Summer Transfers

I'd like to see us transition to a 3421 like we played numerous times throughout the winter. Would make a lot of sense if you look at our squad, and it makes it much easier in the transfer market. 3 at the back would allow us to get maximum use of Angelino and Cancelo's great ability going forward and providing width, which means Sané and fullback replacements are not needed. Rodri has also shown to be excellent in back three, either as the central CB or right CB.

Ederson
New CB Rodri Laporte
Cancelo KDB Bernardo Angelino/Mendy
Mahrez Sterling
Aguero/Jesus

We only need to buy a new starting quality CB (preferably quick). My prefered targets are all players who are already comfortable playing both in a back three and a back four. I'd like either of the three french leipzig CB's (Upamecano, Konate or Mukiele), Skriniar or Luiz Felipe. Eric Garcia also excels in a back three so that's an added bonus.

Then we can start to rebuild for the future with youngsters like Almada, Jonathan David, Doyle, THB etc etc

It also makes sense to go with a back three and build towards that if the board is planning to go with Julian Nagelsmann who really looks like the best Pep successor, he's the Mbappe of coaches. Young, exciting and pretty much worldclass

You had me until you started mentioning Rose and Cantwell lol. I hope you're kidding? Danny Rose is finished and his legs are gone, he has also becomed a miserable whiney ****, that's why he got binned off to Newcastle real fast. Mourinho rather plays a right footed CB youngster out of postion at left back than Rose. Not to mention Todd Cantwell who hit the ground running in PL and played good against us, other than that he's been distinctly average. It doesn't help your case that he's got the upper body strength of a 12 year old school girl and plays as a winger, not a midfielder. Who's going to defend between Foden and Cantwell? And what has Cantwell done to even get mentioned in the same sentence as Grealish and Maddison. I'd 100% rather play Doyle and Bernabe before even considering Cantwell who's not even a central mid.

I'm not trying to be rude but I think you're alone on those two points. I agree about the first two sentences and the last one though
Cantwell is not good enough for us but he is gonna be a very capable player in a year or so .dont forget when we are looking for recruits we have to look at whether these players are good enough to play for a team that is one of the elite in the world and on a par with the likes of Barca real juve etc. I mean would hey really sign the likes of rose and grealish .

I wonder if we might try again for João Felix? It doesn't seem to have gone that well for him at Atletico. Maybe their style of play has inhibited him. Interestingly Atletico currently sit in 6th place outside the Champions League places. With new stadium debts to pay off, along with revenue streams affected by the Corona Virus, maybe they can be tempted to sell?

SO FOR 20/21 SEASON:

Forwards[9]
LW
  • #7 Raheem Sterling(25) - starter
  • #11 Jayden Braaf(18)
  • #19 Morgan Rogers(18)
ST
  • #10 Sergio Agüero(32) - starter
  • #9 Gabriel Jesus(23) - starter
  • #23 Thiago Almada(19) [New]
RW
  • #26 Riyad Mahrez(29) - starter
  • #24 Mohamed Ihattaren(18) [New]
  • #29 Amad Traoré(18) [New]

Midfielders[8]
LCAM
  • #21 Phil Foden(20) - starter
  • #8 Houssem Aouar(22) - starter [New]
  • #28 Adrian Bernabé(19)
CDM
  • #16 Rodri(24) - starter
  • #6 Eduardo Camavinga(18) [New]
RCAM
  • #17 Kevin de Bruyne(29) - starter
  • #20 Bernardo Silva(26) - starter
  • #18 Tommy Doyle(19)

Defenders[12]
LB
  • #3 Ben Mendy(26) - starter
  • #13 Rayan Ait-Nouri(19) [New]
CB
  • #4 Aymeric Laporte(26) - starter
  • #25 Fernandinho(35) - starter
  • #5 Alessandro Bastoni(21) [New]
  • #15 Eric Garcia(19)
  • #34 Philippe Sandler(23)
  • # Tanguy Kouassi(18) [New]
  • #14 Taylor Harwood-Bellis(18)
RB
  • #2 Kyle Walker(30) - starter
  • #27 Joao Cancelo(26) - starter
  • #12 Yan Couto(18)

SQUAD SIZE: 29 Players
AVERAGE AGE:
22.7 Years Old

Overall Transfers(Summer)
Out(6 Players)

• David Silva(Free)
  • Leroy Sané
  • John Stones
  • Oleksandr Zinchenko
  • Ilkay Gundogan
  • Nicolas Otamendi
In(8 Players For £270-300M)
  • Houssem Aouar(22) - £50M
  • Thiago Almada(19) - £20M
  • Amad Traoré(18) - £20M
  • Rayan Ait-Nouri(19) - £25M
  • Mohamed Ihattaren(18) - £35M
  • Eduardo Camavinga(18) - £60M
  • Alessandro Bastoni(21) - £60M
  • Tanguy Kouassi(18) - No Fee
"Before any new player arrives, City should reward the deserving youngsters with a promotion up the squad list and squad number upgrade"

AND FOR THE 21/22 SEASON:

Forwards[9]
LW
  • Thiago Almada(20)
  • Morgan Rogers(19)
  • Samuel Edozie(18)
  • Jayden Braaf(19, Sold if great offer comes in)
  • Raheem Sterling(26, Sold to Real Madrid)
ST
  • Gabriel Jesus(24) - starter
  • Mohamed Ihattaren(19)
  • Liam Delap(18)
  • Sergio Aguero(33, Leave)
RW
  • Riyad Mahrez(30) - starter
  • Adrian Bernabé(20)
  • Amad Traoré(19)

Midfielders[8]
LCAM
  • Phil Foden(21) - starter
  • Houssem Aouar(23) - starter
  • Cole Palmer(19)
CDM
  • Rodri(25) - starter
  • Eduardo Camavinga(19)
RCAM
  • Kevin de Bruyne(30) - starter
  • Bernardo Silva(27) - starter
  • Tommy Doyle(20)

Defenders[12]
LB
  • Ben Mendy(27) - starter
  • Rayan Ait-Nouri(20)
  • [Academy Left-Back]
CB
  • Aymeric Laporte(27) - starter
  • Eric Garcia(20)
  • Philippe Sandler(24)
  • Alessandro Bastoni(22)
  • Tanguy Kouassi(19)
  • Taylor Harwood-Bellis (19)
  • Fernandinho(35, Leave)
RB
  • Joao Cancelo(27) - starter
  • Yan Couto(19)
  • Pedro Porro(22)
  • Kyle Walker(31, Sold)
SQUAD SIZE: 29 Players
AVERAGE AGE:
22 Years Old

And of course if none of our youth options are good enough to replace the impact of Raheem Sterling and Sergio Aguero Leaving the team in summer 2021, then we'll dip in the transfer market.

In all my time of reading threads on this forum, which, by the way, has some great members. This is without doubt, the most ridiculous post I have ever read

I wonder if we might try again for João Felix? It doesn't seem to have gone that well for him at Atletico. Maybe their style of play has inhibited him. Interestingly Atletico currently sit in 6th place outside the Champions League places. With new stadium debts to pay off, along with revenue streams affected by the Corona Virus, maybe they can be tempted to sell?
he was supposedly our planned replacement last summer for Sane, but he went to Atletico instead. Don't think well go back.

Or just maybe the dozens of folk on here thinking he was the next coming and calling out our hierarchy for not shelling out 120 million on the lad were a tad premature.

I'd like to see us transition to a 3421 like we played numerous times throughout the winter. Would make a lot of sense if you look at our squad, and it makes it much easier in the transfer market. 3 at the back would allow us to get maximum use of Angelino and Cancelo's great ability going forward and providing width, which means Sané and fullback replacements are not needed. Rodri has also shown to be excellent in back three, either as the central CB or right CB.

Ederson
New CB Rodri Laporte
Cancelo KDB Bernardo Angelino/Mendy
Mahrez Sterling
Aguero/Jesus

We only need to buy a new starting quality CB (preferably quick). My prefered targets are all players who are already comfortable playing both in a back three and a back four. I'd like either of the three french leipzig CB's (Upamecano, Konate or Mukiele), Skriniar or Luiz Felipe. Eric Garcia also excels in a back three so that's an added bonus.

Then we can start to rebuild for the future with youngsters like Almada, Jonathan David, Doyle, THB etc etc

It also makes sense to go with a back three and build towards that if the board is planning to go with Julian Nagelsmann who really looks like the best Pep successor, he's the Mbappe of coaches. Young, exciting and pretty much worldclass

I like some of your assessment, but the one thing I don't think Pep will ever settle for is 1 formation. He's a tactical chameleon. I also agree we need a quick CB that can deal with the likes of Vardy and Son on counter attacks. They have to be good in the air when the opposition try to lump it to their striker and also good at interceptions. I'm just not sold on Upamecano.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.