Dinho
Yaya
Nasri
Milner
Negredo
Aguero

0 - 4

Aguero, Negredo, Yaya, Kolorov

Job done, International break and have a fresh Silva nd Kompany to welcome the YIDS

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
BlueSiam said:
nalari said:
I like the look of this.

This line up is worryingly slow in the left side of defense

870296_Manchester_City.jpg

I was hoping Kolarov will spend most his time in the attacking third.

Nastasic is doubtful so Lescott steps in, I think Milner can do a job centrally if Fernandinho is injured

What's wrong with Clichy ? Injured ?

icemanbops said:
Pants
Zabba
Demi
Nasti
Kolorov
Dinho
Yaya
Nasri
Milner
Negredo
Aguero

0 - 4

Aguero, Negredo, Yaya, Kolorov

Job done, International break and have a fresh Silva nd Kompany to welcome the YIDS
Not heard anything since, but weren't Nasty and Fern injury concerns yesterday?

Academica said:
bobmcfc said:
Plaything of the gods said:
Yes. I had just finished editing my post to say "available" as I don't know when he got injured or if he was ever 'out' - and also to allay any fears that he might be "back in the team" - although, as Pellers seems to like playing him, he might well be!

It might sound harsh of me but I honestly believe he has the reverse Midas touch in our team and everything goes a little shakey for the team when he is in it. I'm not a fan and think he should be sold ASAP

No what you mean I feel the same about Milner.

Dont be bloody daft..

Academica said:
bobmcfc said:
Yes. I had just finished editing my post to say "available" as I don't know when he got injured or if he was ever 'out' - and also to allay any fears that he might be "back in the team" - although, as Pellers seems to like playing him, he might well be!

It might sound harsh of me but I honestly believe he has the reverse Midas touch in our team and everything goes a little shakey for the team when he is in it. I'm not a fan and think he should be sold ASAP

No what you mean I feel the same about Milner.

Really ? You must be in the minority.

Jumanji said:
Ric said:
It does seem odd, and whilst Pellegrini obviously likes his fullbacks to push on it does tend to nullify Navas' effectiveness.
Fullbacks attacking isn't the problem. It's almost a necessity in the modern game for them to create pass outlets and exploit overloads.

The problem is which areas the fullback occupies when going forward.

There are two areas or ways fullbacks attack:
1) Widest man of overload. Usually on the receiving end of 1-2's from winger, and then supply the box, etc....

2) Practiced regularly by the top technical fullbacks like Alaba and Alves, FB's can also slot into midfield when forward.
The winger is now pushed wide and becomes the receiving end of the FB/Wgr wing play, as opposed to the winger trying to play the fullback in.

I'd like to see Zaba giving the wing to Navas more often. After all, Navas will, 9.6 times out of 10, put in a better delivery than he or Richards.

Only thing about option #2 is that it more creative burden is put on the fullback to play the winger through for a cross. I don't think Zaba would have too much a problem, he's put some nice passes in the wing before.

For a traditional winger, striking the right with your fullback is pivotal.
There is another role for Navas though, that of coming inside and shooting. He has scored against Wigan in the LC and almost got a goal against Norwich this way. I'd love to see him running onto balls behind the defence and smashing in goals.

Good post, i understand .
Do you not all think that Micah is our best option as regards an attacking full back, i personally think he causes much more of a problem to the opposition than zaba does ( just my opinion) and obviously attacking play is a pivotal part of the full backs armoury in the modern game.
I dont know whether Micah is fully match fit yet but im very surprised he hasn't been used more often ,especially on the occasions where we have played twice in the week .
It might be coz he's english !! Lol(mischievous comment)

Jumanji said:
Ric said:
It does seem odd, and whilst Pellegrini obviously likes his fullbacks to push on it does tend to nullify Navas' effectiveness.
Fullbacks attacking isn't the problem. It's almost a necessity in the modern game for them to create pass outlets and exploit overloads.

1) Widest man of overload. Usually on the receiving end of 1-2's from winger, and then supply the box, etc....

2) Practiced regularly by the top technical fullbacks like Alaba and Alves, FB's can also slot into midfield when forward.
The winger is now pushed wide and becomes the receiving end of the FB/Wgr wing play, as opposed to the winger trying to play the fullback in.

I'd like to see Zaba giving the wing to Navas more often. After all, Navas will, 9.6 times out of 10, put in a better delivery than he or Richards.

Only thing about option #2 is that it more creative burden is put on the fullback to play the winger through for a cross. I don't think Zaba would have too much a problem, he's put some nice passes in the wing before.

There is another role for Navas though, that of coming inside and shooting. He has scored against Wigan in the LC and almost got a goal against Norwich this way. I'd love to see him running onto balls behind the defence and smashing in goals.

Don't expect too many goals from Navas , during the last 10 years he's NEVER really been that 'prolific' a goalscorer from wide play for either club or country ..... Navas averaged about a goal every 12 games at Sevilla , and Mike Summerbee actually had a better goal record than that here during his day ....... but we do have a right to expect a decent supply of crosses from Navas , and with the pace he possesses that should be well within his capabilities.

skybluepete said:
Jumanji said:

Good post, i understand .
Do you not all think that Micah is our best option as regards an attacking full back, i personally think he causes much more of a problem to the opposition than zaba does ( just my opinion) and obviously attacking play is a pivotal part of the full backs armoury in the modern game.
I dont know whether Micah is fully match fit yet but im very surprised he hasn't been used more often ,especially on the occasions where we have played twice in the week .
It might be coz he's english !! Lol(mischievous comment)

I agree. For me Zabaleta is all about heart, guts, commitment, professionalism. All very admirable attributes. But low on quality for me (sorry).

You can add "enthusiasm" as well, as a positive. Always keen to get forward, but usually fuck all comes from it. He's been getting better at crossing, yes. But he is still fairly crap as an attacking player, he just does not have the skill.

Defensively Zaba is much better than he is going forward, but he is still prone to getting skinned, finds himself the wrong side of the ball and is often too easily beaten for me. Micah shares many of these faults too, but at least he has pace to get back, and critically for me, he is MUCH more dangerous going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.