Sunderland In League One. / Netflix documentary (P9)

Re the documentary, I enjoyed it but I found it a bit weird that so many comments were made about them being the best and most loyal fans yet almost every game looked very poorly attended and the abuse hurled at the players/managers were awful. It felt like there was a sense of entitlement that ignored the other teams fighting against relegation. Mostly 'cos they had a cool stadium :-)

But to be fair I enjoyed it and thought it was a great contrast tot he City one. It's like you'd have to see one to appreciate the other. And for the most part I was left with a soft spot for Sunderland, their supporters and Chris Coleman.
Wasn't the empty seats issue down to protests rather than a peeling away due to tumbling down the leagues?

Not been on in a while for obvious reasons that I am sure your all aware of. Especially @Stockport mackem. Even though the documentary was produced by a production company of Sunderland fans and were one of the groups rumored to be interesting in taking over from E**is S*ort a while back I thought it was just going to be another excuse for other fans to piss themselves laughing at how we could have gotten things so badly wrong. Having seen all 8 episodes I still sort of think like that but the way everything and everyone was put across and just the course of events (I think is a good wording) was very good.

Obviously it's completely different in tone and not as slickly produced as our documentary but thoroughly enjoyable nonetheless.

It's essential viewing for anyone either because of age or allegiance who has only been a blue for the past 10 years or so because there are a lot of similarities between Sunderland now and City in the 90s.

Watching it I came away with respect for their fans and in particular Symons ( the guy is cursed) and particularly Coleman. But most of all I thank the stars for Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon and their investment and foresight in bringing in Txiki, Ferano and ultimately Pep.

That could have been us and we shouldn't ever forget that.

Watching it now and transfer deadline is hit and miss but do wonder how much they regret not getting McCormack on loan from Villa

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.