Sunderland post match thread

Hung said:
AZUL said:
Hung said:
Apologies - that's what you get from a Comprehensive education in Gorton. Then again, I suppose I didn't get buggered in the dorm by the older boys after my English Grammar lessons. Ho hum, you can't have everything.

Lots of people who have had a comprehensive education in Cedar Mount, Wright Robinson or anywhere else, can spell correctly

Spelling is over rated.
I see what you did there, I think

To be fair to City, there seemed to be a combination of many things last night that put a bit of a dampener on things ... the aftermath and tiredness (physical and mental) after losing at Anfield, not having either of our real game-changers / best passers (Silva & Toure) on the pitch, a strangely quiet and low-key crowd / atmosphere, Sergio not being back to his best and labouring up-front, Negredo's total loss of confidence in front of goal, Martin Atkinson in charge after we'd just had Clattenburg, etc, etc. The Liverpool result seemed to have deflated the crowd too.

I sensed some of these things even before the game started, and I think Sunderland did too - and it encouraged them as they really looked all night asthough they thought they could/would win, something they just haven't looked like doing for the past 7 or 8 weeks.

And we should also acknowledge that if Kompany hadn't mis-kicked at Anfield, and Nasri had finished his fairly simple chance last night (both of which would have gone right 9 times out of 10), then we'd have virtually won the title already ... so it really is quite fine margins between success and despair.

AZUL said:
Hung said:
Sigh said:
Affected. oh, and you missed out company.

Apologies - that's what you get from a Comprehensive education in Gorton. Then again, I suppose I didn't get buggered in the dorm by the older boys after my English Grammar lessons. Ho hum, you can't have everything.

Lots of people who have had a comprehensive education in Cedar Mount, Wright Robinson or anywhere else, can spell correctly

But their punctuation may still be lacking.

Gelsons Dad said:
AZUL said:
Hung said:

Would they start a sentence with a conjunction?

Blue Theatre said:
To be fair to City, there seemed to be a combination of many things last night that put a bit of a dampener on things ... the aftermath and tiredness (physical and mental) after losing at Anfield, not having either of our real game-changers / best passers (Silva & Toure) on the pitch, a strangely quiet and low-key crowd / atmosphere, Sergio not being back to his best and labouring up-front, Negredo's total loss of confidence in front of goal, Martin Atkinson in charge after we'd just had Clattenburg, etc, etc. The Liverpool result seemed to have deflated the crowd too.

I sensed some of these things even before the game started, and I think Sunderland did too - and it encouraged them as they really looked all night asthough they thought they could/would win, something they just haven't looked like doing for the past 7 or 8 weeks.

And we should also acknowledge that if Kompany hadn't mis-kicked at Anfield, and Nasri had finished his fairly simple chance last night (both of which would have gone right 9 times out of 10), then we'd have virtually won the title already ... so it really is quite fine margins between success and despair.

If my Uncle had tits......

All teams can look at bad luck, shit refs, but what I can't accept if seemingly not putting the effort in.

Is it me or are the OS highlights doctored? Going on them we should have battered then the chances we missed first half hour. Was working so missed that period

Blue Theatre said:

The margins you're talking about are the difference between getting something out of the game or not. But that doesn't change the performance which was really poor last night and for the first 35 minutes at Anfield which ultimately cost us the points in both games. Talking of fine margins - we only got a point because of a fumble by their keeper! The only positive I can draw from last night is that we probably wont have to play them again next season.

We can't keep blaming referees and injuries when were facing teams that have nowhere near the quality of our second eleven - the fault either lies with the manager or the players themselves. The players are the common denominator over the last 2 seasons - perhaps some of them just aren't up to the job

Lancet Fluke said:
Gelsons Dad said:
AZUL said:

Would they start a sentence with a conjunction?

In the case of and or but, they may well. And wouldn't be wrong to do so.
;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.