Sunderland post match thread

Well, very few positives today. Sterling the obvious one. Given how early it is into the Pep revolution, and the players missing today, maybe we should be just glad of the 3 points. But I think a lot of us were expecting something a bit better than that.
Give it a rest mate. I am not sure if you are a rag really putting it on or just a miserable arse, but you manage to make me look like everyone's favourite uncle.

It'll take a few weeks to get up to speed, but the result for the min is all that matters. Was nice to see us press and play quicker than we did last season.

Result even more important against something of a bogey side of ours (added to the fact scum aside Moyes often got a result when he was Everton manager).

It is obviously a work in progress. The priority is to get the three points, start with a win and build from there. The plays will get more match fit and play with more urgency, pace and understanding of what the manager wants, that will come in time.

Too much over deliberation and focus on the task of ball control and keeping possession rather than working to create chances. Kolarov was brave and confident on the ball and drove it forward but still a worry defensively. Stones has a solid debut and Sterling led the team today.

Better things to come, hope common sense prevails and Hart is back on the goal in the next game and Otamendi also gets back and takes his place with Stones.

Three points, job done.

Willy apart from a couple of rusty passes did ok. He wont be dropped for tuesday

Wasn't necessarily pretty but given the circumstances I wasn't expecting pretty. An OG and a PK will do.

Top performers for me...
Sterling - our most dangerous player, great job running AT players, something we desperately need
Stones - considering hes just met everyone 3 days ago he slid right in and gelled instantly
Kolarov - as one of the few Kolarov advocates on here today is a proud day for me. Did very well in the air.

Still questioning the benching of Joe. Is Willy really that much better distributing the ball? I think it's almost certain Ter Stegen will be coming in now.

What on earth were people expecting with makeshift players trying to implement a system they've had only weeks to learn?
We're gonna be alright.

A strange positive: I've just watched their goal and it was string of poor decisions, any one of which taken out and that goal is much less likely to occur—any two and it would have never happened.

Good possession game, control of midfield and some very very neat passing. I'm impressed .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.