Sunderland pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever team is chosen it can no longer include Eliaquim Mangala. You can't pick a player at this level with virtually no footballing ability, regardless of his ridiculous transfer fee. We need another solution if Vinnie isn't fit.

You're right, let's play demichelis who's even worse

Otamendi was MoM at the swamp and is a great partner for Kompany I M O
Playing alongside Mangala we do not see Nick at his finest.

What about the first 5 games where Mangala partnered Kompany and we didn't concede a goal? You can argue, it's gone tits up since then. Mangala and Kompany should be our preferred starting pair.

listening to Peller's presser, no doubt he will want to only give Aguero, Zab, Kompany and Silva only 60-65 minutes. Going to be interesting to see how he handles this if he plans to start all of them. If it's a tight game then he won't be able to "ease" any of them back into action from the bench. I personally would put Kun and Komps on the bench and start Bony, Silva Sterling, with Yaya, Fern and Delph and a back four of Clichy, Mangala, Otamendi and Zabaleta.

I'd go:

Hart
Sagna Otamendi Mangala Kolarov
Toure Dinho
Navas Silva KdB
Aguero

If Kompany is ready to play 90 minutes then go ahead and throw him in there.

Should be heavily in favour with possession so Kolarov & Toure will be more use than liability for this match one would hope. Sterling needs room so not sure this is the best match for him, Navas will create space for Silva/KdB to do damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.