Sunderland post match thread

80s Shorts said:
Falastur said:
mcfcgto said:
I agree the season's dead now but nip over to the official club site( mcfc.co)and read Pelligrini's after match comments they beggar belief. Apparently Sunderland are a difficult team to play after the Liverpool game and the players aren't physically tired they're mentally tired --thank fuck they've not got to go to work in the morning the poor darlings aaaarrrrggghhhh !

Yep, those players are pathetic. I mean, to think that someone who has hundreds of millions of people watching his every move, knowing that if he plays even a single ball out of place the fans will turn on him, not knowing if he'll be harassed in the street as he tries to live his regular life, unable to so much as go to an ATM for some cash without paparazzos stalking him and taking pictures of every last detail so that they can criticise it in a tabloid distributed around a country of 65 million people, getting home to find 20,000 people on Twitter have sent him insulting or even downright life-threatening messages over his performance, not knowing whether come the summer he's going to be told "you're not good enough for this team" and end up in a career slump which will see him playing for a mid-table German side or FC who-on-earth-even-knows-how-to-pronounce-their-name-let-alone-learn-the-language of Whereveria, getting into fist-fights with his teammates on the training ground because of a mistimed challenge because drunken hooligans yelled abuse outside his hotel window until 4am, reading every day his own national papers that he's either his country's one chance of rescuing their honour at the World Cup or he's the worst player to pull on their shirt in three generations, to think that he might be mentally tired?!? Thank goodness he doesn't do my regular 9-5 job, because I'm pretty sure that he simply couldn't cope with the stress of knowing that he's got a permanent contract for a company he's worked at for 7 years and knows he would have to screw up badly to be fired from, working in a literally zero-pressure environment with a grand total of three people who rely on his productivity and quality of work in order to get their own jobs done, coming home to a good three or four hours in front of the TV. My word, but he simply wouldn't be able to stand it!

LOL, good try.

Not sure if serious, but thanks.

My point is that even I am mentally tired - I just no longer have the energy to be upset about this result. Granted there's a few other things behind that than just our on-field woes, but still - if I can be mentally tired after the Liverpool result, I'm pretty sure a player can.

Tricky_Trev said:
It's difficult for us to comment on the players not wanting it because as fans we've hardly demonstrated that we want it either. There's only 2 categories of noise at our home games - City fans moaning and away fans singing.
We were loud,
We were loud,
We were loud when we were shit
We were loud when we were shit

And a fat lot of good it did us.
We were loud all the way to the third division.
We were also loud at Cardiff and Villa but lost them both.

Falastur said:
80s Shorts said:
Falastur said:
Yep, those players are pathetic. I mean, to think that someone who has hundreds of millions of people watching his every move, knowing that if he plays even a single ball out of place the fans will turn on him, not knowing if he'll be harassed in the street as he tries to live his regular life, unable to so much as go to an ATM for some cash without paparazzos stalking him and taking pictures of every last detail so that they can criticise it in a tabloid distributed around a country of 65 million people, getting home to find 20,000 people on Twitter have sent him insulting or even downright life-threatening messages over his performance, not knowing whether come the summer he's going to be told "you're not good enough for this team" and end up in a career slump which will see him playing for a mid-table German side or FC who-on-earth-even-knows-how-to-pronounce-their-name-let-alone-learn-the-language of Whereveria, getting into fist-fights with his teammates on the training ground because of a mistimed challenge because drunken hooligans yelled abuse outside his hotel window until 4am, reading every day his own national papers that he's either his country's one chance of rescuing their honour at the World Cup or he's the worst player to pull on their shirt in three generations, to think that he might be mentally tired?!? Thank goodness he doesn't do my regular 9-5 job, because I'm pretty sure that he simply couldn't cope with the stress of knowing that he's got a permanent contract for a company he's worked at for 7 years and knows he would have to screw up badly to be fired from, working in a literally zero-pressure environment with a grand total of three people who rely on his productivity and quality of work in order to get their own jobs done, coming home to a good three or four hours in front of the TV. My word, but he simply wouldn't be able to stand it!

LOL, good try.

Not sure if serious, but thanks.

My point is that even I am mentally tired - I just no longer have the energy to be upset about this result. If I can be mentally tired after the Liverpool result, I'm pretty sure a player can.

There's a chance that professional football is physically and mentally draining.

Mat01706 said:
de niro said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Indeed. Players got what they wanted and now will more than likely end up with their nice manager being sacked.

It's time to show some of these players where their place is.

exactly. been saying since bob was hoofed.

Be careful what you wish for? At least for the best part of the season it's been entertaining, lets face it Manini never beat Liverpool away and struggled against Sunderland so I don't get your point...

Im pretty sure we beat them away with milner having a great game

Falastur said:
mcfcgto said:
I agree the season's dead now but nip over to the official club site( mcfc.co)and read Pelligrini's after match comments they beggar belief. Apparently Sunderland are a difficult team to play after the Liverpool game and the players aren't physically tired they're mentally tired --thank fuck they've not got to go to work in the morning the poor darlings aaaarrrrggghhhh !

Ermm try that explanation to the next family who's loved one is buried after serving their country!

Abysmal. Some terrible individual performances but not worth naming the offenders as it was a shite collective effort too.

We pissed the FA Cup away against a "weaker" side but we don't learn.

Too many fcukin fancy dans with too little fire in their bellies.

MC ID said:
scousemanc said:
And one last thing. Can Pellegrini show a bit of passion and imagination please. A bit of a spark. Some savvy. You know, like premier league managers are supposed to.

We didn't lose the league on Sunday. We lost it tonight.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I remember Mancini before he was sacked being similar and he used to be explosive, perhaps both just realised the same thing that you can't motivate someone who doesn't care.

I don't know what the answer is but we seem to have hit some sort of wall and it's the manager's job to sort it out. It's Pelle's first year in english football so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he has learnt. But he needs to build a team of winners - we are clearly not at the moment. That's his job.

Well that just sucked a gigantic bag of dicks.

Jovetic might have been the only bright spot. Spark, urgency, desire, attacking flair in the direction of goal. On a team of aimless crossers and limp, flaccid tippy-tappers.

Milner. Ugh. Just a waste of space today. Love the guy but shockingly bad.

Nasri - also terrible. I do think him coming back from a pretty bad injury early has to be said in his defense. Other than for a couple of brief moments he has not been the same since back.

And there went the League title. I know I'll be pissed off a while.
Then a little sad.
Then the realisation will set in that I can enjoy the rest of the matches this year without the high stress level that goes with being in it for the top spot.
I'll check City-watch to see if we're closer to signing Mangala.
The season will end.
Two weeks later I'll miss football and our players terribly.
And then sometime in August I'll be well up for doing it all again! (And hopefully seeing a better result at the end of it!)

CTID! We've all seen much worse days and I know we will see much better ones!

The last 10 minutes epitomises the difference between Mancini's city and Pelligrini's city, no balls

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.