Supporting Two Teams?

I wouldn't say supporting two teams

But I understand have an affinity for a team from another country, or maybe a lower league side that you might have a connection to somehow. But I don't understand supporting two sides that are realistic competitors.

I always check Spartak Moscow results because my grandad was a supporter. That's about it really.

Can’t believe the amount of people on here advocating some sort of support for their “second team”. Kiss my arse.
It’s City, then City then City.
Anyone else, any other team, Rangers, Bury, can kiss my sky blue ricker.

Can’t believe the amount of people on here advocating some sort of support for their “second team”. Kiss my arse.
It’s City, then City then City.
Anyone else, any other team, Rangers, Bury, can kiss my sky blue ricker.
Over the years I've seen Americans on the old email sites listing a favourite football team in just about every European country, and that's before they start on their gridiron, rounders, netball, softball and hockey teams. If they didn't have a list they wouldn't be able to remember who they support.

Being a born and bred Aberdonian, it will always be Aberdeen for me, but here in Scotland you tend to also have a favourite English team. Way back in 1978 me and fellow Dons supporting mates decided to have a fun bet between us to pick an English team who would win division 1 . So my mates were United, Liverpool, Leeds, Everton, fans so I picked Man City. We were pretty decent, and I had a soft spot for Joe Corrigan after he won Save of the Year against Leeds on MOTD. So a love affair grew between me and City, even when City hid the skids. My ex-wife was a United fan (as well as being a conniving woman) but my lovely present wife gave me a 50th birthday present by us going down for the weekend to a game in Manchester against Chelsea (1-0, Tevez). She fell in love with City too and is probably just as big a City fan as I am, if not more so. We watch all the games on iptv home and away and come down to Manchester once or twice a season to catch a couple of games. We are hoping to go to the Villa game in April this year, tickets permitting.

Also, for the NFL I am a staunch Washington Redskins/ Commanders fan for my sins. So Aberdeen/ City/ Commanders for me, ‘twas ever thus.

Being a born and bred Aberdonian, it will always be Aberdeen for me, but here in Scotland you tend to also have a favourite English team. Way back in 1978 me and fellow Dons supporting mates decided to have a fun bet between us to pick an English team who would win division 1 . So my mates were United, Liverpool, Leeds, Everton, fans so I picked Man City. We were pretty decent, and I had a soft spot for Joe Corrigan after he won Save of the Year against Leeds on MOTD. So a love affair grew between me and City, even when City hid the skids. My ex-wife was a United fan (as well as being a conniving woman) but my lovely present wife gave me a 50th birthday present by us going down for the weekend to a game in Manchester against Chelsea (1-0, Tevez). She fell in love with City too and is probably just as big a City fan as I am, if not more so. We watch all the games on iptv home and away and come down to Manchester once or twice a season to catch a couple of games. We are hoping to go to the Villa game in April this year, tickets permitting.

Also, for the NFL I am a staunch Washington Redskins/ Commanders fan for my sins. So Aberdeen/ City/ Commanders for me, ‘twas ever thus.
That was some save by Big Joe.

And the Carlos goal against Chelsea.

Was that the game, when he ran from about the halfway line?

If so, that was the first game we took our nine month-old grandson to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.