Sunderland post match thread

Did he not watch the game at the ground?

Wilfried BonyVerified account‏@wilfriedbony
Good 3 points

CpwutIDWAAAktPZ.jpg

Haha, nice footwear.

Agreed, we had a greater control over the game than anything I've seen for the last 18 months or so. The let down was in the final third but I'm sure that will come with fitness.
Yeah and with fitness the ball will be zipped around a lot faster which will make a big difference as well.

I guess people see different things in a game. I watched the game (on TV, admittedly) with a fellow Blue, whom I'd never met before. First sub, we said 'get Silva off', thought he was doing not very much. Thought Aguero was also peripheral.
Umpteen pretty passes when we went sideways and backwards, bugger all when trying to create a goalscoring opportunity. Football is all about the one and only way of scoring; putting the ball in the onion bag. Rarely looked like it. In Rugby you can do that. You dominate territory, you get kickable penalties, it eventually forces the opposition to open up.
We both predicted the equaliser, sure as eggs is eggs. Lucky to get 3 points. I'll take it, however.
That is not to say it won't get better. I'm sure it will. However, anybody that thought that was an 'impressive' performance was watching a different game to me and the bloke I watched it with.
Were we lucky to get 3 points or were they lucky to be in a position to get one?

A lot of positives to take from today. Sunderland worked hard and defended well with 11 behind the ball. We controlled the game and although we didn't create many clear cut chances we were still well worth the 3 points. Good to see everyone working hard and closing down and some nice passing link ups. Thought Sterling was MOTM today and Kolarov played well too. Caballero did start the play from the back but I can't help wondering if Joe would have stopped Defoe from scoring ? One or two Like KDB and Nolito needs more minutes to get up to speed. Stones looks a Rolls Royce signing. Very accomplished. Overall it's 3 points and a good start.

In that system I can wait to see Gungogan. I also thing the CB need to run with the ball to open space. If the fullbacks are going to become midfielders they need to be a little better with the ball. Sterling did well as did Ferdy and Kolorov. A very good debut by Stones.
Agreed maybe when ottamendi or vinny are back fernandiniho may play full back or delph

Sunderland were yet another side to benefit from us playing midweek in the CL. I think yaya and otta would have played normally and I think Dave would have stayed on longer. when we have a full squad we'll murder teams like Sunderland.

Great pic, notice Pep in the background giving out the exact same instruction. These two are going to get on like wildfire

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.