Sunderland allocation. Reply from there safety officer

Corky said:
dansyb said:
as every injury has to be reported someone should do a bit of research and find out how many injuries have occurred in all seated stadiums as a direct result of standing during a game in say the last ten years. My guess it would be very low but it will not happen as the authorities want everybody to believe the only safe way to watch football is sat down ( chained to your seat for your safety)

It happened in Hamburg after our early goal. Quite a few fell onto the row in front.

The seat backs folded forwards from what I remember. I'd just bought a plastic cup of water for 3.5 Euros or something. Poor girl in front of me got drenched. But I landed on top of her so not a bad result for her I reckon ;-)

sinnerman said:
stimo said:
is it me or does it seem like its written by an 8 year old?

Looks like a fake to me.

Deffo not a fake mate still staggered at how pompous the twat is<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:09 pm --<br /><br />
manchester blue said:
It was the OP who used the wrong their not the safety officer and H&S is about being proactive not reactive. You don't have to wait for an accid ent to happen to take action. As pointed out try sitting!!

Sorry Sir my Pc only as a spell check not a grammar check will try harder next time if i dont get a detention.

At Villareal one lad who was behind me came flying over about three or four rows and was very lucky not to be seriously hurt as he hit the concrete and the seat backs. One other lad went crashing over a few rows, hit a barrier over a stairwell and if there hadn't been a railing he would have gone straight over and would not still be here to tell the tale!! That was horrendous to witness.

mancmackem said:
I'd suggest to the 3000+ blues who will want tickets after the 2100 sell out to buy in the home end and give this guy something else to think about. Forcing home and away to mix is really safe, isn't it...I say this as the capacity is there to sell the tickets thus it is forcing the above to potentially occur.

Also, would be good for this gentleman to provide statistics concerning injuries in the away end of the Stadium of Light for the past 10 years to help justify such a decision.

Or you could just... you know.... sit the fuck down. It's only been 20 years since the top league went all seater and yet people still think they have a god given right to stand for 90 mins. Grow up

The bottom line is that there are laws and rules in this country that have to be abided by. Whether we agree or not isn't the issue. The only opinion that matters is of their safety officer who takes the decision in consultation with the cops.

It sound bollocks but it's a pretty good excuse to use if they want to cut our allocation, which is possibly the [not so] hidden agenda. The thing to do to get more tickets next time is to sit down surely? How hard can it be?

I'm sure that there are lots of people who go to away games who actually don't want to stand up but are forced to. This makes it look as though everyone wants to stand when, actually, they might not.

I can't believe that the vast majority of away supporters purposely choose to disobey the law, and the rules and ground safety regulations at whatever club it is.

It's a fact of life but if you do choose to not comply with laws and rules and regulations, you get chucked out.

The solution seems pretty simple to me.

Corky said:
dansyb said:
as every injury has to be reported someone should do a bit of research and find out how many injuries have occurred in all seated stadiums as a direct result of standing during a game in say the last ten years. My guess it would be very low but it will not happen as the authorities want everybody to believe the only safe way to watch football is sat down ( chained to your seat for your safety)

It happened in Hamburg after our early goal. Quite a few fell onto the row in front.

correct, we all ended in a heap, i along with a couple of other guys had to pull my wife and daughter out of the pile up.
seating would cut that right out.

I was at the Sunderland game today and next to where the away fans are there were 2000+ Sunderland fans stood up the whole game. 5 stewards and 2 police made one attempt to make them sit then gave up. it would be interesting to see it they plan on carrying out the same actions for home fans!! After all his reasoning is the safety aspect

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I take it that Blackburn fans must have stood on each others shoulders last season judging by the allocation they must have been given due to their pitiful attendance today.

Like ours there most years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.