support for de jong

superblue91 said:
Neil McNab said:
If you slide in to tackle a player whose leg is going to be planted and angled away from you, you are going to have momentum that carries you through a planted leg, if that leg is angled towards you then no problem, it will lift upwards, if angled away from you the probability of injury is very high. I guess you just see them all as sliding tackles, probably just like De Jong!

My god i ain't being funny m8,but do you seriously think all that goes through your mind just b4 you make a challenge,jeez it was a hard tackle but in no way what so ever in my opinion did he go into hurt the guy,he went to get the ball he got the ball,his trailing leg unfortunately caused the damage,its just a fuckin accident move on,FFS!!!!

lol ^^^ this x10 - next time i go to make a tackle i'll bring my protractor and measure the angle of my opponents planted leg

superblue91 said:
Neil McNab said:
If you slide in to tackle a player whose leg is going to be planted and angled away from you, you are going to have momentum that carries you through a planted leg, if that leg is angled towards you then no problem, it will lift upwards, if angled away from you the probability of injury is very high. I guess you just see them all as sliding tackles, probably just like De Jong!

My god i ain't being funny m8,but do you seriously think all that goes through your mind just b4 you make a challenge,jeez it was a hard tackle but in no way what so ever in my opinion did he go into hurt the guy,he went to get the ball he got the ball,his trailing leg unfortunately caused the damage,its just a fuckin accident move on,FFS!!!!
People make more complex decisions when driving every day, it's all about poor judgement, on both sides of the challenge!

superblue91 said:
Neil McNab said:

People make more complex decisions when driving every day, it's all about poor judgement, on both sides of the challenge!

Neil McNab said:
leighton said:
He could do that tackle 100 times and the player would pop up no bother. It was just a freak injury no blame should be cast at De Jongs door it is not as if he went out to do him any harm.
If he did that tackle 100 times he would break 100 legs, unless you change something, if you can't see why he shouldn't have been making that tackle it's because your specs are tinted too darker shade of blue. Poor judgement and technique!

Mcnab, my thread about traitors was basically aimed squarely at you.

You dont rate De Jong. Okay, we've all very much got that now.

But he has been outstanding for us this season and has given everything for the cause. As blues we simply could not expect anymore from an individual in a City shirt than what he has given.
His all-action displays have made him a genuine hero for every blue man, woman and child.
And, whats more, it only takes a minimal amount of football knowledge to be aware that off the pitch he's a thoroughly decent and likeable guy.
In fact, for a hard man, on the pitch he's a thoroughly decent and likeable guy!
Never complains or cheats. Always check that an opponent is okay after a 50/50. Never stays down if he's the one who has come worse off. Gets up, brushes himself down, then goes about his business.

He represents us on the pitch - the fans I mean. He IS us on the pitch. And he represents us with dilligence, class, and sustained, consistent excellence.

And you dont rate him?

Okay, thats a bit wide-of-the-mark in my opinion (to put it mildly) but football is subjective and all about opinions.

HOWEVER.......since the weekend our boy has come under attack from outside quarters. The media; rent-a-gob ex-players; even Nige's national coach and union chief. Our hero is being persecuted left, right and centre for committing the heinous crime of tackling an opponent fairly and getting the ball.

Considering the lad has given us nothing but whole-hearted displays whilst wearing a City shirt and has shed his body-weight in sweat for us you would think that we, as City fans, would close ranks and support our boy whilst he is recieving this unfair bombardment of character assassination.

But no, not you McNab. Instead you decide to spend two days relentlessly slagging the lad off on here.
And that is why in my eyes you are not a blue and can go royally fuck yourself.

Because the fact that you dont rate him is irrelevant.
I do not rate Wayne Bridge as a player. I regard him as an very average full-back who's got lucky over the years from England having a dearth of talent in his position.
But when it all kicked off last season with John Terry did I come on here and take Terry's side? Did I fuck!! Because unlike you I'm not a snidey traitor who relentlessly kicks a blue when he's down. I am a City fan so to do such a thing would be abhorrent and would go against even the most basic of instincts of being a supporter of a football club.

i was really interested whether stats could back up whether Nige was dirrrty or not so took to the http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics website at a few things - there isn't a yellow card to game/fouls to game ratio unfortunately

was Nige in the top 10 for fouls for last season?:

1 Kevin Davies Bolton 103
2 Tim Cahill Everton 74
3 Javier Mascherano Liverpool 66
4 Wade Elliott Burnley 65
5 Carlton Cole West Ham Utd 64
6 Hendry Thomas Wigan Athletic 64
7 Fabrice Muamba Bolton 63
8 John Carew Aston Villa 61
9 Mohamed Diame Wigan Athletic 60
10 Karl Henry Wolves 60

no - he was 47th:

47 Nigel De Jong Manchester City 42

this is about 1.23 fouls per game or 5 fouls every 4 games (34 games)

was Nige in the top 10 for yellow cards?

1 Fabrice Muamba Bolton 11
2 Titus Bramble Wigan Athletic 10
3 Lorik Cana Sunderland 10
4 Stephen Carr Birmingham 10
5 Javier Mascherano Liverpool 10
6 Stiliyan Petrov Aston Villa 10
7 Alex Song Arsenal 10
8 Kevin Davies Bolton 9
9 Ricardo Fuller Stoke City 9
10 Leiva Lucas Liverpool 9

no - he was 40th:

40 Nigel De Jong Manchester City 7

but what about this year - has he got any dirrrttier?

fouls -

1 Kevin Davies Bolton 26
2 Andrew Carroll Newcastle 18
3 Stiliyan Petrov Aston Villa 17
4 Alex Song Arsenal 16
5 Karl Henry Wolves 15
6 Fabrice Muamba Bolton 15
7 Paul Scholes Man Utd 15
8 Tim Cahill Everton 14
9 John Carew Aston Villa 14
10 Marouane Fellaini Everton 14
11 Hendry Thomas Wigan Athletic 14
12 Dean Whitehead Stoke City 14
13 Christophe Berra Wolves 13
14 Nigel De Jong Manchester City 13

moved up a little Nige but still early days...

incidentally he has played 6 times so his fouls to games ratio has gone up to 2.2 and really means his fouls have doubled so far this season - maybe refs are keeping a closer eye and knuckling down or he is getting slightly dirtier - still not a patch on the mighty Kevin Davies though!

City Raider said:
superblue91 said:

lol ^^^ this x10 - next time i go to make a tackle i'll bring my protractor and measure the angle of my opponents planted leg
Fucking hell, are you that blind that you can't tell if something is leaning away from you or not, this is exactly the problem, people who are so simple that they can't apply some sense to what is bloody obvious. Boxing manages to make dangerous punches illegal and rugby stops a scrum when it's not set up right.

Lucky Toma said:

But he has been outstanding for us this season and has given everything for the cause. As blues we simply could not expect anymore from an individual in a City shirt than what he has given.
His all-action displays have made him a genuine hero for every blue man, woman and child.
And, whats more, it only takes a minimal amount of football knowledge to be aware that off the pitch he's a thoroughly decent and likeable guy.
In fact, for a hard man, on the pitch he's a thoroughly decent and likeable guy!
Never complains or cheats. Always check that an opponent is okay after a 50/50. Never stays down if he's the one who has come worse off. Gets up, brushes himself down, then goes about his business.

He represents us on the pitch - the fans I mean. He IS us on the pitch. And he represents us with dilligence, class, and sustained, consistent excellence.

And you dont rate him?

Okay, thats a bit wide-of-the-mark in my opinion (to put it mildly) but football is subjective and all about opinions.

HOWEVER.......since the weekend our boy has come under attack from outside quarters. The media; rent-a-gob ex-players; even Nige's national coach and union chief. Our hero is being persecuted left, right and centre for committing the heinous crime of tackling an opponent fairly and getting the ball.

Considering the lad has given us nothing but whole-hearted displays whilst wearing a City shirt and has shed his body-weight in sweat for us you would think that we, as City fans, would close ranks and support our boy whilst he is recieving this unfair bombardment of character assassination.

But no, not you McNab. Instead you decide to spend two days relentlessly slagging the lad off on here.

Because the fatc that you dont rate him is irrelevant.
I do not rate Wayne Bridge as a player. I regard him as an very average full-back who's got lucky over the years from England having a dearth of talent in his position.
But whne it all kicked off last season with John Terry did I come on here and take Terry's side? Did I fuck!! Because unlike you I'm not a snivelling snidey traitor. I am a blue.

Toma, rousing post mate...... you've got my vote....... well said that man.

Neil McNab said:
superblue91 said:

mate, you can't have played - decisions are made in milliseconds, you only see the ball, can i get it, you go - all over way before mirror, signal, manoeuvre lol (not that anyone does)<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:32 pm --<br /><br />
Neil McNab said:
City Raider said:
Fucking hell, are you that blind that you can't tell if something is leaning away from you or not, this is exactly the problem, people who are so simple that they can't apply some sense to what is bloody obvious. Boxing manages to make dangerous punches illegal and rugby stops a scrum when it's not set up right.

this proves my post above - you've never played - you only see the ball, looking at legs? ffs get real

Lucky Toma said:
Neil McNab said:
If he did that tackle 100 times he would break 100 legs, unless you change something, if you can't see why he shouldn't have been making that tackle it's because your specs are tinted too darker shade of blue. Poor judgement and technique!

And you dont rate him?

Because the fact that you dont rate him is irrelevant.
But when it all kicked off last season with John Terry did I come on here and take Terry's side? Did I fuck!! Because unlike you I'm not a snidey traitor who relentlessly kicks a blue when he's down. I am a City fan so to do such a thing would be abhorrent and would go against even the most basic of instincts of being a supporter of a football club.
Harold shipman was a top bloke 99.99% of his life, that .001% is the bit that makes me glad he's pushing up daisies. I'm sure De Jong is a mild mannered saint who helps old ladies across the road, I've not attacked his character and I haven't read much in the media that has. It's about how he plays!
So go fuck yourself moron!

Well said Toma,i like you am fuckin sick and tired of our fans not defending our players,that tackle by the wolves player now that was true filth,but de-jong strong but fair.

Like people have said why are the media not goin overboard about Henry(was it) ill tell you why cause if if had been city of 3 years ago nowt would have been said about this,just cause every fucker is jelous about us anything that happens is a big story.

Dose anyone for 1 minute think that if this was Scholes,or carrick anything like this much attention would have been given to it,never in the memory of man would it have been,they are shit scared of that lot and you know what i admire them for the stance they take on defending there own players,its high time we started to do the same.

Come on M.C.F.C lets grow some and start to stand up against these twats lets make it known we ain't gonna fuckin stand for it anymore!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.