Sunderland post match thread

Well, very few positives today. Sterling the obvious one. Given how early it is into the Pep revolution, and the players missing today, maybe we should be just glad of the 3 points. But I think a lot of us were expecting something a bit better than that.

There is a certain raggish smell about you mate......

Dinho was immense, this wasnt the rout I expected but we are looking more of a unit than we have done for ages.
Willy should keep his place for tuesday

Love it. Didn't panic when it went 1-1, didn't start doing the long ball, just kept the same tempo with the belief that we would win.

Very happy. Shit pre season schedule. Loads of injuries yet we won the first game.

Very promising signs.

Thank god for that. 3pts...You've got to be pretty deluded to believe we'd play like barca or Bayern 1st game of season, we saw glimpses of what's to come. Your talking oct minimum before we'll see anything close to resembling what pep wants 100%. Gundogan, sane, new Gk, hopefully new CB to come in.

Think people might be upset as they over hyped the start we'd have.

I'll post what got lost in a sea of one liners in the match thread...

The game has been 99% control which is something that was sorely lacking last season. The comfort in the system, and with it, goals...will come yet.

I think the score flatters sunderland greatly too, city just haven't been incisive/inventive/adventurous enough at certain points, which is a smelly leftover of the pellegrini era. Pep needs time to improve on these things with only four pre season games under his belt. He has clearly been concentrating on sorting a system out, specifically the defensive setup to play from the back.

People should be taking positives from this. Also the commentary team themselves also touched on the fact sunderland have played 2 more games at this point...which is rather a big deal in itself. They had more legs at the end.

Sucks Hart doesn't have the skill set needed. Wasn't the same without him in goal. But I can see why Pep pulled him.

Kolarov played ok but let's not get carried away here, he was under minimal pressure for the most part and when he did have to defend, he was very suspect as he always is, aerially he was pretty vital with our lack of height but any 6ft+ player who can play a bit of football could have slotted in there today and looked ok

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.