Sunderland post match thread

Was last night that bad then? Was is it with you lot and Sunderland?

I really really hope Chelsea win the league now. Imagine if Liverpool actually do the unthinkable?

To be honest i didn't see the players visibly taking the piss by not even trying. Especially with 20 minutes to go when it was all quite frantic.

In a way, it would not have been so bad if that was the case, because that might more easily be fixed with a damned hard bollocking.

More worrying is the fact that we were just MONSTROUSLY shite. I mean truly, abjectly awful, to a man just dreadful. No cohesion, no pace, no quality, no creativity. Just utter garbage. Dismal in defence, clueless in midfield, impotent in attack. Comfortably the worst I have seen us play in 150 games. We played worse than Sunderland, i am serious. Attrocious. Milner - sorry to single someone out, but i just have to - looked like a conference player, let alone a championship player. Those crosses of his towards the end, my god in heaven.

Juan King said:
I purposely stayed off here last night as I knew it would be full of people posting knee jerk shit.
Have a look a the teams in the bottom half of the table and see how many points we've dropped against them, then consider both the pitiful FA Cup performances against Wigan, and the abortion of a performance in the final home game of last season when they had a chance to make amends for the cup final.
Once or twice, even three times perhaps, might make it "knee jerk shit", but when things are going wrong so often we have a genuine reason to ask wtfigo?

levets said:
Luck95 said:
Henry Chinaski said:
The crowd was shite tonight. A game we needed to win and there was nothing. They scored with ten minutes to go and it emptied. Those of you that left, you are a disgrace.

well said. the atmosphere is becoming quite embarrassing

The crowd or atmosphere has nothing to do with somebody blasting a sitter over the bar in the 92nd minute, when all that was required was the ball stroking into the ne, to win the game and keep us on track.
This. Winners take their chances however badly they played up to that point. That miss was amateurish and while a win would have papered over the cracks only those who don't watch games would have been fooled.

Steak Bake said:
Was last night that bad then? Was is it with you lot and Sunderland?

I really really hope Chelsea win the league now. Imagine if Liverpool actually do the unthinkable?
Nothing to do with Sunderland. It was the worst we have played at home in years

In part due to hangover from Liverpool game, in part injuries (No Silva, Yaya, and Aguero got nobbled by Brown early on). Kompany wasn't fit either.

Still should have been able to raise our game with the remaining players but we couldn't

Yes, it will be sickening to see Suarez lift the trophy. I'd much prefer Chelsea to win it. But Liverpool will do it I think

I dont usually comment in these threads as they are always full of reactionary bullshit and hyperbole.

But I im going to and congratulate Sunderland on a job almost well done.

Tactically they were superb. The lack of Silva for us allowed them to virtually man mark our Zabba and Kolarov out of the game. When Silva plays a team cant do that and we can overload in the wide areas as we have numbers. Sunderland got it right as was shown by the way we could only pass across them. There back four was narrow and relied on there wide men stopping our full backs which they did superbly.

When you cant overload in full back areas you go central and fair play to Sunderland for exploiting that as it left us short where we are usually so stronf. Very clever mr Poyet.

Tactically we got it wrong last night, but mentally we looked shot. Im not buying the lack of desire/couldnt be arsed tone of many as thats idiotic to me as they are all proud proffesionals. We have hit the wall for me and it showed.

We will learn from it, im absolutly certain of that

Rascal said:
I dont usually comment in these threads as they are always full of reactionary bullshit and hyperbole.

But I im going to and congratulate Sunderland on a job almost well done.

Tactically they were superb. The lack of Silva for us allowed them to virtually man mark our Zabba and Kolarov out of the game. When Silva plays a team cant do that and we can overload in the wide areas as we have numbers. Sunderland got it right as was shown by the way we could only pass across them. There back four was narrow and relied on there wide men stopping our full backs which they did superbly.

When you cant overload in full back areas you go central and fair play to Sunderland for exploiting that as it left us short where we are usually so stronf. Very clever mr Poyet.

Tactically we got it wrong last night, but mentally we looked shot. Im not buying the lack of desire/couldnt be arsed tone of many as thats idiotic to me as they are all proud proffesionals. We have hit the wall for me and it showed.

We will learn from it, im absolutly certain of that

You should post up here more often ;-)

Rascal said:
Im not buying the lack of desire/couldnt be arsed tone of many as thats idiotic to me as they are all proud proffesionals. We have hit the wall for me and it showed.

That paragraph sums our situation up perfectly for me.

The stuff posted on here over the past 24hrs suggesting different is a nonsense.

FantasyIreland said:
Rascal said:
Im not buying the lack of desire/couldnt be arsed tone of many as thats idiotic to me as they are all proud proffesionals. We have hit the wall for me and it showed.

The stuff posted on here over the past 24hrs suggesting different is a nonsense.

In your opinion.

TGR said:
FantasyIreland said:
Rascal said:

In your opinion.

Anyone watching the game would have seen Zabba, Garcia, MDK and Fernandinho working hard and Joe giving his all. Kolarov's fantastic second half run should have resulted in a goal but our movement up front was poor throughout the game. Lots of effort and little quality was personified by Alvaro, formerly know as the Beast.

As Rascal said, Sunderland did a good job and a striker who couldn't score when in loan at Leeds suddenly looked a world beater.

It was clear that we were shot after the Liverpool game when the lads gave everything. If anything, mistakes were made off the pitch by not playing Lescott in at least one of these two cruch games - with Kompany nowhere near fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.