Upamecano is a player who will demand a large fee.

Upamecano and Telles would be huge improvements on our squad and can be the difference between a league title or second place. If we have money over after sales we should try and get Aouar, a backup left footed CB and a Sané replacement

I'd say there is zero chance of this happening, certainly not this summer as he's about to sign a new 5 year contract. He is the sort of player Pep would love, crafty player, really talented although I don't know if he's warranted this sort of attention yet (if this story is true, and there's a good chance it's bollocks).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.