Sunderland in the Championship 2017/2018

I’m gutted for Sunderland fans particularly Stockport Mackem. They’re brilliant. I am so sad to see them go down again into the third division. Their fantastic support deserve far better than the half hearted dross those players have served up. I never thought going down particularly into the third is a good thing and never will - its better to rebuild without relegation. I hope they get a competent owner who gives a stuff. I’ll never forget how sporting they were after the 2014 League Cup Final. No excuses no blathering on about “the money” just old fashion d decency. They’re like our football brothers. The best. Their fantastic support deserve far better than the half hearted dross those players have served up. I hope they get a competent owner who gives a stuff. I’ll never forget how sporting they were after the 2014 League Cup Final. No excuses no blathering on about “the money” just old fashion d decency. They’re like our football brothers. The best.

so good you said it twice...

@Stockport mackem

We'll stand by you and your club as you have for us. Apart from the obvious your club and fans gave me the biggest lad. As a kid I sat in the corner of the princess pub before another relegation of your team. Random strangers in red and white striped shirts talked with my old man and kept me stocked up in crisps pre match.

The league cup final at Wembley I got 3 of your fans blagged into first on my train down to the game. We shared their ale and laughed as we ended up on the same train back. This time me and my mate got the beers for them.

Here's to automatic promotion next season. If not you get a Gillinghamesque day at Wembley.

Blimey just saw this. Terrible news. I know we used to joke a lot about never winning at Sunderland but I'd much rather they get back into the prem than drift into obscurity. Though I worry with all the money sloshing around in the prem if they're out for too long they'll never be able to stay if they get back.

Getting back in the prem, proper ownership, investment in training and youth development to help bring through a generation of well-coached Mackems, benefitting from our scouting network and connections to get better players for better value and some of the best of our youth on loan to hone and get the talent from. I think it's a great deal and we get a 40,000 seater stadium to blood some of our youth in English football, help the Mackems back to the Prem and we both benefit. I'd love to see it and think it's a much better future than the one they're sadly about to experience.

Of course you'd love to see it but my point was that I can't imagine any Sunderland fans being too chuffed about it.

@Stockport mackem

We'll stand by you and your club as you have for us. Apart from the obvious your club and fans gave me the biggest lad. As a kid I sat in the corner of the princess pub before another relegation of your team. Random strangers in red and white striped shirts talked with my old man and kept me stocked up in crisps pre match.

The league cup final at Wembley I got 3 of your fans blagged into first on my train down to the game. We shared their ale and laughed as we ended up on the same train back. This time me and my mate got the beers for them.

Here's to automatic promotion next season. If not you get a Gillinghamesque day at Wembley.

I’ve said it before, but I have had a soft spot for Sunderland since that glorious day in May '73, when Ian Porterfield's great shot and Jim Montgomery's wonderful goalkeeping beat the dirtiest bunch of wankers I have ever had the displeasure see take to a football field.

This was followed shortly by two of my all-time favourite players - Dennis Tueart and Big Dave Watson - joining City from the-then Rokerites.

Relegated :-(

Keep your head up mate....I'm sure you will be back up a division next season and hopefully you will have a great time taking over everywhere like we did in that division.
Your fans deserve a lot better than you have had for a long time...much better fans than the barcodes.
Met a few lovely Sunderland fans after the Wembley game and they were honest about us deserving to win ... couldn't imagine dippers etc saying the same things
Good luck for next season mate.

I’ve said it before, but I have had a soft spot for Sunderland since that glorious day in May '73, when Ian Porterfield's great shot and Jim Montgomery's wonderful goalkeeping beat the dirtiest bunch of wankers I have ever had the displeasure see take to a football field.

This was followed shortly by two of my all-time favourite players - Dennis Tueart and Big Dave Watson - joining City from the-then Rokerites.
Leonardo-DiCaprio-Clap.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.