Sunderland Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

jaigurugoat said:
If we'd started with the team that began the second half with we would have won the game easily.
It's not a coincidence that when Garcia went off and Milner went into the middle we were much better.
The only decent match Garcia has had this season was against Chelsea away when we we played 5 in midfield which meant he had less work to do.

There's seems to be a complacency away from home against the lower teams which starts with the manager and goes through the whole side. By the time we woke up today it was too late.

I'm afraid Pelligrini must take the majority of the blame today, this constant chopping and changing of the team isn't helping.

How many different back fours have we had this season? Too many imo is the answer.

NQCitizen said:
Chippy_boy said:
NQCitizen said:
I'd really rather a player could do more than one thing. Navas is fundamentally wrong for the team and tactics.

Nonsense. We played 1000% better as soon as we got him on. He got 3 or 4 decent crosses in and won 2 or 3 corners as well. Before he came on, we created NOTHING on the right side.

1000% improvement would surely see us score?
If the players would have got into the box then we would have, Did u not see the pass cross he put in past the face of the goal? Or the cross he put in for Dzeko that he let Brown head away?

kippaxblue76 said:
Well that was painful to watch, I feel sick. Just a couple of points, why bring Navas on and then proceed to only get 2/3 players in the box when he crosses it against 7/8/9 Sunderland players ? Why take off Negredo and not a defender when we have total control and need a goal ? Also the ref was shocking not sending off Larsson but that is still no excuse. Gutted.
Agreed, so few people in the box, Yaya was near half way line most of the time, and our winger keep crossing to Stupidland's heads. So frustrated to say the least though.

threadkiller said:
NQCitizen said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Would have won that if Milner started in the middle and Navas on the right.

Garcia is seriously one of the worst city players i've ever seen so fucking wank its untrue.

We didn't even come close to scoring with that set up. Navas finds a City player about 1 in 5 times.

Although it would help if there were any City players in the box when he played a cross........

If there's no players in the box why cross the ball? Is Navas that one dimensional?

Too many players simply don't fight. Thought we'd sorted our mentality the yr we won the league. But clearly not.why let Barry go and keep Garcia?

brian the blue said:
Kiss goodbye to the title. Disasterous managerial change in the summer. Not sure if we'll even make top 4 at this rate but hey, we got out of our champions league group which had only one good team in it in Bayern and they absolutely dismantled us when we played them.

Pathetic team full of players who are happy to coast by and only turn it on at home.

I fail to see one thing that Pellegrini has done differently to Mancini other than make us an absolute shambles at the back.
That makes 2 of us , we fucked up getting this bloke, I see no improvement at all. End of the season he`ll be gone , with us potless & in th Europa league

SAMH4000 said:
threadkiller said:
kndavid said:
I know six city fans who quit the the club today . . . just utterly pathetic, CITY'S DEAD.

GOOD. Don't need or want plastic fans at our club.

What would you rather see: plastic fans or plastic seats?

theres more to it than that, if someone 'quits' the club cos of a poor result (or 4) then good riddance

bugsyblue said:
Petetheblu said:
Not bothered as my arsenal top came today!!

We were 8 points behind the scum but still won the league. Stop your fookin whinging!!!

Yeah and the big difference then there was ONE team that had to drop points. We are now relying on six teams to drop points!

No need to rely, they will drop points.

Beside they all have to play us at least once.

This is movember for christ sakes....man up!!!

Glad I'm not going to many away games. It really is Jekyll and Hyde.

I like most could probably list a whole host of reasons for today but the bottom line is that regardless of who was missing, the initial selection etc etc we could and should be beating Sunderland (and Cardiff and Villa) with the players we had on the pitch.

It's just incredibly frustrating to see what appears to be players going through the motions until they wake upto the fact that they have a struggle on their hands, and by then, we are dealing with a highly motivated opponent who has got something to hold onto and probably can't believe they are still in the contest . Mind you in all honesty that was not the case at Villa where we totally dominated from the first whistle.

I last remember winning there when Agent Hughes was in charge and we just scraped a draw through AJ didn't we.

It's not over yet but it's not looking promising is it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.