Sunderland Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

Can't for the life of me understand our tempo when we play away. We seem to be walking around all the time. Short, safe passes to make the stats look impressive but no cutting edge and no "give and goes" (the giver having to run for the return would probably explain that one!)

No passion, commitment or savvy (compare our game with the scum's performance at Fulham the week before) oh and Mike Dean must have been reading Bluemoon and, worried that he was getting a reputation of being our favourite ref, decided to give us fuck all for a change!

Is it just me who thinks we didn't play all that bad yesterday? I know our away form is absolutely dogshit but had it not been for the great wall of Sunderland yesterday we could have had 3 or 4. I know its not a great excuse but I'd be a lot more worried if we weren't creating chances away from home at all but we are..

Yesterday, I reckon it was merely our profligacy before goal that saw us lose. 4 shots on target out of 24? That's terrible. And hopefully an anomaly. Although we've said that about a fair few things this season already

Not that it would do us any good but no news yet on the FA's new retrospective punishment for the red card challenge that didn't even get a yellow for. Or as it didn't happen to a Utd player and now shown 24/7 on Sky, it didn't happen so all forgotten about

hertsblue said:
Not that it would do us any good but no news yet on the FA's new retrospective punishment for the red card challenge that didn't even get a yellow for. Or as it didn't happen to a Utd player and now shown 24/7 on Sky, it didn't happen so all forgotten about

Some you get away with some you don't.

There is never any consistency of punishment and application of punishment when it comes to these things.

Smelly Cnut said:
Is it just me who thinks we didn't play all that bad yesterday? I know our away form is absolutely dogshit but had it not been for the great wall of Sunderland yesterday we could have had 3 or 4. I know its not a great excuse but I'd be a lot more worried if we weren't creating chances away from home at all but we are..

But we aren't creating chances... There was no silva for the final pass, no fernandinho to pass forward through their midfield and no movement upfront from our strikers. Spoke to some mackems post game and they agreed that we were just shit and it is telling when you make Wes brown look good

Eccles Blue said:
SrilankanBlue said:
Milner is a decent squad player but the way some of the guys on here talk as if he is Vidal in midfield and Ribery on the wing. Bet you if Navas started there would have been a significant number of people asking why we didn't opt for Milner's graft in a physical away game.

If you had seen Milner's performance yesterday as compared to YaYa who gets the call every single match, you would have said that Milner should be the first on the team sheet!! Milner bossed and encouraged everyone else whilst putting in a MOTM performance of his own. He was definitely the best player of ours for the whole 94 minutes.

The difference is if Yaya plays well we win - if Milner has a good game its not necessarily good enough to win the game for us.

geoff hammond said:
Eccles Blue said:
SrilankanBlue said:
Milner is a decent squad player but the way some of the guys on here talk as if he is Vidal in midfield and Ribery on the wing. Bet you if Navas started there would have been a significant number of people asking why we didn't opt for Milner's graft in a physical away game.

If you had seen Milner's performance yesterday as compared to YaYa who gets the call every single match, you would have said that Milner should be the first on the team sheet!! Milner bossed and encouraged everyone else whilst putting in a MOTM performance of his own. He was definitely the best player of ours for the whole 94 minutes.

The difference is if Yaya plays well we win - if Milner has a good game its not necessarily good enough to win the game for us.

But how often this season has YaYa won a game for us?? I can see where you are coming from but I think that sometimes the 'workhorses' like Milner give us more than the lazy 'trotting horses' like YaYa. And that is what happened yesterday.

I thought Milner was poor yesterday. For the goal, I don't think you can hide behind the excuse claiming a foul. He should have been stronger.

His best moments were cleaning up when Lescott didn't have the pace needed.

The Milner Apologists say he is not a winger and deserves to play in the middle. Given his chance in the 2nd half, he almost always turned down the chance to play a forward pass. That is my problem with him. It's average Joe. Lots of running, very little skill, vision, or ability to pick a pass.

Nasri and Aguero were the only 2 players who were trying to create yesterday, and it showed that they were the 2 who got frustrated at the end.

Ducado said:
I don’t know if this makes it any better but the collection of other fans in my office, reckon it was just one of those games that all teams have, a cup final performance by Sunderland they got a lucky goal and hung on for dear life
So we were unlucky not to draw?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.