Sunderland post match thread

Hart concedes at the near post then, in the crucial final minutes, keeps booting the ball back to Sunderland. He made a dumb error against Liverpool too.

Overrated keeper

scousemanc said:
And one last thing. Can Pellegrini show a bit of passion and imagination please. A bit of a spark. Some savvy. You know, like premier league managers are supposed to.

We didn't lose the league on Sunday. We lost it tonight.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I remember Mancini before he was sacked being similar and he used to be explosive, perhaps both just realised the same thing that you can't motivate someone who doesn't care.

Falastur said:
mcfcgto said:
I agree the season's dead now but nip over to the official club site( mcfc.co)and read Pelligrini's after match comments they beggar belief. Apparently Sunderland are a difficult team to play after the Liverpool game and the players aren't physically tired they're mentally tired --thank fuck they've not got to go to work in the morning the poor darlings aaaarrrrggghhhh !

Yep, those players are pathetic. I mean, to think that someone who has hundreds of millions of people watching his every move, knowing that if he plays even a single ball out of place the fans will turn on him, not knowing if he'll be harassed in the street as he tries to live his regular life, unable to so much as go to an ATM for some cash without paparazzos stalking him and taking pictures of every last detail so that they can criticise it in a tabloid distributed around a country of 65 million people, getting home to find 20,000 people on Twitter have sent him insulting or even downright life-threatening messages over his performance, not knowing whether come the summer he's going to be told "you're not good enough for this team" and end up in a career slump which will see him playing for a mid-table German side or FC who-on-earth-even-knows-how-to-pronounce-their-name-let-alone-learn-the-language of Whereveria, getting into fist-fights with his teammates on the training ground because of a mistimed challenge because drunken hooligans yelled abuse outside his hotel window until 4am, reading every day his own national papers that he's either his country's one chance of rescuing their honour at the World Cup or he's the worst player to pull on their shirt in three generations, to think that he might be mentally tired?!? Thank goodness he doesn't do my regular 9-5 job, because I'm pretty sure that he simply couldn't cope with the stress of knowing that he's got a permanent contract for a company he's worked at for 7 years and knows he would have to screw up badly to be fired from, working in a literally zero-pressure environment with a grand total of three people who rely on his productivity and quality of work in order to get their own jobs done, coming home to a good three or four hours in front of the TV. My word, but he simply wouldn't be able to stand it!

Should have been a motor mechanic then

colbee59 said:
de niro said:
there's an old saying.

"be careful what you wish for"

well bobby haters both players and fans alike, you must be delirious.

Why what did we win last season, remind me

Are you serious? They fucked Bobby over he pinpointed the need for 3 players,Hazard, RVP and De Rossi and aside from Nasty ended up with dross, bought by people who's ego's dictate that they must have the final word.<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:37 pm --<br /><br />
colbee59 said:
de niro said:
there's an old saying.

"be careful what you wish for"

well bobby haters both players and fans alike, you must be delirious.

Why what did we win last season, remind me

Are you serious? They fucked Bobby over he pinpointed the need for 3 players,Hazard, RVP and De Rossi and aside from Nasty ended up with dross, bought by people who's ego's dictate that they must have the final word.

Falastur said:
mcfcgto said:
I agree the season's dead now but nip over to the official club site( mcfc.co)and read Pelligrini's after match comments they beggar belief. Apparently Sunderland are a difficult team to play after the Liverpool game and the players aren't physically tired they're mentally tired --thank fuck they've not got to go to work in the morning the poor darlings aaaarrrrggghhhh !

Yep, those players are pathetic. I mean, to think that someone who has hundreds of millions of people watching his every move, knowing that if he plays even a single ball out of place the fans will turn on him, not knowing if he'll be harassed in the street as he tries to live his regular life, unable to so much as go to an ATM for some cash without paparazzos stalking him and taking pictures of every last detail so that they can criticise it in a tabloid distributed around a country of 65 million people, getting home to find 20,000 people on Twitter have sent him insulting or even downright life-threatening messages over his performance, not knowing whether come the summer he's going to be told "you're not good enough for this team" and end up in a career slump which will see him playing for a mid-table German side or FC who-on-earth-even-knows-how-to-pronounce-their-name-let-alone-learn-the-language of Whereveria, getting into fist-fights with his teammates on the training ground because of a mistimed challenge because drunken hooligans yelled abuse outside his hotel window until 4am, reading every day his own national papers that he's either his country's one chance of rescuing their honour at the World Cup or he's the worst player to pull on their shirt in three generations, to think that he might be mentally tired?!? Thank goodness he doesn't do my regular 9-5 job, because I'm pretty sure that he simply couldn't cope with the stress of knowing that he's got a permanent contract for a company he's worked at for 7 years and knows he would have to screw up badly to be fired from, working in a literally zero-pressure environment with a grand total of three people who rely on his productivity and quality of work in order to get their own jobs done, coming home to a good three or four hours in front of the TV. My word, but he simply wouldn't be able to stand it!

LOL, good try.

Really piss poor performance tonight, we never got going and Sunderland clearly wanted it more than we did, they chased and closed down, they got in our faces. Quality wise they were no match for us, but attitude wise they were our superiors.

To throw away a lead, at home, to the worst side in the league, who are destined for the Championship next season, is criminal. To pick up just 1 point against them this season has gone a long way towards leaving us highly unlikely to win the league.

VOOMER said:
Are you serious? They fucked Bobby over he pinpointed the need for 3 players,Hazard, RVP and De Rossi and aside from Nasty ended up with dross, bought by people who's ego's dictate that they must have the final word.

You could use the same argument to suggest that the Football Genius only failed to win the league this season because their new CEO screwed him over with the lack of signings.

cheddar404 said:
I don't know where to start with that. We had 6 matches to give it our all. Only 6 matches and that performance looked like we weren't arsed at all. No urgency, no fight and Sunderland were unlucky not to have won. Defensively we were wide open and we were ponderous going forward. Zabaleta, fernandinho and Garcia played alright. The rest were varying levels of poor. We looked like a team that has major problems a bit like we did against Wigan in the cup final last year. Mentally, we don't seem strong enough to mix it at the absolute top.

This is the paradox. We can play stunning football that slaughters teams, and then, with just a couple of changes in personnel, we look as though we are fighting to get into the top half of the table. We have not challenged for the title because we cannot play the different kind of games that winning the title requires.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.