Summer Transfers

The situation of the Club is different from back then. We are no longer a club on the rise. We have dominated domestically for the past 2 years, and we are constantly one of the favorites for the CL and even this season is our best chance to win it yet.

If you choose to believe me about our transfer plan this summer, then we are adding a handful of Young forwards with high potential to the first team, with possibly even more being added in summer 2021.

So once again what should/would he want do?
I get what you’re saying but who’s to say Real Madrid will be interested? I thought they wanted Mbappe and Haaland? They’re not going to sign Sterling as well, if no ones interested he’s not just going to get up and leave he will still be the best winger at the club even with this new talent that’s supposed to be on the way

I get what you’re saying but who’s to say Real Madrid will be interested? I thought they wanted Mbappe and Haaland? They’re not going to sign Sterling as well, if no ones interested he’s not just going to get up and leave he will still be the best winger at the club even with this new talent that’s supposed to be on the way
The rumour about Sterling planning a Madrid move in 2021 has been floating around for a while (I don't know the exact source). Believable or not, it's not Ezzy's invention.

The rumour about Sterling planning a Madrid move in 2021 has been floating around for a while (I don't know the exact source). Believable or not, it's not Ezzy's invention.

I don't remember any source linking Sterling to Madrid !

He only had an interview with Spanish newspaper when he said the following

He told AS: “No one knows what the future will hold. I am a player and I am always open to challenges but right now my challenge is at Manchester City.

“In the future, hopefully, who knows…”

26/27 years old, will have been at City 6 years and will be approaching his best years - much like Hazard and Chelsea there is literally zero logic with Sterling leaving next summer. You're looking at replacing a homegrown star who can offer up to 40 G&A a season. There is no reason for City to sell before 23/24 if he signs another extension, which considering how much City will certainly offer him in wages, he'll sign.
we have dominated domestically these past seasons. With only the CL trophy missing, He is on the Verge of Winning every competition he's competed in.
Sterling is an extremely ambitious player, he left Liverpool for that very reason.

We signed Mahrez at 27.5. Needing a year or so to adapt to the new team, he said he regretted not moving sooner.

Hazard Moved at 28.5. he let himself down with his pre season fitness, but due to his age he has no more room for errors, if he does not want to become an expensive waste of money.

From the Madrid side, I only know of the Rumors that that came about towards the end of last summer.
Then at the beginning of Season, the Athletic was reporting that his agent was having discussions and that 'just talks were going on right now, but he wanted to move sooner rather than later' And also Raheem's interview before the Madrid Game.

So I'm just guessing that the Interest is Mutual.

And when you think about it from the perspective of Madrid's squad Building, I can see the logic behind it.

Last edited:
The semedo to city story seems to be gathering pace for those who are saying its bs.
I would not rule it out he was never a good enough footballer for Barca, and now all Spanish football is up shit creek not just about the Covid 19 effect on football but because the Spanish view football as a major tourism industry and invest as such, Cancelo being younger and a far better footballer would very much interest them and him if it actually materializes.

the Spanish view football as a major tourism industry and invest as such, Cancelo being younger and a far better footballer would very much interest them and him if it actually materializes.

If you believe the Barca Newspapers, They are acquiring Cancelo in order to use him as another swap piece in the Lautaro Martinez deal, not to keep him in Catalonia.

If you believe the Barca Newspapers, They are acquiring Cancelo in order to use him as another swap piece in the Lautaro Martinez deal, not to keep him in Catalonia.
I do not believe media outlets, they are just suppliers of information most bull shit, and this sounds too convoluted if only because it leaves no experienced LB and Samedo is better than most

I do not believe media outlets, they are just suppliers of information most bull shit, and this sounds too convoluted if only because it leaves no experienced LB and Samedo is better than most

Barca have been going overdrive with their media briefing/leaks so far. You can tell it's not just journalists making it up.
They reportedly want to sign that Sergino Dest kid from Ajax to replace Semedo. So if you believe them that Cancelo is moving, it's to go back to Italy

Last edited:
we have dominated domestically these past seasons. With only the CL trophy missing, He is on the Verge of Winning every competition he's competed in.
Sterling is an extremely ambitious player, he left Liverpool for that very reason.

We signed Mahrez at 27.5. Needing a year or so to adapt to the new team, he said he regretted not moving sooner.

Hazard Moved at 28.5. he let himself down with his pre season fitness, but due to his age he has no more room for errors, if he does not want to become an expensive waste of money.

Real Madrid have got Hazard, Vinicius Jr, Asensio, Rodrygo and Reinier. Some of Brahim Diaz, Lucas Vazquez, Bale and Isco might still be there. Then add into this they want Mbappe and Haaland which are deals more likely to be next summer now - and that's at least 200-250mn in outlay. What the hell is the logic in then coming to City and getting Raheem for a good 100/150mn min? Raheem has been clear he wants to go to Spain at some point, but realistically, with Real prioritising Mbappe and likely another forward like Haaland, as well as the raft of young Brazilians they constantly are picking up. Theres no logic for them in getting Raheem next summer, and then City replacing him entirely with 18/19 year olds who's major successes so far come in Football Manager and FIFA.

And as for Barcelona, well, yes they do need forwards, but it seems Neymar and Lautaro are their priority and they can't afford another mega deal after that without a gigantic post pandemic fire sale and probably Messi/Suarez retiring too considering theres millions in wages a week wrapped up in them two alone.

I read your comments Ezzy and to be fair if I was a bit more naive, I'd be super excited about City bringing in at least 8 new young talents. But it won't happen. City will not simply give up one of their absolute prize assets so easily. If Raheem were to go, it will be closer to the end of his current deal. Maybe 2022, maybe 2023. They know he'll want to go, but they're not paying him 250k/300k a week to beg to go to La Liga every summer and in his defence, I don't think he does that, I think he just wants them to be aware thats his plan down the road.

Barca have been going overdrive with their media briefing/leaks so far. You can tell it's not just journalists making it up.
They reportedly want to sign that Sergino Dest kid from Ajax to replace Semedo. So if you believe them that Cancelo is moving, it's to go back to Italy
Barca are skint and just about everybody is up for sale but if you want to compete you buy the best Dest would make a great back up but he is not near Semedo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.