Sunderland post match thread

Perfect summary!

I'd just like to add that Willie had a very concentrated performance and a nice footwork. Well done.
Must have been a tough situation for Joe, but Willie has earned some credit though.
Not seen any replays. What looked like a phenomenal close rang save from Willy, but some loose kicking early on. I enjoyed the passing out from the back. Interesting ways in which players like Fernandinho dropped and then moved out of defence, and interesting role for Clichy.

We were not so good around the penalty area, but not really worried too much about that. The quality is there

Thought Navas had a great game when he came on but could have fucked it up for us with that pass in the dying seconds when he only had to find a player in the middle of the park for us to break and score...

Thought Navas had a great game when he came on but could have fucked it up for us with that pass in the dying seconds when he only had to find a player in the middle of the park for us to break and score...

That was a shocking pass. He created lots of space and got in some great positions. I thought it was a good sub

with all these tweets coming through from players its as if we have a very happy dressing room,long may it continue i'm sure pep will weed any bad apples out

I don't disagree, however to say we were lucky to win, in my opinion can be countered by saying they were very lucky to be level. Football is about scoring goals. If we dominate games possession wise, our quality going forward means we will score goals. This is almost an entirely new way for us to play, it will take time. I don't think anyone can overestimate how different this set up is, from back to front.

Entirely agree. We just didn't look much like it today. As I say, with most teams in the PL, they will get at least one gilt edged chance per game. Even Burnley! So possession is fine to control a game. However, how did we manage to give them the chance to get back in it?
I am sure this will improve. Kolarov isn't a CB, as well as he did. Stones was playing his first game. Who will he be playing alongside next time? Sane and Gundogan have to come in. The second coming of Jesus is due in January. We'll be fine. Just wasn't overly impressed today. I'm of an age where it takes a bit more than what I saw today before I start wetting my knickers! :)

P.S.
Just heard that about 50 SCUM fans were kicked out of a pub in Bournemouth after behaving like complete twats. Jumping on tables, kicking off. Didn't get the full story, but it came from a doorman in the pub that I am currently in. Sounds reliable. If anyone knows the pub formerly known as the Litten Tree, then that is where it happened.
SCUM.

Well a win is a win is a win as they say. There were a lot of good things on display today. Clichy was pretty wasteful with the ball today but you can clearly see what Pep wants. Sunderland are our boogie team and when they equalised I thought here we go again. At least it means the "Mag Slayer" can't give me shit when we get together for a beer, he'd have been unbearable if we hadn't have won. Well done Pep and well done City.

Not sure if it has been said but today Aguero was off form and the ball just didn't fall for him. Still one of the best players though. Credit to Sunderland they also defended hard and kept their shape.

Stones so far has shown his presence, Sterling will get better and we can already see glimpses of a different City side. Would do us good considering we hadn't had a proper preseason with one less game and the Euro.

Atmosphere was poor. Hope fans start staying till end now players clap us.
75% posedsion but only 10 or so chances will do that.

That was so turgid I'm going to blame it on us being undercooked Pre-Season and leave it at that. Things can only get better..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.