Sunderland post match thread

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, thought it was fascinating to watch.

You can see why Pep wants a new keeper, it's a fundamental part of how this strategy works, neither Willy or Joe are capable of being what Pep requires.

Have to also say, hats off to AK, he played very well.

I loved it.

Football with a purpose, and once the top end delivers with a final product, there will be total dominance of games.

Kudos to the lads at the back because we already look very comfortable playing it under pressure.

Stones is a Rolls Royce

Agreed about Stones... What a quality debut.... Totally calm under pressure.. Very very impressed with him

Sterling was great too.. Amazing what an arm round his shoulder can do

I been pretty critical of Kolarov & I was genuinely surprised (& disappointed) to see his name on the team sheet, but I have a lot of faith in Pep & I thought if he thinks he's good enough, I'll go along with that.

I've now got even more faith in Pep. Yes, he had less to do than he will in other games this season, but he played much better than I'm used to. Of the 3 full backs on show today he wasn't the best (I thought the other 2 did really well in their new roles) but he was far more disciplined than we're used to. Well done Aleks.

Clearly this is still work in progress for everyone, but I am very excited about the future under this innovative manager. Remember, Barcelona began his reign with a defeat & a draw. City will set the bar for other teams in the PL.

Aw fore sure, Kolarov did much better than I thought he would but he had everything in place to allow for him to play freely which is fantastic from Pep. I was for Kolarov to be sold but I think he could be prove a decent squad utility player to fill in against weaker opposition this season and then have your Angellinos slowly integrated. I still don't want to see him starting against any decent side but he seems to have taken Peps advice on board and giving it a good go. I also feel this new fullback positioning is the best thing to happen to Raheem, his next move was almost always dependent on Kolarov, now he has the freedom to go at defenders. Pep will revolutionise City and English football as a whole.

Was a fascinating watch and clear to see the work that the manager and his back room staff put in The fluidity of the formation with every player clear in what their job was, a few struggled at times maybe a little ring rusty or not capable time will tell. Greatly encouraged for the future, but wasn't surprised everything I expected, we will be invincible at times. Some of the short interpassing and the way they kept the ball with the opposition chasing shadows was fantastic with Willy playing his part, well done to him. Special mention to Kolarov, my motm

I loved it. Well done Pep. Those who play for you and those who fight for their place will become better under you.
Clichy and Sagna must have thought they were dreaming when you told them the plan.
As for Kolorov, well done!

Can someone explain to me what is so good in life that it is necessary to leave a game you have looked forward to for months on the 80th minute. (Especially when it is still a draw?) I absolutely do not get it?

Walked out and some goon was moaning that was rubbish!! I despair.

We looked a noticeably smaller team today. At set pieces we only had Sagna and Stones who are good in the air. I'd like to see us make more short corners.

Looking at the stats we had 76% possession but only 3 shots on target. That's something to work on. It should improve with Gundogan and Sane coming into the team.

Pep says Raheem Sterling 'played amazing', labelled him a 'fighter' and wants to unlock the 'real Sterling'.
Pep: "In the second half we played really, really well. We made good build-ups, with Kolarov, Fernandinho and Sagna."
Pep: "Maybe we should attack quicker but that is normal. We have to learn. I saw many good things about the spirit of the team."

Just got back home, and that is great to read. Thought it was brilliant today, really enjoyed the game - as a few others I've just glanced at on here, it was def clear what what we are trying to achieve. The point about attacking quicker was exactly my thought - so refreshing to read a post-match which mirrors what you've thought yourself from the stand.

Sterling looked a different player.
Thought Sagna in the second half ended up being asked a bit more than i'm sure he is capable of from an attacking creative point of view in the middle of the park.

Anyway, we are all in for a real treat this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.