Supporting another team??

uwe28 said:
leipzigblue said:
I always find these questions a little strange. Surely you would try going to a couple of games first, to see how it feels. What's the atmosphere like? The fans?
I used to live in Madrid and really looked forward to my first Real game at the Bernabeu. Went a couple of times and found the lack of atmosphere really depressing. Tried Atletico which was better, but then went to a Rayo Vallecano game. Absolutely fantastic atmosphere, great fans and a real local club. Needless to say, I started going regularly. Same thing before I moved to Leipzig. Looked forward to seeing Lok Leipzig, found most of the fans to be super right-wing with a sometimes really aggressive, poisonous atmosphere. Tried Sachsen Leipzig, the 'left-wing' team, got fed up with their 'holier than thou' attitude. I now watch RB Leipzig which, even though their sponsored by Red Bull, do more to attract families and kids to their games than any football club I've visited.
I don't really think it's possible to 'choose' what team to support in another town or city until you've been to their home games and tried it out.
And breathe...Just a bit of fun!!!

I suppose I did overreact slightly :)

London, West Ham
Liverpool, Everton
North East, Sunderland
West/East Midlands, Birmingham City
Wales, Cardiff
Yorkshire, Sheffield Wednesday
Scotland, Falkirk

As a West Ham fan I've (as of Saturday) officially adopted City as my 'Norvern' club. Had a great day at your stadium (we could learn alot from your gaff for when we move into our new Olympic council house). Great banter from both sets of fans and not a moments nasty feeling all game.

Best away day I've had when losing!

London: Fulham
Yorkshire: Sheffield United
Midlands: The Albion
South coast: Southampton
North East: Borough
Southwest: Torquay
Wales: Swansea

Yorkshire: Wednesday
London: west ham
Midlands: west brom
Bristol: rovers
Wales: swansea
Northeast: sunderland
Madrid: athletico
Catalonia: espanyol
Turin: torino

Stockholm: AIK
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yvfXWl0ovY[/youtube]

by far the best supported scandianvian team.

anyoldiron said:
As a West Ham fan I've (as of Saturday) officially adopted City as my 'Norvern' club. Had a great day at your stadium (we could learn alot from your gaff for when we move into our new Olympic council house). Great banter from both sets of fans and not a moments nasty feeling all game.

Best away day I've had when losing!
I think you will find that a lot of us city fans have a soft spot for west ham. In my opinion west ham are the London equivalent of manchester city.

Scotland-Rangers
North East-Sunderland
Yorkshire- Bradford
Midlands- Wolves
London- AFC Wimbledon
South coast- Brighton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.