support for de jong

Im trying to be objective on this which isnt easy as I am a huge De Jong fan.
Ive seen the tackle 100s of times and still cant really decide for me if its a foul or not.

It brings me back to a discussion/(world war III fight) I had with my Dad once.

I saw footage of the Colin Bell/Martin Buchan incident for the first time on video (im only 37). Years after listening to my dad rant and rave about the "dirty rag bastard" even going as far as enduring my dad doing "Phoenix from the flames - type reinactions" of the tackle in our front room, I saw the tackle on a video and whilst the reprecussions for Colin (and ultimately for us as a club) were dreadful, I can not hand on heart swear that Buchans challenge was a dreadful foul. On the edge yes, but a dirty foul I do not know.
When I mentioned to my Dad the ball was there to be played he nearly threw my Millienium Falcon in the bin.

I darent bring this up with my Dad again incase he disinherits me, and I know I am on thin ice with this one - as the incident resulted in the end of King Colins career -, but if we consider De Jongs tackle compared with that of Buchan, what do we really objectively think???
Are we blinded as it one of our own?? or do we "take is as part of the game" even if it results in a Colin Bell type scenario for us??

I should add I love tackling and consider myself to have been a half decent "De Jong" in my time so Im really interested to know what fellow blues objectively think.

I can not beleive the legs this story is getting, Royus Keanus delibrately fouled and ended the career of Alfie Haaland. Would love to revisit the media coverage of that again!

Harlaching Sky Blue said:
Im trying to be objective on this which isnt easy as I am a huge De Jong fan.
Ive seen the tackle 100s of times and still cant really decide for me if its a foul or not.

It brings me back to a discussion/(world war III fight) I had with my Dad once.

I saw footage of the Colin Bell/Martin Buchan incident for the first time on video (im only 37). Years after listening to my dad rant and rave about the "dirty rag bastard" even going as far as enduring my dad doing "Phoenix from the flames - type reinactions" of the tackle in our front room, I saw the tackle on a video and whilst the reprecussions for Colin (and ultimately for us as a club) were dreadful, I can not hand on heart swear that Buchans challenge was a dreadful foul. On the edge yes, but a dirty foul I do not know.
When I mentioned to my Dad the ball was there to be played he nearly threw my Millienium Falcon in the bin.

I darent bring this up with my Dad again incase he disinherits me, and I know I am on thin ice with this one - as the incident resulted in the end of King Colins career -, but if we consider De Jongs tackle compared with that of Buchan, what do we really objectively think???
Are we blinded as it one of our own?? or do we "take is as part of the game" even if it results in a Colin Bell type scenario for us??

I should add I love tackling and consider myself to have been a half decent "De Jong" in my time so Im really interested to know what fellow blues objectively think.

I can not beleive the legs this story is getting, Royus Keanus delibrately fouled and ended the career of Alfie Haaland. Would love to revisit the media coverage of that again!

Colin Bell himself doesn't blame the dirty rag bastard..... he reckons it was part of the game..... he says had three options and just chose the wrong one (to pull the ball back). which left his leg planted. To this day Buchan has never apologised for ruining Colin's career as he feels he did nothing wrong.

Keep playing like you do NDJ. You don't mean harm and thats all that matters. Hate the game not the player.

leighton said:
He could do that tackle 100 times and the player would pop up no bother. It was just a freak injury no blame should be cast at De Jongs door it is not as if he went out to do him any harm.
If he did that tackle 100 times he would break 100 legs, unless you change something, if you can't see why he shouldn't have been making that tackle it's because your specs are tinted too darker shade of blue. Poor judgement and technique!

Neil McNab said:
leighton said:
He could do that tackle 100 times and the player would pop up no bother. It was just a freak injury no blame should be cast at De Jongs door it is not as if he went out to do him any harm.
If he did that tackle 100 times he would break 100 legs, unless you change something, if you can't see why he shouldn't have been making that tackle it's because your specs are tinted too darker shade of blue. Poor judgement and technique!

he bent his trailing leg to avoid injuring the guy with his studs - momentum caused the injury, 10 tackles a game like that on a sunday morning, not many injuries

Neil McNab said:
leighton said:

No chance, Ben Arfa planted his weight just as De Jong caught him with his trailing leg. 99 times out of 100 Ben Afra wouldn't have even been hurt.

Neil McNab said:
leighton said:

The tackle was strong, fair & legal and but was also statement of intent.

I was keeping a watchful eye on Barton's movements during the game as I was expecting fireworks between him and DJ but every time he had possession and DJ came close he released quickly and there was never really a coming together which is unusual for 2 combative mid-fielders....... make of that what you will but I believe Barton was wary of DJ.

In the good old days the ref's used to let the first few crunching tackles go even tho most were illegal, these "tackles" were to let the opposition know what you were about. DJ's tackle was legal and fair but the message was clearly delivered to Newcastle.

Neil McNab said:
leighton said:

No he wouldn't, i agree it was a poor tackle and a poor decision to go in that way, but the reason Ben Arfa's leg got broken is because of the way Ben Arfa went in as well. I am not blaming him obviously, the tackle was dangerous because that was the risk it posed, but i think the majority of the time the player would have got his leg off the ground before the impact so it didn't get trapped like it did.

City Raider said:
Neil McNab said:

he bent his trailing leg to avoid injuring the guy with his studs - momentum caused the injury, 10 tackles a game like that on a sunday morning, not many injuries
If you slide in to tackle a player whose leg is going to be planted and angled away from you, you are going to have momentum that carries you through a planted leg, if that leg is angled towards you then no problem, it will lift upwards, if angled away from you the probability of injury is very high. I guess you just see them all as sliding tackles, probably just like De Jong!

Neil McNab said:
City Raider said:
If you slide in to tackle a player whose leg is going to be planted and angled away from you, you are going to have momentum that carries you through a planted leg, if that leg is angled towards you then no problem, it will lift upwards, if angled away from you the probability of injury is very high. I guess you just see them all as sliding tackles, probably just like De Jong!

My god i ain't being funny m8,but do you seriously think all that goes through your mind just b4 you make a challenge,jeez it was a hard tackle but in no way what so ever in my opinion did he go into hurt the guy,he went to get the ball he got the ball,his trailing leg unfortunately caused the damage,its just a fuckin accident move on,FFS!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.