Sunderland Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

cleavers said:
black mamba said:
Smelly Cnut said:
Is it just me who thinks we didn't play all that bad yesterday? I know our away form is absolutely dogshit but had it not been for the great wall of Sunderland yesterday we could have had 3 or 4. I know its not a great excuse but I'd be a lot more worried if we weren't creating chances away from home at all but we are..

Arsenal, United and Liverpool have all won at Sunderland this season , and presumably all faced the same problems that we did ....... they would just have worn Sunderland down to take the points.
Without looking, I don't think they had Poyet as manager, a very different kettle of fish. I think he'll have them mid-table by the spring, he's a good manager for me, and the players are now playing for their manager, unlike Di Canio.

So will we if we can't beat average teams away from home, average like Stoke and Villa.

r.soleofsalford said:
cibaman said:
r.soleofsalford said:
with Kompany out with a mid to long term injury, Silva. Nastasic and Fernandinho also out, why was the team further disrupted by changing both fucking fullbacks.

and how many times are Sunderland going to get away with fouls. Larsson should have walk for his foul on Garcia and Bardsley foul on Milner when scoring.

having said all that MP majorly at fault here yet again. get a grip before our title challenge leaks away to fuck all through your team selections and tactical errors.

Micha why was you stood stock fucking still high up the field in their half during two attacks, it looked like you were thinking what to have for tea while the game went on around you. i was gob smacked never seen anything like that in a professional game.

i`m not a Micha hate i think he can offer a lot to the team but ffs.

I could see your point if he'd rotated Negredo, Aguero, Nasri or Yaya. But the fullbacks that played yesterday have plenty of experience playing for City, and are not appreciably worse than the players they replaced. Many City fans believe that Kolarov is playing better than Clichy this season, Micah has more than a few supporters. Pellegrini had every right to bring them in an expect them to do a job.

I thought there was a strong case for playing Navas rather than Garcia, but then I've criticised Pellegrini for being too attacking away from home so cant really complain about the team he put out yesterday. It should still have been more than good enough to win.

The performance was much more of a concern than tactics or selection issues.

no a case of whether they are better or worse. we`ve just had a 7-0 and a 5-2 WINS with the same team, what with the international break coming up why would you want to change a winning team other than through injuries. we looked disjoint throughout the team.

heard the team selection as we got to the ground on the Monton branch coach we talked about the possible outcome, as upsetting as it was it came as no surprise
<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:52 pm --<br /><br />
r.soleofsalford said:
cibaman said:
r.soleofsalford said:
with Kompany out with a mid to long term injury, Silva. Nastasic and Fernandinho also out, why was the team further disrupted by changing both fucking fullbacks.

and how many times are Sunderland going to get away with fouls. Larsson should have walk for his foul on Garcia and Bardsley foul on Milner when scoring.

having said all that MP majorly at fault here yet again. get a grip before our title challenge leaks away to fuck all through your team selections and tactical errors.

Micha why was you stood stock fucking still high up the field in their half during two attacks, it looked like you were thinking what to have for tea while the game went on around you. i was gob smacked never seen anything like that in a professional game.

i`m not a Micha hate i think he can offer a lot to the team but ffs.

I could see your point if he'd rotated Negredo, Aguero, Nasri or Yaya. But the fullbacks that played yesterday have plenty of experience playing for City, and are not appreciably worse than the players they replaced. Many City fans believe that Kolarov is playing better than Clichy this season, Micah has more than a few supporters. Pellegrini had every right to bring them in an expect them to do a job.

I thought there was a strong case for playing Navas rather than Garcia, but then I've criticised Pellegrini for being too attacking away from home so cant really complain about the team he put out yesterday. It should still have been more than good enough to win.

The performance was much more of a concern than tactics or selection issues.

no a case of whether they are better or worse. we`ve just had a 7-0 and a 5-2 WINS with the same team, what with the international break coming up why would you want to change a winning team other than through injuries. we looked disjoint throughout the team.

heard the team selection as we got to the ground on the Monton branch coach we talked about the possible outcome, as upsetting as it was it came as no surprise

The defeat yesterday was shocking . Even now I`m fuming at what I saw yesterday . How many saves did Sunderland keeper make yesterday . We were playing a team 2nd from bottom . This is like typical City of the past . Milner and Richards were poor yesterday . I think Richards look like he can't be arsed anymore .

cleavers said:
black mamba said:
Smelly Cnut said:
Is it just me who thinks we didn't play all that bad yesterday? I know our away form is absolutely dogshit but had it not been for the great wall of Sunderland yesterday we could have had 3 or 4. I know its not a great excuse but I'd be a lot more worried if we weren't creating chances away from home at all but we are..

Arsenal, United and Liverpool have all won at Sunderland this season , and presumably all faced the same problems that we did ....... they would just have worn Sunderland down to take the points.
Without looking, I don't think they had Poyet as manager, a very different kettle of fish. I think he'll have them mid-table by the spring, he's a good manager for me, and the players are now playing for their manager, unlike Di Canio.
Utd lost at home to WBA. They are 1 point above us

We have lost Kompany, lost Hart due to media hysteria compounding his loss of form, and had all kinds of other injury problems to deal with and an unprecedented, almost laughable series of gaffes away from home from refs, to Hart and Nasty and yet still we are just 6 points off the top

Providing Hart and Kompany's situations are resolved in our favour then we should be favourites. In the worst case scenario we have to salvage a top 4 spot

To be fair we were dicked by 2 really bad decisions by the ref red card for larsson and the foul on milner by bardsley on another day we would of won 4 nil the final ball was all that was missing worrying that we lost on the road again but did, nt deserve to.

baildon blue said:
I think Richards look like he can't be arsed anymore .
He was poor, but certainly on the TV I watched, you couldn't make an accusation of not arsed. Too busy trying to be a forward maybe, and why Milner had to be fouled for their goal, because he'd abdicated his defencive duties, but not arsed ? Give over.

Marvin said:
cleavers said:
black mamba said:
Utd lost at home to WBA. They are 1 point above us

We have lost Kompany, lost Hart due to media hysteria compounding his loss of form, and had all kinds of other injury problems to deal with and an unprecedented, almost laughable series of gaffes away from home from refs, to Hart and Nasty and yet still we are just 6 points off the top

Providing Hart and Kompany's situations are resolved in our favour then we should be favourites. In the worst case scenario we have to salvage a top 4 spot

We haven't lost hart because of the media. We can't think of it like that because that would make the manager look weak if that was the case. Joes performances got him dropped

Blue Mist said:
cleavers said:
black mamba said:

So will we if we can't beat average teams away from home, average like Stoke and Villa.
I wasn't saying we shouldn't win these games, just offering a reason why Sunderland are better than when they played the other games, irrespective of that we should be looking at winning games like that, or at the very least we shouldn't be losing 3 of them this early in the season.

-- Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:02 pm --

bobmcfc said:
We haven't lost hart because of the media. We can't think of it like that because that would make the manager look weak if that was the case. Joes performances got him dropped
Correct, and he'll be back stronger for Manchester City, soon enough, because it was the right decision.

Thenumber1blue said:
powelleblue said:
Well im not accepting that performance. How can a team that dicks Norwhich 7 nil and batters CSK at home then plays like that and gets beat by relegation fodder.A few points id like to make don't tell me GARCIA is better than Gaz BARRY.KOLOROV wouldn't never wear a blue shirt again if up to me cos all he can do is cross a ball but even then ya have to give it him on his stride.
I see now MANCINI has gone and the players arnt feeling hard done by with some of his criticism the nicey nicey approach that supposed to work is working .What a loada tosh. City just turned up and thought they could win by being on the pitch.
I feel let down big time im a blue of 40yrs and still no matter who plays how much we spend we still have that self destruct button and its us the fans that suffer with false hope .WELL PISSED OFF.
Just wondering what Kolarov did wrong,can't seem to get my head round it's his fault after every defeat ,was he not twice as good as Micah on the day ?
I agree its all not his fault but when he plays we look vulnerable he gives the ball away to much .We all know Micah can do better but he hasn't started many games so will be a bit rusty .I'm judging Kolarov over the time he's been at CITY not just the Sunderland match .

East Level 2 said:
Dribble said:
First of all allow me to congratulate Sunderland, they played brilliantly especially in the 1st half. We were distinctly average and it took their 1st goal to wake us out of our slumber
Wow, so "brilliantly" involves committing a red-card tackle and being lucky enough to get away with it, and committing a foul in the lead up to a goal. Not the sort of "brilliantly" I normally associate with football but each to their own I suppose.
Sunderland's performance added up to more than the sum of their parts. They played to their maximum and we well below ours and they won simples. For all the 2nd half pressure we applied, we could still be playing now and we still wouldn't have scored.

Yes, there was a bad foul and Milner was 'out-muscled' for their goal but so what. We were beaten by the team who wanted it more on the day and there's no getting away from that. We were fuckin shit and got what our performance deserved and I for one aint looking for any feeble excuses to make myself feel better about a wank performance.

Feel free to bury your head as much as you want fella, but that rubbish performance was there for all to see and I hope MP sorts it out sooner rather than later. Seeing our players strolling about for the 1st 30 minutes whilst MP just sat there glum faced watching Poyet whip his team and their fans into a frenzy was painful for me to watch. So I'll stay on the side of reality if that's ok and leave the straw clutching to you dude......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.