Sunderland In League One. / Netflix documentary (P9)

Always found them as good as gold. Top club.

City
West Ham
Sunderland
Plymouth

My favourites

Macam works just fine for me thanks.
Some of your fans have shown their true colours over this.
I stick by my initial premiss fuckem.

If it works fine for you to be incorrect, then so be it.
I'm a little surprised at the almost disgust you are feeling......
We have suffered for many years, we have a small glimpse of lets be honest, minor success, but it is huge to us, don't you think we want to grab it...even if it is the Mickey Mouse cup..... and that means taking every advantage we possibly can....because yes,..we are fuckin shite...sadly.

Always found them as good as gold. Top club.

City
West Ham
Sunderland
Plymouth

My favourites

Thankyou

It's the day before the Burton game, obviously ould have been ideal to change it to the following week or something (not unreasonable considering Checkatrade fixtures aren't pinned to a specific week/date, hence why random fixtures have popped up all season).

Sunderland have rejected it. Fine.

But then the response since has been a bit of a cirus. Here's an entire article from the Sunderland Echo with Mackem's "hitting back" - https://www.sunderlandecho.com/spor...er-city-over-checkatrade-trophy-row-1-9542332

Never had an issue with Sunderland, but some of those responses, you'd think they were a permanent lower league club who've never been in the PL.

To be fair this is just essentially an unbalanced fake news story in the local paper based on a few childish social media comments from a tiny group of Sunderland fans. It doesn't reflect the vast majority of Sunderland fans who I am sure are not really bothered about the Checkatrade trophy (despite the big turn-out for the Newcastle match) It says more about the stupidity of the Sunderland Echo than anything else.

To be fair this is just essentially an unbalanced fake news story in the local paper based on a few childish social media comments from a tiny group of Sunderland fans. It doesn't reflect the vast majority of Sunderland fans who I am sure are not really bothered about the Checkatrade trophy (despite the big turn-out for the Newcastle match) It says more about the stupidity of the Sunderland Echo than anything else.
Exactly don't understand why anyone takes any notice of knobheads on social media-forums not included of course!

Re the documentary, I enjoyed it but I found it a bit weird that so many comments were made about them being the best and most loyal fans yet almost every game looked very poorly attended and the abuse hurled at the players/managers were awful. It felt like there was a sense of entitlement that ignored the other teams fighting against relegation. Mostly 'cos they had a cool stadium :-)

But to be fair I enjoyed it and thought it was a great contrast tot he City one. It's like you'd have to see one to appreciate the other. And for the most part I was left with a soft spot for Sunderland, their supporters and Chris Coleman.

Re the documentary, I enjoyed it but I found it a bit weird that so many comments were made about them being the best and most loyal fans yet almost every game looked very poorly attended and the abuse hurled at the players/managers were awful. It felt like there was a sense of entitlement that ignored the other teams fighting against relegation. Mostly 'cos they had a cool stadium :-)

But to be fair I enjoyed it and thought it was a great contrast tot he City one. It's like you'd have to see one to appreciate the other. And for the most part I was left with a soft spot for Sunderland, their supporters and Chris Coleman.

They got 37,000+ in their last game, more than Everton got in the PL.

As a City fan you should realise that a few visible empty seats don’t mean a jot, it’s the numbers you get coming through the gates that count.

Not having a pop at you personally just making a point.

The players and management deserve it, cast your mind back to City under Swales and in the 90’s.

Just started watching this tonight. It’s been really good go far, reminds me a lot of us in the late 90s though. Got to feel for the Mackems.

They got 37,000+ in their last game, more than Everton got in the PL.

As a City fan you should realise that a few visible empty seats don’t mean a jot, it’s the numbers you get coming through the gates that count.

Not having a pop at you personally just making a point.

The players and management deserve it, cast your mind back to City under Swales and in the 90’s.
Last game this season or the previous?

Either way good luck to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.