Sunderland post match thread

Great win and 3 points.

First game of the season, players still gaining fitness and learning the systems.

Dominated possession and all that was missing is the tempo that will come with fitness, confidence and a few players coming into the side.

Seen plenty today that tells me its going to be a wonderful season.

I admit Maffeo and Angelino have to mature fast and soon. What Pep needs his fullbacks doing requires a level of technique I don't think any of our senior Fullbacks have.

Looking a bit rusty, as expected with so few games in the pre-season. Fully confident this is the beginning of something special.

Well, very few positives today. Sterling the obvious one. Given how early it is into the Pep revolution, and the players missing today, maybe we should be just glad of the 3 points. But I think a lot of us were expecting something a bit better than that.

Sterling has his confidence back which is huge!

But we really need a new GK if Pep isn't going to play Joe.

Much to be done here. A work in progress. Pep will have learnt quite a lot. Standout performance from Raheem. What was wrong in France? He looks totally confident, a different player entirely. Also, Stones — by God but what assurance! Everything we were told to expect. KDB very, very quiet. Sergio also pretty quiet. That'll do, though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.