Sunderland post match thread

Blue Theatre said:
To be fair to City, there seemed to be a combination of many things last night that put a bit of a dampener on things ... the aftermath and tiredness (physical and mental) after losing at Anfield, not having either of our real game-changers / best passers (Silva & Toure) on the pitch, a strangely quiet and low-key crowd / atmosphere, Sergio not being back to his best and labouring up-front, Negredo's total loss of confidence in front of goal, Martin Atkinson in charge after we'd just had Clattenburg, etc, etc. The Liverpool result seemed to have deflated the crowd too.

I sensed some of these things even before the game started, and I think Sunderland did too - and it encouraged them as they really looked all night asthough they thought they could/would win, something they just haven't looked like doing for the past 7 or 8 weeks.

And we should also acknowledge that if Kompany hadn't mis-kicked at Anfield, and Nasri had finished his fairly simple chance last night (both of which would have gone right 9 times out of 10), then we'd have virtually won the title already ... so it really is quite fine margins between success and despair.

Before last nights game their record was i think LLLLLDL. Never in a million years did i think this was going to be the toughest game out of the remaining 6 yet now we find ourselves fighting to secure 3rd. It was a shocking display of fight and determination.

citymad said:
Blue Theatre said:
To be fair to City, there seemed to be a combination of many things last night that put a bit of a dampener on things ... the aftermath and tiredness (physical and mental) after losing at Anfield, not having either of our real game-changers / best passers (Silva & Toure) on the pitch, a strangely quiet and low-key crowd / atmosphere, Sergio not being back to his best and labouring up-front, Negredo's total loss of confidence in front of goal, Martin Atkinson in charge after we'd just had Clattenburg, etc, etc. The Liverpool result seemed to have deflated the crowd too.

I sensed some of these things even before the game started, and I think Sunderland did too - and it encouraged them as they really looked all night asthough they thought they could/would win, something they just haven't looked like doing for the past 7 or 8 weeks.

And we should also acknowledge that if Kompany hadn't mis-kicked at Anfield, and Nasri had finished his fairly simple chance last night (both of which would have gone right 9 times out of 10), then we'd have virtually won the title already ... so it really is quite fine margins between success and despair.

Before last nights game their record was i think LLLLLDL. Never in a million years did i think this was going to be the toughest game out of the remaining 6 yet now we find ourselves fighting to secure 3rd. It was a shocking display of fight and determination.

I watched the second half of Sunderland at Spuds on TV and they looked totally demoralized. Our early goal should have seen them off but our complete lack of application, poor marking and general sloppy passing let them back into the game - and their confidence steadily grew out of our ineptness. In reality they should and could have been 3:1 up at half time. I'm sure Poyet will have told them at half time that we were there for the taking.

Over the course of a season i think stuff evens it's self out pretty much.
I admit to pretty hard despondency atm for a few reasons...

1, I like Pellegrini but can't defend the fact his ethos of never changing from starting with a full on attacking setup is at best fucking ridiculous, fucking buck up man your not thick so fucking buck your ideas up.
2, Many threads on refs, bullshit we have had the rub of the green as much as not. Pointing fingers is for spineless men who do not take responsibility.
3, I like Nasri i really do and just a couple of months back he was that fucking man with some imperious performances.
It does not detract he is not direct enough sometimes and can go missing when the pressure is on, this you simply can't afford in a midfielder.
A winger possibly or even an attacker, not a midfielder or defender.
This applies to a few players, if you asked me who i can reply but it will be a long post as i will have to substantiate my reasons.
In the main the same players others have mentioned.
4, I want to be 100% sure Pellegrini will not spare the rod this summer, i am not though.
5, We are to dependent on the starting 11, i thought we had the depth for it but the proof is in the pudding.

If we do not win it we must be disappointed as it was there for the taking, it was in our hands and we fucked it.
As others have said if you can't get your shit together for Sunderland at home irregardless of them fighting for survival you do not deserve to win the title. They are fighting at the bottom for a reason so excuses of they wanted it more simply make our players look more spineless.
If we are not on it the second the window opens i will be fucking livid, i want to see Pellegrini get fucking mad, fuck the hollistic shit, fucking give those players some fucking steam man.

With that said i hope Chelsea win it if we do not, fuck Liverpool, bunch of insufferable cunts who have rocketed to my #1 set of **** fans.

mike channon´s windmill said:
Is it me or are the OS highlights doctored?
52121344afa96f07240066f2.gif

TCIB said:

1, I like Pellegrini but can't defend the fact his ethos of never changing from starting with a full on attacking setup is at best fucking ridiculous, fucking buck up man your not thick so fucking buck your ideas up.
2, Many threads on refs, bullshit we have had the rub of the green as much as not. Pointing fingers is for spineless men who do not take responsibility.
3, I like Nasri i really do and just a couple of months back he was that fucking man with some imperious performances.
It does not detract he is not direct enough sometimes and can go missing when the pressure is on, this you simply can't afford in a midfielder.
This applies to a few players, if you asked me who i can reply but it will be a long post as i will have to substantiate my reasons.
4, I want to be 100% sure Pellegrini will not spare the rod this summer, i am not though.
5, We are to dependent on the starting 11, i thought we had the depth for it but the proof is in the pudding.

If we do not win it we must be disappointed as it was there for the taking, it was in our hands and we fucked it.
As others have said if you can't get your shit together for Sunderland at home irregardless of them fighting for survival you do not deserve to win the title. They are fighting at the bottom for a reason so excuses of they wanted it more simply make our players look more spineless.
If we are not on it the second the window opens i will be fucking livid, i want to see Pellegrini get fucking mad, fuck the hollistic shit, fucking give those players some fucking steam man.

With that said i hope Chelsea win it if we do not, fuck Liverpool, bunch of insufferable cunts who have rocketed to my #1 set of **** fans.

Good post. can't disagree with any of that

Without Silva or Yaya, we completely lacked in attacking players who were willing to take it upon themselves to take control and actually try and force something. Jovetic did it when he came on, but other than that no one had the balls to actually try and make something happen. For the first 10 minutes, Fernandinho was breaking out of midfield and into the box, scoring a goal and could of had another, but then he just stopped doing it, I have no idea why. Far too often the so called "creative" players took the easy option and turned away from goal and played it back to the safety net in Garcia. I can't recall Nasri taking anyone on or even attempting a through ball in the enitre game. The less said about Milner the better.

What Silva does that the others don't seem to dare to do, is always look forwards and be willing to play a risky pass in behind, even if it won't succeed every time. Yaya (every now and again) decides to break from midfield and run straight at the other teams defence or look to get in the box to get on the end of crosses. Without them playing, you just can't see it happening, no one seems willing to take the risks.

For me, that's what makes people like Bale, Ronaldo, Neymar, Hulk and Robben so valuable. Even though it doesn't always pay off, they are always willing to take responsibility and force the issue. Some days they'll hit it into the crowd repeatedly, or keep getting tackled, but they are always trying to make something happen. Against packed defences, you need someone with that confidence, who isn't afraid of failing and we just don't have enough players like that. Even if it doesn't work for them, it fucking terrifies defences and opens up avenues for the other players, who then feel willing to take risks of their own. Far too much passing of the buck in our team, not nearly enough players willing to take responsibility

TCIB said:

amen to that ,bang on the money every word

Gelsons Dad said:
AZUL said:
Hung said:
Apologies - that's what you get from a Comprehensive education in Gorton. Then again, I suppose I didn't get buggered in the dorm by the older boys after my English Grammar lessons. Ho hum, you can't have everything.

Lots of people who have had a comprehensive education in Cedar Mount, Wright Robinson or anywhere else, can spell correctly

But their punctuation may still be lacking.

Very true Gelson's dad

That was FUCKING dire last night . The players should be embarrassed to pick up their wages after that . I noticed Natalie and Danny weren't doing their post match analysis last night .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.