Summer Transfers

Semedo (swap with cancelo)
Upamecano (£30m and angelino)
Alaba (£20m to us in the Leroy/Bayern move)
Auoar (£30-40m)
Almada (£15m)

total spend £65m ish

Out:

bravo (free)
Otamendi £10-15m
Angelino (in the upamecano deal)
David Silva (free)
Leroy sane (in the alaba deal but cash to us)
Jack Harrison (£10m)
Patrick Roberts (£5m
Alex Garcia (£5m)
Plus a few other loan /young players

We could literally have a tiny net spend? Obviously my wish list but based on rumours and clubs wanting our players and we allegedly want some of theirs then player swap and player plus cash deals would benefit most clubs this summer and that list imo makes us a lot stronger!

Totally separate but was reading The Athletic this morn and there was a piece about the Sheffield United lad, Jack O'Connell and it got me thinking.

Left footed and plays on the left side, obviously a good talent, still only 26 and would probably come relatively cheap for an English lad. Could be the perfect Laporte backup we all agree we need, even if he does come from a 3ATB side.

You'd hope the club are able to see you can find talent in the less than 50m market. Andy Robertson was 7m - imagine if we got him, regardless of what you think of him, for what Pep wanted in Mendy, Liverpool have had out of him. Feels sometimes as if the club just ignore the bargains you can find in the smaller price ranges unless its for a young 17 year old out of South America or Central Europe who may never really play for the first team - we've had plenty of examples over the years.

You're correct in that we won't settle on 1 formation. However, I think we will play 3 at the back if our CB options are limited. A back 4 with Garcia and Fernandinho is a little weak and they need cover. Also when we play 3 at the back it's mostly 3-4-3. We need to play with a double pivot in midfield. Having 3 CB's and 1 loan DM leaves us exposed if the 2 #8's and the wingbacks pushed high up . The DM would have to cover so much ground, so one of the midfielders have to drop back. The problem with 3 at the back is you're asking your wingbacks to create vs. a 4 at the back where the 2 #8's are creators. I also don't think we'd go for Umepacano . He reminds me of a CB version of N'dombele. I just don't think he's suited to play for us.
Thought i would drag you back in to the thread:)
I would go for Upamecano Pep just does not seem to be interested in the big strong CB Konte and Millenkovic, Upamecano does have good mobility, and experience but most of all though he is right footed but comfortable on the left and right, like Rodon, bit strange really because i think we will go for Dias

Be interesting how the transfers go this summer will there be more swaps no big money signings?
It will be interesting seeing who opens the wallet first as well, as a lot of clubs even the rich ones do a Levy and leave it late for bargains

Looking back, it would have saved us a fair bit of cash to just keep Navas. Still playing for Sevilla at right back and got back in the Spain squad. Could have easily been Walkers back up the last 3 years. Although Danilo was also useful at left back and centre back on occasion

Semedo (swap with cancelo)
Upamecano (£30m and angelino)
Alaba (£20m to us in the Leroy/Bayern move)
Auoar (£30-40m)
Almada (£15m)

total spend £65m ish

Out:

bravo (free)
Otamendi £10-15m
Angelino (in the upamecano deal)
David Silva (free)
Leroy sane (in the alaba deal but cash to us)
Jack Harrison (£10m)
Patrick Roberts (£5m
Alex Garcia (£5m)
Plus a few other loan /young players

We could literally have a tiny net spend? Obviously my wish list but based on rumours and clubs wanting our players and we allegedly want some of theirs then player swap and player plus cash deals would benefit most clubs this summer and that list imo makes us a lot stronger!

Almada has a buyout clause of €22 Mill which equates to £19.72 Mill so he won't go for less than that.

we have dominated domestically these past seasons. With only the CL trophy missing, He is on the Verge of Winning every competition he's competed in.
Sterling is an extremely ambitious player, he left Liverpool for that very reason.

We signed Mahrez at 27.5. Needing a year or so to adapt to the new team, he said he regretted not moving sooner.

Hazard Moved at 28.5. he let himself down with his pre season fitness, but due to his age he has no more room for errors, if he does not want to become an expensive waste of money.

From the Madrid side, I only know of the Rumors that that came about towards the end of last summer.
Then at the beginning of Season, the Athletic was reporting that his agent was having discussions and that 'just talks were going on right now, but he wanted to move sooner rather than later' And also Raheem's interview before the Madrid Game.

So I'm just guessing that the Interest is Mutual.

And when you think about it from the perspective of Madrid's squad Building, I can see the logic behind it.

If the info on here is correct and Pep is set to sign a new deal and stay past next summer Sterling won't go anywhere until Pep leaves.

Finally some sense here!! I agree with every word.

We need to improve now, not in 5 years. Like you said Liverpool’s defense is very very strong. Their back 4 is one of the best in the world. Even Gomez is a top top prospect.

We need major improvements if we want to catch them, not stick with a declining Otamendi and unreliable Stones.

I just don’t understand why we don’t go for Koulibaly.

Even worse when I see Liverpool linked with him. That would be a disaster for us. The league would be over immediately with that signing.

Koulibaly is world class and even outshined Van Dijk last time they played. He has absolutely everything, pace, strength, great on the ball. He’s in his prime and still has years left. He speaks French like Laporte and would be the perfect partner for him.

I know we usually target younger players but sometimes a change is needed. Yes he’s expensive but he’s worth it. If we only signed him this summer I would be ecstatic.

Koulibaly would have a Van Dijk like impact on us and we would be true favorites for the Champions League not just favorites with the bookies like every year.

agree we spend 50m on full backs we don’t play , so why not pay that sort of money or more on a player who is guaranteed to Play even if it’s not for long to improve the squad. It’s like when United got van persie when he won them the league nobody was botherd that he wouldn’t be there long. Be the same if we got a proper CB , If it wins us the league nobody will care about the cost or how old he is

I think you have answered most of the question for yourself, but last season both Kompany and Laporte were better than Van Dijk, obviously not this season, Bissika at utd is by far a better RB probably the best in the league but crap going forward, Williams is better than Robertson at everything, and if they named James at LWB he would be miles better, i would name a city player but they have been out injured hence liverpool being more reliable at the back

how do you explain the fact that Van Dijk is considered the best defend in the world and Trent and Robertson tend to be considered the best in the league in their positions by everyone ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.