support for de jong

Well you sure showed me with that measured, reasonable analogy of a serial killer!

I would rather converse with the most plastic, Surrey-based, rag than you McNab.
Because they, at least, are supporting a football club. And not taking great delight in shitting on their own when they need our support the most.

Lucky Toma said:
Neil McNab said:
If he did that tackle 100 times he would break 100 legs, unless you change something, if you can't see why he shouldn't have been making that tackle it's because your specs are tinted too darker shade of blue. Poor judgement and technique!

Mcnab, my thread about traitors was basically aimed squarely at you.

You dont rate De Jong. Okay, we've all very much got that now.

But he has been outstanding for us this season and has given everything for the cause. As blues we simply could not expect anymore from an individual in a City shirt than what he has given.
His all-action displays have made him a genuine hero for every blue man, woman and child.
And, whats more, it only takes a minimal amount of football knowledge to be aware that off the pitch he's a thoroughly decent and likeable guy.
In fact, for a hard man, on the pitch he's a thoroughly decent and likeable guy!
Never complains or cheats. Always check that an opponent is okay after a 50/50. Never stays down if he's the one who has come worse off. Gets up, brushes himself down, then goes about his business.

He represents us on the pitch - the fans I mean. He IS us on the pitch. And he represents us with dilligence, class, and sustained, consistent excellence.

And you dont rate him?

Okay, thats a bit wide-of-the-mark in my opinion (to put it mildly) but football is subjective and all about opinions.

HOWEVER.......since the weekend our boy has come under attack from outside quarters. The media; rent-a-gob ex-players; even Nige's national coach and union chief. Our hero is being persecuted left, right and centre for committing the heinous crime of tackling an opponent fairly and getting the ball.

Considering the lad has given us nothing but whole-hearted displays whilst wearing a City shirt and has shed his body-weight in sweat for us you would think that we, as City fans, would close ranks and support our boy whilst he is recieving this unfair bombardment of character assassination.

But no, not you McNab. Instead you decide to spend two days relentlessly slagging the lad off on here.
And that is why in my eyes you are not a blue and can go royally fuck yourself.

Because the fact that you dont rate him is irrelevant.
I do not rate Wayne Bridge as a player. I regard him as an very average full-back who's got lucky over the years from England having a dearth of talent in his position.
But when it all kicked off last season with John Terry did I come on here and take Terry's side? Did I fuck!! Because unlike you I'm not a snidey traitor who relentlessly kicks a blue when he's down. I am a City fan so to do such a thing would be abhorrent and would go against even the most basic of instincts of being a supporter of a football club.

agree 100%. I can't understand why anyone who supports City would attack De Jong. He's never struck me as a dirty player

From someone taking Neil McNab as his on site name I cannot believe you are criticising that tackle. Did you ever watch McNab in action?

De Jong was playing his game and it was something that many players before him did such as Roy Keane, Steve McMahon (who broke his own leg in such a challenge), Peter Reid, Bryan Robson to name just a few with local connections.

A player cannot expect that he will not get a fairly forceful bang on the leg at some point and if his studs are plugged in the ground then it is going to possibly break a leg. Football is a very quick game these days and accidents will happen. Roy Keane was allowed to gloat about such a tackle, though I remember thinking at the time that Haaland didn't deserve a place in the City team at that time anyway. It probably did not get this publicity because nobody really cared. De Jong is maybe causing too many injuries and may have to calm down a degree, but at the end of the day when I watch City he is the one player I keep my eye on because he does the job no City player has done since Reid and McMahon, and we did finish 5th under Howard Kendall. Rarely has a team suceeded without an aggressive midfielder and if you need the names they are Souness, Keane, Batty, Vieira who together have won most recent titles. Admitedly there have not been so many aggressive midfielders in recent years but thet does not mean they are not needed. I could add Essien to the list and I admit I struggle to put a recent Scum player forward but I am sure you can accept my reluctance.

Neil McNab said:
Lucky Toma said:
Mcnab, my thread about traitors was basically aimed squarely at you.

You dont rate De Jong. Okay, we've all very much got that now.

But he has been outstanding for us this season and has given everything for the cause. As blues we simply could not expect anymore from an individual in a City shirt than what he has given.
His all-action displays have made him a genuine hero for every blue man, woman and child.
And, whats more, it only takes a minimal amount of football knowledge to be aware that off the pitch he's a thoroughly decent and likeable guy.
In fact, for a hard man, on the pitch he's a thoroughly decent and likeable guy!
Never complains or cheats. Always check that an opponent is okay after a 50/50. Never stays down if he's the one who has come worse off. Gets up, brushes himself down, then goes about his business.

He represents us on the pitch - the fans I mean. He IS us on the pitch. And he represents us with dilligence, class, and sustained, consistent excellence.

And you dont rate him?

Okay, thats a bit wide-of-the-mark in my opinion (to put it mildly) but football is subjective and all about opinions.

HOWEVER.......since the weekend our boy has come under attack from outside quarters. The media; rent-a-gob ex-players; even Nige's national coach and union chief. Our hero is being persecuted left, right and centre for committing the heinous crime of tackling an opponent fairly and getting the ball.

Considering the lad has given us nothing but whole-hearted displays whilst wearing a City shirt and has shed his body-weight in sweat for us you would think that we, as City fans, would close ranks and support our boy whilst he is recieving this unfair bombardment of character assassination.

But no, not you McNab. Instead you decide to spend two days relentlessly slagging the lad off on here.
And that is why in my eyes you are not a blue and can go royally fuck yourself.

Because the fact that you dont rate him is irrelevant.
I do not rate Wayne Bridge as a player. I regard him as an very average full-back who's got lucky over the years from England having a dearth of talent in his position.
But when it all kicked off last season with John Terry did I come on here and take Terry's side? Did I fuck!! Because unlike you I'm not a snidey traitor who relentlessly kicks a blue when he's down. I am a City fan so to do such a thing would be abhorrent and would go against even the most basic of instincts of being a supporter of a football club.
Harold shipman was a top bloke 99.99% of his life, that .001% is the bit that makes me glad he's pushing up daisies. I'm sure De Jong is a mild mannered saint who helps old ladies across the road, I've not attacked his character and I haven't read much in the media that has. It's about how he plays!
So go fuck yourself moron!

What a c*nt.

There is a big difference between a player going wholeheartedly for and winning the ball (Nige on Sunday) and a systematic deliberate fouling of a player (Fletcher kicking the shit out of SWP in the COMS derby a couple of years ago). IIRC, it was on his 6th or 7th cynical foul that Fletcher actually got a yellow (I'm sure there are many more examples of players systematically fouling, but this is one that sticks in the memory cos it pissed me off so much ;)

Its amazing and a little bit sickening to see the lad vilified like he has been these past few days, but I take heart in the fact that it is just another storm in a teacup. Chin up Nige.

City Raider said:
Neil McNab said:
If he did that tackle 100 times he would break 100 legs, unless you change something, if you can't see why he shouldn't have been making that tackle it's because your specs are tinted too darker shade of blue. Poor judgement and technique!

he bent his trailing leg to avoid injuring the guy with his studs - momentum caused the injury, 10 tackles a game like that on a sunday morning, not many injuries

Correct! The ball needed winning, the player needed tackling, if de Jong had gone in with two feet he would have been sent off, so he bent the keg at the knee that wasn't goin for the ball and unfortunately that knee hit the leg of Ben Arfa!

De Jong has MY wholehearted support, City should ban Talksport and Alan Green from Eastlands.

De Jong, you are our hero. Quit the National team if the cuurent coach is in charge.

I hope Nige tells the Dutch that he is now retired from international football - absolute disgrace. Now the Geordies are trying to get in on the act. He went in hard and won the ball - no crime. If it's possible it should make him even more commited to us - Nige - the fans are 100% behind you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.