Sunderland allocation. Reply from there safety officer

another generation said:
BlueAnorak said:
Here's a thought. Perhaps if we sat down we'd get a bigger allocation.
Bleating about it is rather pathetic. Please face up to the fact that the more you stand at away games the less tickets MCFC will get for City supporters to follow the team around the country.
It's your fault. No one else's.
Er, pardon me for asking, but which team's away fans sit down at our place?

Or better still....which away games do you sit through?! 3,000 plus City fans standing around/in front of you....and you carry on sitting.....?!

Sunderland allocation issue

First, City say it's 2,100 tickets. Sunderland say it's 2,200. Why is there a difference of opinion in what is a factual issue?

Second, Sunderland say City would get 3,200 if City fans didn't stand throughout this game.

In previous seasons, Sunderland City Council has held a public meeting to determine the allocation of this game and fans have had a chance to say why the allocation should be higher.

It appears that meeting didn't take place this season.

What do people think about it?

Are you arsed? Should fans accept it? Are you angry that you might miss out on tickets? Do you want City to account for the extra 100 tickets and Sunderland to explain why there was no meeting? Or is it all irrelevant?

Edit: It seems the council did hold a meeting afterall.

For thos interested, the agenda item is number 4 here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/committees/cmis5/Meetings/tabid/73/ctl/ViewMeetingPublic/mid/410/Meeting/7327/Committee/1438/Default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/committees ... fault.aspx</a>

I don't think the minutes have been published.

Re: Sunderland allocation issue

a lot of fans at a lot of clubs stand at away games, ive never seen a blocked aisle or gangway and if never seen surges or collapses. the problem is that those setting the regs have probably never been to a match or certainly havent been on an away trip. if they were using this as an excuse for allowing more home fans to see the game , then i could understand it. but the fact that tickets are on general sale ( anyone can buy 20 tickets i think) suggests empty seats and lost revenue. if it is done as a punitive measure its obviously not having the desired effect, people will still stand

Mr Blue Sky said:
mancmackem said:
I'd suggest to the 3000+ blues who will want tickets after the 2100 sell out to buy in the home end and give this guy something else to think about. Forcing home and away to mix is really safe, isn't it...I say this as the capacity is there to sell the tickets thus it is forcing the above to potentially occur.

Also, would be good for this gentleman to provide statistics concerning injuries in the away end of the Stadium of Light for the past 10 years to help justify such a decision.

Hes not going to enter a debate about it (tosser)

tickets available by the bucketful just claim if asked that you live in the area and do a little research about somewhere nearby before you go, 3000 blues in the home end, wouldn't they just love that

Re: Sunderland allocation issue

duno why any club would want to discourage standing it makes the atmosphere a lot beter which is half of why people love football, they should be encouraging it. The way modern football wants fans going is for every one to sit down dont sing and dont show any passion, but it will never happen so anyone going to sunderland should obviously still stand and sing like never before just to prove a point

Mr Blue Sky said:
Have a read of this patronising load of bollocks.

Dear Martin

I am the safety officer on Match days, and as such I am responsible for the safety of all spectators attending the Stadium of Light. The allocation has been reduced to 2,200, I’m not sure where you got the 2,100 figure from.

The maximum allocation is 3,200.

As a result of persistent standing by Man City supporters in recent seasons in an all seated stadium, which is unsafe, and against the Premier League Ground Regulations, this allocation
was cut to 2,200. The rationale for this is the risk of a progressive crowd collapse due to people who are standing losing balance and falling over is reduced commensurately with the reduction in numbers in a particular section.

I hope this satisfies your questions as I am certainly not going to enter into a debate over the decision. It has been made in the interests of safety and no matter what ‘evidence’ you may be able to produce, sitting in an all seated stadium is inherently safer than standing.

Regards

Paul Weir
Safety Manager

Seriously, what a condescending prick. Anyone with half a brain cell knows that is a bollocks answer as standing in an all-seater stadium isn't unsafe because if it was then why the fuck won't this balloon be imposing the same restrictions for the Coldplay gig there next year? I can guarantee the stewards will take no action against the thousands upon thousands of fans who will be standing in the seated areas throughout the duration of the concert and doing a fair bit of dancing in the aisles to boot. The fact is that football fans standing in all-seater stadia are unfairly discriminated against when compared to concert goers doing exactly the same in the same stadia.

There should only ever be one issue regarding standing in seated areas at football matches and it isn't a health and safety one - it's to do with compromising the view of those less fortunate who aren't able to stand. If the authorities were really arsed about safety then they wouldn't let fans go ballistic when a goal is scored because that's the only time there is a realistic chance of injuries being sustained. However, their thinking is so fucked up that they actually allow fans to stand in those so called "moments of excitement" when injuries are more likely to occur.

M18CTID said:
Mr Blue Sky said:
Have a read of this patronising load of bollocks.

Dear Martin

I am the safety officer on Match days, and as such I am responsible for the safety of all spectators attending the Stadium of Light. The allocation has been reduced to 2,200, I’m not sure where you got the 2,100 figure from.

The maximum allocation is 3,200.

As a result of persistent standing by Man City supporters in recent seasons in an all seated stadium, which is unsafe, and against the Premier League Ground Regulations, this allocation
was cut to 2,200. The rationale for this is the risk of a progressive crowd collapse due to people who are standing losing balance and falling over is reduced commensurately with the reduction in numbers in a particular section.

I hope this satisfies your questions as I am certainly not going to enter into a debate over the decision. It has been made in the interests of safety and no matter what ‘evidence’ you may be able to produce, sitting in an all seated stadium is inherently safer than standing.

Regards

Paul Weir
Safety Manager

Seriously, what a condescending prick. Anyone with half a brain cell knows that is a bollocks answer as standing in an all-seater stadium isn't unsafe because if it was then why the fuck won't this balloon be imposing the same restrictions for the Coldplay gig there next year? I can guarantee the stewards will take no action against the thousands upon thousands of fans who will be standing in the seated areas throughout the duration of the concert and doing a fair bit of dancing in the aisles to boot. The fact is that football fans standing in all-seater stadia are unfairly discriminated against when compared to concert goers doing exactly the same in the same stadia.

There should only ever be one issue regarding standing in seated areas at football matches and it isn't a health and safety one - it's to do with compromising the view of those less fortunate who aren't able to stand. If the authorities were really arsed about safety then they wouldn't let fans go ballistic when a goal is scored because that's the only time there is a realistic chance of injuries being sustained. However, their thinking is so fucked up that they actually allow fans to stand in those so called "moments of excitement" when injuries are more likely to occur.

agreed - I think sunderland should introduce a "you can only stand in this row if you are smaller than this" picture on each aisle. short arses at the front, lanky strings of piss at the back, graded between the two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.