Sunderland pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just done the google. Ipswich were relegated that season. They also got thumped 9 by Stoke and 7 by the rags.
As I mentioned earlier, I hadn't googled it. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Ipswich were a decent side in the early sixties. In my defence though, I was just over a year old when those matches took place.

It's a pisser getting old!

I want this on Saturday.

850.jpg

They play 5 at the back

As I mentioned earlier, I hadn't googled it. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Ipswich were a decent side in the early sixties. In my defence though, I was just over a year old when those matches took place.

It's a pisser getting old!

It said they had won the league 2 seasons earlier. so that would have been 60/61.
So maybe they degraded as the decade passed ;-)

It said they had won the league 2 seasons earlier. so that would have been 60/61.
So maybe they degraded as the decade passed ;-)
They won it with an ageing team of pro's. Last chance saloon for a lot of them. From memory they had an outside left called Jimmy Leadbetter who looked about fifty but used to sling crosses in for fun, usually finished by Ray Crawford, a centre forward in the Derek Kevan mould.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.